VN Ren'Py UC8 [Development Thread]

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
This is one of the reasons making a game is so time consuming... EVERY render has to be retouched in post by some form of photo manipulation program such as Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net, or something. even if there is no clipping error, or correction to be made, it still has to be adjusted.

Images finish rendering like this,

View attachment 2908943
and that looks ok;
but this,
View attachment 2908948

is much more vibrant and makes the other look dingy and washed out by comparison.

Every image has to have hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, exposure, or something adjusted to make it look... better.
Seems weird that you can't adjust those settings in the rendering program you're using ...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Seems weird that you can't adjust those settings in the rendering program you're using ...
There are tons of little adjustments that you can make in Daz Studio, however, It doesn't always end up looking exactly the same after it's rendered as it does in your viewer before hand. it's close, but not perfect.
To get the end result to be exactly the way you want it in Daz would mean stopping for 30 minutes after each adjustment and re-rendering the scene over and over untill you got it right and then running all your renders in that scene. Which would mean an hour or 2 just in adjustments.
There's not a one solution setting because each scene is diferent. Outdoors, indoors, sunny, cloudy, day, night, lights on, lights off, are there mirrors in the scene or reflective surfaces that increase the light or is it all heavy cloth that absorbs light.
It's easier to just render all the images in the scene as it is, and then put them all in photoshop, figure out what adjustments need to be made on one image, and then adjust all the others quickly to match.
In a group, I can adjust 20 images in photoshop in the time it takes 1 render to process.
It's just tedious and if you accidentally miss one image it's glaringly obvious during play through.

• Sad
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
There are tons of little adjustments that you can make in Daz Studio, however, It doesn't always end up looking exactly the same after it's rendered as it does in your viewer before hand. it's close, but not perfect.
To get the end result to be exactly the way you want it in Daz would mean stopping for 30 minutes after each adjustment and re-rendering the scene over and over untill you got it right and then running all your renders in that scene. Which would mean an hour or 2 just in adjustments.
There's not a one solution setting because each scene is diferent. Outdoors, indoors, sunny, cloudy, day, night, lights on, lights off, are there mirrors in the scene or reflective surfaces that increase the light or is it all heavy cloth that absorbs light.
It's easier to just render all the images in the scene as it is, and then put them all in photoshop, figure out what adjustments need to be made on one image, and then adjust all the others quickly to match.
In a group, I can adjust 20 images in photoshop in the time it takes 1 render to process.
It's just tedious and if you accidentally miss one image it's glaringly obvious during play through.
I can understand that. I work in print (yes, that still is a job) and its pretty standard to assume you have to make an image about 10-15% "brighter" on the screen to get what you want on the page.

Reactions: Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So, while searching for music, I came across a guy who sells instramental compositions and he had a number of them listed as "This would work well with your own melody and lyrics".

I emailed and confirmed with him that if I purchased the arangement then I had free license to put vocals to it and produce the song myself. Which he verified.

So then, of course, I wrote a song to one of the pieces and am now in talks with a female vocalist about recording it.

All she has to do is sing, the music is already recorded.

UC8 may end up containing a custom song written specifically for the game.
It's currently titled "Only You Will Do."

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Three of the games that I wrote for another Dev have come out on Steam and are now also on F95. These are fully completed short games.

So, If anyone is interested in getting a taste of my writing style (only the writing, not the animation or coding) then check out Melissa's Secret By Royal Candy as well as the other two DT title links in my signiture, New Intern, and Are You Sure. (WARNING: AYS does contain NTR content that is somewhat avoidable.)

These are Sexting style AVN's and are heavily story centric. So if you are mainly here for the images, it may not be your thing, if enjoy stories however, and have an active imagination, you will probably enjoy these. You have to work throught the texts to get the girl to send you selfies.

I also write for Into the Nyx by The Coder Games, which is an ongoing work in progress. It's next iteration should drop withing the next 4 weeks depending upon rendering times.

Feel free to check these out as I complete the initial episode of UC8

UC8 will be very different from these in content, but the writing will be similar because it's just how I write.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Just to be clear. I typically write for other Devs during down time at my day job and work on UC8 in the evenings. Also, every penny I make from writing goes right back into UC8. With a very minimal support base, I have to find other ways to pay for things like assets, music, software, and other items. One of these games purchased the computer that I do my renders on. And I was already committed to all of these Devs prior to beginning UC8, so please don't feel that my writing is holding UC8 up, on the contrary, it is enabling and supporting it.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Thank you very much my dear friend , Hoping you best wishes for my beloved Erin

Our friend "Boobs Lover" post this :
Cece's face morphs+my imagination+AI power=
View attachment 2914498
View attachment 2914502
Yes She is Not Cece But She is realy realy very Beautiful
Is this what would have happened to Cece if things would have gone differently the night of the Lexi/Metronome gig? (1st bridge scene but without Mc)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Welcome Toxic Hearts!

I have just finished pricing negotiations for music rights to songs by Toxic Hearts for UC8

I will for sure be using and .

You can hear both of those songs on spotify as well as other songs they have put out. If you find another of their songs that you enjoy and would like to hear in UC8 please feel free to let me know and I will see where it might fit best. It might have to wait for a future update though.

1694283637993.png

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Ok, I am almost finished with all of the Funventure Land (Water/Amusement Park) scenes.

Here's a quick teaser of the fun!

1694327558987.png
At least Funventure Land didn't skimp on their lifegaurd swimsuits! ;)