VN Ren'Py UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

KrusherKev

Aug 23, 2022
Saw the good reviews and was seriously thinking about trying this, but then saw where a restart is required so that is a bad sign for the future and I must skip this game.
Developer's first attempt at creating a game.....he probably learned a few things between first episode release and the second episode release.....worth a try......your loss otherwise because the foundation is there for a really good game (powerful too) :)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Saw the good reviews and was seriously thinking about trying this, but then saw where a restart is required so that is a bad sign for the future and I must skip this game.
Your loss then. it's an awesome game. Btw restart is not required, just recommended by Sancho. I could load my save w/o any issues.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I understand and I was hesitant to do that for this very reason, because of how it might look to some.
My first release had some minor issues here and there and was missing one variable from the prologue that could have been fixed with a question at the first of the new release asking "In the prior game did you choose to do X?" However my testers all agreed that it would be best, since this was only the second release, to go ahead and do a complete fix and put the variable in instead of resolving it with a question. If you are a first time player this shouldn't effect you at all.
I started in this industry as a writer for other games. I then moved into learning Daz, and I am still learning to code. I am receiving tutelage and help from a few other game developers to help me to continually improve. The Coder Probably feels like I keep him on speed dial. Royal Candy is always there to help me when I hit a road block. And Sancho has been invaluable in his knowledge and patience while helping me with the coding. I am so blessed to have him in my corner backing me up!

If you are looking for a game that is completely perfect across the board and never has a single glitch, well, I would say stick with Xbox or PlayStation, but even still some of them have glitches from time to time...

If you want a mindless wank-fest, then yeah, this isn't for you.

But, if you're looking a story centric AVN with characters that are both funny and endearing as well as writing that you can really get drawn into... go ahead check out UC8.

As for the coding issues. I will only get better!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Your loss then. it's an awesome game. Btw restart is not required, just recommended by Sancho. I could load my save w/o any issues.
The reason a restart is needed is because there's a variable missing from the start of the game that -- if it should have been acquired -- will cause you to miss content by it not being there for you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games] - Compressed

Win/Linux [650 MB]
- - - -

Mac [636 MB]
- - - -

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
The reason a restart is needed is because there's a variable missing from the start of the game that -- if it should have been acquired -- will cause you to miss content by it not being there for you.

I didn't look into the specifics much actually... I started from the the beginning anyway, just loaded my old save out of curiosity to see if it works so of curse some stuff could be borked, but the update didn't completely broke the saves thankfully.

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
Im sorry but did I miss something? why does the MC randomly just turn into a massive piece of shit when we get to the part with poppy?

like all of a sudden he just sounds like a massive dickhead when talking to a homeless orphan

KrusherKev

Aug 23, 2022
Im sorry but did I miss something? why does the MC randomly just turn into a massive piece of shit when we get to the part with poppy?

like all of a sudden he just sounds like a massive dickhead when talking to a homeless orphan
Give it a little bit of time for that to develop.....don't forget that MC knows she will be his employee very shortly, but she does not know he will be her boss.....maybe.....just maybe he's being an ass right now to protect her and kinda be sure she is in a better spot tomorrow than she is today (basically homeless)

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I understand and I was hesitant to do that for this very reason, because of how it might look to some.
My first release had some minor issues here and there and was missing one variable from the prologue that could have been fixed with a question at the first of the new release asking "In the prior game did you choose to do X?" However my testers all agreed that it would be best, since this was only the second release, to go ahead and do a complete fix and put the variable in instead of resolving it with a question. If you are a first time player this shouldn't effect you at all.
I started in this industry as a writer for other games. I then moved into learning Daz, and I am still learning to code. I am receiving tutelage and help from a few other game developers to help me to continually improve. The Coder Probably feels like I keep him on speed dial. Royal Candy is always there to help me when I hit a road block. And Sancho has been invaluable in his knowledge and patience while helping me with the coding. I am so blessed to have him in my corner backing me up!

If you are looking for a game that is completely perfect across the board and never has a single glitch, well, I would say stick with Xbox or PlayStation, but even still some of them have glitches from time to time...

But, if you're looking a story centric AVN with characters that are both funny and endearing as well as writing that you can really get drawn into... go ahead check out UC8.

I'm so happy to see the update, but don't fall into the same trap I did! It seems like every few months I get somewhat better at Daz and decide to scrap all my previous renders because they look like they were done by a kindergartener compared to whatever I am producing this week. Since I only plan to release the game when it is done what we started in 2022 probably won't be seen at all until sometime next year. Apply lessons as you learn them but don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Give it a little bit of time for that to develop.....don't forget that MC knows she will be his employee very shortly, but she does not know he will be her boss.....maybe.....just maybe he's being an ass right now to protect her and kinda be sure she is in a better spot tomorrow than she is today (basically homeless)

Reactions: KrusherKev

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm so happy to see the update, but don't fall into the same trap I did! It seems like every few months I get somewhat better at Daz and decide to scrap all my previous renders because they look like they were done by a kindergartener compared to whatever I am producing this week. Since I only plan to release the game when it is done what we started in 2022 probably won't be seen at all until sometime next year. Apply lessons as you learn them but don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Completely valid points, but the required restart was because of a coding error in the prologue that would cause problems going forward if ignored. Also, his beta-testers convinced him that this early in the game's development it was better to require a restart than just a hand-wave fix.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022

giphy (4).gif

Reactions: MaxKane911

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Putting a hit out on the ex - wife is crazy work I'm the shocked that's a option
Some things people can do to you merit employing the services of a human disposal professional. Refusing to inform someone that they have a child who is alone in the world and suffering in abject poverty is probably on that list somewhere. She is pretty vile even by ex-wife standards.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Grif1001 Just a heads up but there are 4 shots that net more than a bullseye. When there's only 1 shot that can win the game for you it's not a bullseye(50 points) but triple 20. Triple 17, 18 and 19 all score higher than a bullseye too.

Reactions: Grif1001
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes