VN Ren'Py UC8 [Development Thread]

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
It's great to hear from you! We have missed both of you. Hope everthing is going well with your current endeavor! Good luck helping with that move. Take care!
Yeah, I'm glad we're here too. Minou would be joining me if she hadn't already fallen asleep (snoring like hell right now :sleep: ). Even though she's more used to it than me, the jet lag has also affected her. But I'm not complaining. Of course, it's hard work to work with well-known brands and many sponsors. An example... The other day I had already set up the decor and had the models rehearse when a guy came running up and said "wait wait wait, you're missing that in the landscape... I'm looking at him and says "Why the hell do we need a hardwood chair for a photo shoot on a beach in California??? "He said, 'I don't know dude, ask the big boss. With that, Ashley comes in, she looks at me and sees that I'm upset, so she says 'oh shit, I forgot to tell you about the chair, right ? :oops:
So you see, I needed a little break and the move of our daughters is more than welcome. Not to mention it's a little hard on Ashley's daughter. She just arrived from the States and left all her friends to move in with us and we are already gone for who knows how long. She currently lives with my daughters and the three of them get along very well, but... well, you know what I mean.
But enough with my whinings. How are you doing so far? Is the game going the way you want it to?
I also see that our old couple 'cxx/kaz' are having a good time on your thread :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm glad we're here too. Minou would be joining me if she hadn't already fallen asleep (snoring like hell right now :sleep: ). Even though she's more used to it than me, the jet lag has also affected her. But I'm not complaining. Of course, it's hard work to work with well-known brands and many sponsors. An example... The other day I had already set up the decor and had the models rehearse when a guy came running up and said "wait wait wait, you're missing that in the landscape... I'm looking at him and says "Why the hell do we need a hardwood chair for a photo shoot on a beach in California??? "He said, 'I don't know dude, ask the big boss. With that, Ashley comes in, she looks at me and sees that I'm upset, so she says 'oh shit, I forgot to tell you about the chair, right ? :oops:
So you see, I needed a little break and the move of our daughters is more than welcome. Not to mention it's a little hard on Ashley's daughter. She just arrived from the States and left all her friends to move in with us and we are already gone for who knows how long. She currently lives with my daughters and the three of them get along very well, but... well, you know what I mean.
But enough with my whinings. How are you doing so far? Is the game going the way you want it to?
I also see that our old couple 'cxx/kaz' are having a good time on your thread :D
Great to hear all the news. the game is coming along well. It's like pulling teeth to work with agents and musicians to get Music Licenses though. Slowly but surely it is comming together.

The game I wrote for another Dev Should be hitting Steam this month (July) some time. He only has a few renders left to do on it. But I can't say too much more about it than that because this project was kept secret from his fan base and he hasn't announced it to them yet. But As soon as it is anounced I will post a comment about it on here as well. It is a set of 3 completed short games, and I believe that one will be able to be tested for free and the others bought for 2 dollars each or the whole bundel for 3 dollars, but that may change. nothing is set in stone yet.

As for UC8, I have more than doubled the content of the original teaser that I had tested. It's beginning to look like it is going to be a rather substantial opening episode. I currently have about 5000 lines of code and that is with les than half of the renders and about 3 days worth of scenes yet to write to get the story up to the point of the Day before his First day running the UC8. Chapter 2 will start on the morning of his first day.

So Chapter 1, the first release looks like it will be between 8000 and 12000 lines, and hopefully contain about an hour of game play.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Great to hear all the news. the game is coming along well. It's like pulling teeth to work with agents and musicians to get Music Licenses though. Slowly but surely it is comming together.

The game I wrote for another Dev Should be hitting Steam this month (July) some time. He only has a few renders left to do on it. But I can't say too much more about it than that because this project was kept secret from his fan base and he hasn't announced it to them yet. But As soon as it is anounced I will post a comment about it on here as well. It is a set of 3 completed short games, and I believe that one will be able to be tested for free and the others bought for 2 dollars each or the whole bundel for 3 dollars, but that may change. nothing is set in stone yet.

As for UC8, I have more than doubled the content of the original teaser that I had tested. It's beginning to look like it is going to be a rather substantial opening episode. I currently have about 5000 lines of code and that is with les than half of the renders and about 3 days worth of scenes yet to write to get the story up to the point of the Day before his First day running the UC8. Chapter 2 will start on the morning of his first day.

So Chapter 1, the first release looks like it will be between 8000 and 12000 lines, and hopefully contain about an hour of game play.
Hi guys. Hi Grif1001. Minou is here, but well... no need to hide it any longer since my name is no longer a secret thanks to my beloved man. Either way, there are plenty of Ashleys in this world.
Hi Kaz! What do you think? What would be the best way to punish this sprite? The others can give me some advices too, I'm all ears!
Grif... I talked to Brout about donating for your game but he doesn't like the idea of subscribing on patreon. He had issues with them in the past and banned this platform from his life. So if you ever sign up for another, let us know. Good work needs fuel, right?
I'm glad your game and work are progressing and I'm sure we'll all enjoy playing them both. When it comes to music licensing and all kinds of labeled contracts, I know very well the difficulties and inconveniences that come with that, and sometimes you have to agree to things that don't even make sense, like the chair on the beach, for eg. Well, if I'm being honest, it was pretty funny seeing Brout struggling with that chair. All the girls and me of course, had a hard time containing our giggles. OMG...that was epic.
Ok, time to go see ours little (not so little anymore) and dear daughters
Take a care you all
Ash

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hi guys. Hi Grif1001. Minou is here, but well... no need to hide it any longer since my name is no longer a secret thanks to my beloved man. Either way, there are plenty of Ashleys in this world.
I was wondering about that, but I didn't want to point it out in case he was talking about someone else.

Nice to meet you ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi Kaz! What do you think? What would be the best way to punish this sprite? The others can give me some advices too, I'm all ears!
Take a care you all
Ash
OH my God , thank you very much for posting again , you said ( there are plenty of Ashleys in this world ) BUT YOU ARE THE BEST OF THEM for me.
My best wishes to you and your 3 Lovely daughters who think that I and Brout are school kids:ROFLMAO: Yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I was wondering about that, but I didn't want to point it out in case he was talking about someone else.

Nice to meet you ^_^

:giggle: No, I can assure you that I'm the same person, so you can call me Minou or Ash if you want, I don't mind
OH my God , thank you very much for posting again , you said ( there are plenty of Ashleys in this world ) BUT YOU ARE THE BEST OF THEM for me.
My best wishes to you and your 3 Lovely daughters who think that I and Brout are school kids:ROFLMAO: Yet.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Glad to see you honey, that's really nice of you to say that. The best of them? I don't know about that, but I'm me and no one else. :p
As for the trainer, I also think that she will participate in the punishment, but not in the clinch. Last time he won by cheating... He tickled her and she is extremely sensitive so she is very hesitant to confront him. But don't worry, I have a plan. Remember the last time I made him pay with the girls? Today I am a slaver and he will be our slave :devilish:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Glad to see you honey, that's really nice of you to say that. The best of them? I don't know about that, but I'm me and no one else. :p
As for the trainer, I also think that she will participate in the punishment, but not in the clinch. Last time he won by cheating... He tickled her and she is extremely sensitive so she is very hesitant to confront him. But don't worry, I have a plan. Remember the last time I made him pay with the girls? Today I am a slaver and he will be our slave :devilish:
OK , but tell me in details then
маша-хлопает.gif
my net will be finished soon on the beach so do not go away fast

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Grif... I talked to Brout about donating for your game but he doesn't like the idea of subscribing on patreon. He had issues with them in the past and banned this platform from his life. So if you ever sign up for another, let us know. Good work needs fuel, right?
I'm glad your game and work are progressing and I'm sure we'll all enjoy playing them both. When it comes to music licensing and all kinds of labeled contracts, I know very well the difficulties and inconveniences that come with that, and sometimes you have to agree to things that don't even make sense, like the chair on the beach, for eg. Well, if I'm being honest, it was pretty funny seeing Brout struggling with that chair. All the girls and me of course, had a hard time containing our giggles. OMG...that was epic.
Ok, time to go see ours little (not so little anymore) and dear daughters
Take a care you all
Ash
Hey Ash!
I have been thinking about joining SubscribeStar. I tried actually, but I guess I have to have released the first episode of my game or build my own website first because they said I didn't have enough of a presence yet to join them.

all the talk of nets on the beach and mermaids has me singing that old Train song...you know, Mermaid...

"Beauty in the water, angel on the beach
Ocean's daughter, I thought love was out of reach
'Til I got her, had I known it could come true
I would have wished in '92, for a mermaid just like you."

Not sure If I can work a Mermaid into UC8... Maybe on a movie Poster in the lobby... ;)

• Haha

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hey Ash!
I have been thinking about joining SubscribeStar. I tried actually, but I guess I have to have released the first episode of my game or build my own website first because they said I didn't have enough of a presence yet to join them.

all the talk of nets on the beach and mermaids has me singing that old Train song...you know, Mermaid...

Not sure If I can work a Mermaid into UC8... Maybe on a movie Poster in the lobby... ;)
Or a hood ornament on the MC's car? How many scenes has it (the front of the car) been in so far?

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So, I know that in the Game threads you can post polls, but I'm guessing that isn't a thing in a development thread, either that or I just don't know how to do it. Which could very well be the case. Either way, I'm just going to post it here and ask for feedback.

One of the Businesses in The Grove (The Shops at University Grove), the Outdoor Shopping Mall that UC8 is located in, is a Night Club called The Aura. Aside from it being a place where college students and theater employees like to hang out after the movies end, I also put it there in the hopes that if I am able to work out getting any crossovers and feature other Dev's characters in UC8, the Aura would be a place that could possibly showcase either Lexi(LOF) or DJ Kink(Artemis). However I am thinking that until that happens, the Aura might need it's own house DJ. If I did give the Aura it's own DJ, should it be a male or a female? if it was a female, should she be a potential LI, or would that feel too much like Artemis?

As for the name, I have already decided on DJ Kozplahy for their stage name.

I have a render cooking at the moment as a posability of what they would look like as a female DJ. Will post it shortly... Hit me with the feedback!

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Or a hood ornament on the MC's car? How many scenes has it (the front of the car) been in so far?
Well now, you don't ask for much, lol. I would have to find someone experianced with Zbrush and blender and have a hood orniment like that custom made! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Hey there

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
As for the name, I have already decided on DJ Kozplahy for their stage name.

I have a render cooking at the moment as a posability of what they would look like as a female DJ. Will post it shortly... Hit me with the feedback!
Here's the Render...

1688354980961.png

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
You realize you're setting yourself up for the character to be wearing a different "recognizable" outfit every time they're on stage, right?

(Edit: Actually, would kinda be fun if every time there was a new movie poster, the DJ was wearing an outfit worn by one of the characters on that poster, which would mean you already had the outfit, so it wouldn't be as taxing ...)

I don't think you have to worry about comparing this character to Kink, unless you're going to make it an "inner circle" character. I think as long as it's a she/they(optional) and is an optional LI, comparisons to Artemis should be minimal.

ESPECIALLY if they change their outfit every time they show up.

(If you make it a male DJ, I don't think you have to worry about any of that ... although they would make a good "safe" friend character I suppose. If they aren't safe, prepare for the hounds!)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
You realize you're setting yourself up for the character to be wearing a different "recognizable" outfit every time they're on stage, right?

(Edit: Actually, would kinda be fun if every time there was a new movie poster, the DJ was wearing an outfit worn by one of the characters on that poster, which would mean you already had the outfit, so it wouldn't be as taxing ...)

I don't think you have to worry about comparing this character to Kink, unless you're going to make it an "inner circle" character. I think as long as it's a she/they(optional) and is an optional LI, comparisons to Artemis should be minimal.

ESPECIALLY if they change their outfit every time they show up.

(If you make it a male DJ, I don't think you have to worry about any of that ... although they would make a good "safe" friend character I suppose. If they aren't safe, prepare for the hounds!)
Yeah, I'm only planing on having maybe 4 or 5 instances of them being on stage, but was thinking that maybe they take a second job at the Theater or one of the other shops because they need more money than just doing Thursdays and Fridays at the club. (Saturdays and Sundays The Aura books touring artists, Monday is open mic night, and Tuesday and Wednesday nights are Karaoke.) Which is how the MC meets her and she becomes an LI or even just a fun side girl.

So I think I can handle 4 or 5 different costumes for her...

I could Put her in the "Holler" mask around Halloween!"

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
One of the Businesses in The Grove.

If I did give the Aura it's own DJ, should it be a male or a female? if it was a female, should she be a potential LI, or would that feel too much like Artemis?
Angel Grove?

not played artemis so doesn't matter to me much.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hey Ash!

Not sure If I can work a Mermaid into UC8... Maybe on a movie Poster in the lobby...
Hey Grif! I have a good news :)
You know what they say about women.... Women always win, right? Well, it's still true. I managed to convince my bear, and you have a new subscriber. I think you will recognize who it is. ;)
Yes, I know this song well because I know a bear who kept courting me long after I fell in love with him. Cheesy I know :LOL:
Integrating a siren into UC8? It would take a lot of imagination to tie it all together in one story but... With a bit of madness, who knows?

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Hey Grif! I have a good news :)
You know what they say about women.... Women always win, right? Well, it's still true. I managed to convince my bear, and you have a new subscriber. I think you will recognize who it is. ;)
Yes, I know this song well because I know a bear who kept courting me long after I fell in love with him. Cheesy I know :LOL:
Integrating a siren into UC8? It would take a lot of imagination to tie it all together in one story but... With a bit of madness, who knows?
Maybe a Mermaid Poster on Kinley's wall...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So, I reworked Kinley, Kayla's little sister. I think she looks much better now. What do you guys think? I also put her in a fun, custom designed, mermaid themed pajama set in honor of our own little mermaid, Minou. Let me know your thoughts. Kinley's original look can be found on page one of the thread for comparison.

kinley new1.jpg

kinley new.jpg

Also threw in some familiar looking slippers.

Last edited: