VN Ren'Py UC8 [Development Thread]

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I have started looking at, and working with the Achievement system for the game, and I have decided that because the game centers around a movie theater, I'm going to name all the achievements after 80's and 90's movies.

For example, At some point, when they go to the Aura(night club), you can chose to "dance close to one of the girls", or to "show off your moves" The first option awards the "Dirty Dancing" Achievement, and the second gives the "Footloose" Achievement.

Or maybe after you buy breakfast at the coffee shop next to the theater X# of times, you get "The Breakfast Club" Achievement.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I have started looking at, and working with the Achievement system for the game, and I have decided that because the game centers around a movie theater, I'm going to name all the achievements after 80's and 90's movies.

For example, At some point, when they go to the Aura(night club), you can chose to "dance close to one of the girls", or to "show off your moves" The first option awards the "Dirty Dancing" Achievement, and the second gives the "Footloose" Achievement.

Or maybe after you buy breakfast at the coffee shop next to the theater X# of times, you get "The Breakfast Club" Achievement.
(y) *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*
(never get through all my morning reactions ...)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Ok, I know this looks a little weird, but it's supposed to.

This is a scene from a bed time story that the MC can choose to tell to his youngest girl.

1693253213536.png

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So I have been freaking out because rendering is such a pain, and takes so long, but I finally found a batch render tool that will work right and that I think I understand, If everything works out tonight then I will be able to set up scenes every night to render over night and while I am at work the next day and that should help knock out the rest of the renders quickly. I still have about 500 renders left to do for this first episode. with batches I should hopefully be able to knock out 30+ per day. That should put me done around the 16th and then just some beta testing and hopefully can release around the end of the month.

I am doing everything I can to ensure a September launch.

Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So I have been freaking out because rendering is such a pain, and takes so long, but I finally found a batch render tool that will work right and that I think I understand, If everything works out tonight then I will be able to set up scenes every night to render over night and while I am at work the next day and that should help knock out the rest of the renders quickly. I still have about 500 renders left to do for this first episode. with batches I should hopefully be able to knock out 30+ per day. That should put me done around the 16th and then just some beta testing and hopefully can release around the end of the month.

I am doing everything I can to ensure a September launch.
(y) *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
At the gift shop inside the waterpark, the Mc offers to buy shirts for everyone. Then he finds one he likes...

1693841638158.png

;)

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Rendered these scenes in last night's batch.
1693842681526.png
Steph might have to keep an eye on Kinley... She might be too smart for her own good. :LOL:;)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
This is one of the reasons making a game is so time consuming... EVERY render has to be retouched in post by some form of photo manipulation program such as Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net, or something. even if there is no clipping error, or correction to be made, it still has to be adjusted.

Images finish rendering like this,

1694016376232.png
and that looks ok;
but this,
1694016447992.png

is much more vibrant and makes the other look dingy and washed out by comparison.

Every image has to have hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, exposure, or something adjusted to make it look... better.