VN Ren'Py UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
What was yours? And... who the heck isn't a fan of LoF seriously?

Yeah drift! Seriously what is this mess, huh?

No, I think he's right in a way. It's quite confusing to see no reaction from Kinley or Jason. In a way, I was expecting something like Major Payne's bedtime sequence, you know.

Kinley HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:
Kaya HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:
Tink MHOUHAHAHAHAHA :devilish:
Jason HOOOOOOOOO shit..... What did I do :(
still didnt play the end of Lof ,cece wasnt my choice,so i dont want to cry ,,,went i need to let her down....pfff seems i willl never finish the game....

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
The one I got approval for today is one where I was actually writing a scene and was thinking "I need a character just like this one for this role" so I decided "Why not just ask to use that one. it's a small part."

The other that I am actively seeking is during another flashback I thought it would be neat to have some specific characters from a game I have not done anything with yet, in the back ground during the flashback. the flashback will occur either way.

I do understand your point of view and will endeavor to make any cameo's fit the story without just being a glaring interruption.
asking this bcs well we both are fans of that harem game......do you have any kind of contact with BD about some cameo from...that game? is in your plans ...if not for this for the next one?

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
still didnt play the end of Lof ,cece wasnt my choice,so i dont want to cry ,,,went i need to let her down....pfff seems i willl never finish the game....
You should, but I admit that it's a very emotional game. There is no bad ending in the end. It's just a f****** roller coaster from the start to the end, no matter which route you choose.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I think Kinley will be fine.

Since she lacks life experience, she won't be able to comprehend how brutal it really was for Tink.

When children hear about something through stories, it's not nearly as bad as when they see it on TV.

When I think back to my childhood, we were read fairy tales that were often very brutal. But we didn't suffer any trauma from that.
I don't know about the trauma, but even though I wasn't allowed to watch the evening movie, later I was always drawn to Sci fy horror films when I was a teenager and even now. So when I got custody of my two daughters, I didn't have that old-fashioned way of looking at things.
I had seen this film for the first time when I was a teenager, and I was always waiting for the continuation of the saga, and one day the first one was shown on TV one weekend. I hadn't watched the TV program, and was getting ready to spend a TV/pizza evening with my two kids, because it was a sort of rite for the Weekend.
I'll skip over the details but they ended up convincing me to watch Alien, the first part. They were only 8 and 11 years old at the time. I remember the first time when I went to see it in the cinema, I almost shit myself. In short, they spent the entire film clinging to me, screaming like bats, but the next day, they absolutely wanted to see the rest of the saga.
Rest assured, they are in very good mental health now. No trauma to report, and they're looking at much worse things today.
The most shocked of all are the adults most of the time. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
What was yours? And... who the heck isn't a fan of LoF seriously?

Yeah drift! Seriously what is this mess, huh?

No, I think he's right in a way. It's quite confusing to see no reaction from Kinley or Jason. In a way, I was expecting something like Major Payne's bedtime sequence, you know.

Kinley HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:
Kaya HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:
Tink MHOUHAHAHAHAHA :devilish:
Jason HOOOOOOOOO shit..... What did I do :(
my first was Lexi, of course :D I see Cece more of a co-protagonist as she has too many 4th wall breaking stuff :)

And for any who were wondering, Yes, that was actually me singing Kinley's "Princesses" song.
I would have bet my left nut it was you :D

Do you have a preference on cameos? I don't intend to make any of them over the top or where they just feel out of place...
many would work.
characters from Intertwined could work, as Valeria already has a cameo in U4IA which makes it the same universe as LoF.
Chasing Sunsets and Unbroken too.
Bare Witness could work
your MC, with all the money he got recently, could probably send a donation to the Friends in Need charity for a tax write off maybe too :)

Reactions: Grif1001

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I don't know about the trauma, but even though I wasn't allowed to watch the evening movie, later I was always drawn to Sci fy horror films when I was a teenager and even now. So when I got custody of my two daughters, I didn't have that old-fashioned way of looking at things.
I had seen this film for the first time when I was a teenager, and I was always waiting for the continuation of the saga, and one day the first one was shown on TV one weekend. I hadn't watched the TV program, and was getting ready to spend a TV/pizza evening with my two kids, because it was a sort of rite for the Weekend.
I'll skip over the details but they ended up convincing me to watch Alien, the first part. They were only 8 and 11 years old at the time. I remember the first time when I went to see it in the cinema, I almost shit myself. In short, they spent the entire film clinging to me, screaming like bats, but the next day, they absolutely wanted to see the rest of the saga.
Rest assured, they are in very good mental health now. No trauma to report, and they're looking at much worse things today.
The most shocked of all are the adults most of the time. :D
having a screen helps to create a degree of separation, add to that the fact that it is fiction, and the young minds can easily deal with it if you prepare them for it.
but the first hand retelling of a real life story might have a different effect. the difference in how it is handled by a young mind is hard to tell though.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Speaking of all the cameos, I just did a replay and catch-up of another VN that borked my saves by changing RenPy horses as of its seventh release/sixth chapter (y'all probably know which one) that has a couple of Lexi cameos, and in that one, what someone noted is Griff's "first" play through is that VNs version of canon for LoF: there was a newspaper headline that Lexi was engaged. Though, I think the CeCe ending might be Drifty's "canon" ending - not sure I tried to find out or really looked.

I really enjoy seeing these cameos and connections (how I got to the one I just noted as it was cameo'd in another VN) as it provides me with some degree of confidence that I'll probably enjoy the VN referenced by the cameo if I enjoy the VN where the cameo appears. While it hasn't been "100%", it's been pretty close. Of course, sometimes the cameo's are harder to notice if I don't already know the other VN - that's one of the more useful things about this place is that someone will always call them out and I can go exploring.

Can't wait to see who we meet next here. :D

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
asking this bcs well we both are fans of that harem game......do you have any kind of contact with BD about some cameo from...that game? is in your plans ...if not for this for the next one?
I am very hesitant to reach out to him due to his tendency to be, well, the way he sometimes is with avoiding communication and with as gaurded as he is with not accepting help. I'm not sure he would consider allowing a cameo even if he aproved every word just because he is so guarded with his characters. I did consider it, however with him having issues at the moment and being so far behind on deadlines, I don't think it is a good idea to entertain that currently. Let's wait and see how he's doing a couple of episodes from now and revisit the idea then... Maybe after the semester starts and Kayla is at University of Renwick, and there's a basketball game... Maybe she gets invited to go with a friend... Kind of weird that one of their players has a big black box for a head, but hey, who knows... ;) :sneaky: :LOL:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
... The most shocked of all are the adults most of the time. :D
A slight tangent, but similar note, my grandparents took me to see "A Chorus Line" on Broadway. When I was 12. Which was the early 80s.

Needless to say, I enjoyed the experience much more than they did ... although I believe they did enjoy the play overall.

Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
3-But I'm curious now. What exactly is this strange word you made up? :unsure:
I would try to explain to people who asked why LoF needed a music restoration version, and I started calling it the musicopolypse -- in my head I started with music apocalypse. Some people told me it wasn't a word, and I think my first replies were along the lines of "neither is gamergate" or something like that.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Guys... It's a sad day at home.
While I was revamping my gaming/personal PC with freshly installed new hardware, I had to temporarily transfer numerous partitions to clean up my SSDs. No more space on the back-up disks so I proceeded without thinking further than the space available on old disks. A particular old HDD on my server which only served me for temporary transfers. Select > cut > paste through my AV in full Warrior mode to avoid unpleasant surprises. 1 TB of data, all games under development or not yet played plus a large number of personal media being transferred, I go for an errand because I tell myself that it "should" take a good while. While I'm chatting with the cashier about the weather and her pretty shapes, I get a fire alarm on my smartphone. :eek:, Hu-ho, I go home like a madman and.... the whole server rack is busy soak in a pool of fire-retardant foam. Not only did I lose all the data during the transfer, but the damn HDD almost set the house on fire. The damn disk almost melted before it set off the fire alarm. I don't even know what I can save from this mess and I have to rely on my smartphone to be able to connect to the web.
I HAVE MY BALLS IN MY THROAT!
RIP my lost files :cry:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
While I was revamping my gaming/personal PC with freshly installed new hardware, I had to temporarily transfer numerous partitions to clean up my SSDs. No more space on the back-up disks so I proceeded without thinking further than the space available on old disks. A particular old HDD on my server which only served me for temporary transfers. Select > cut > paste through my AV in full Warrior mode to avoid unpleasant surprises. 1 TB of data, all games under development or not yet played plus a large number of personal media being transferred, I go for an errand because I tell myself that it "should" take a good while. While I'm chatting with the cashier about the weather and her pretty shapes, I get a fire alarm on my smartphone. :eek:, Hu-ho, I go home like a madman and.... the whole server rack is busy soak in a pool of fire-retardant foam. Not only did I lose all the data during the transfer, but the damn HDD almost set the house on fire. The damn disk almost melted before it set off the fire alarm. I don't even know what I can save from this mess and I have to rely on my smartphone to be able to connect to the web.
:oops:o_O:cry:*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
tedlassogifs-roy-kent.gif

Last edited:

Alphonsocat

Apr 20, 2023
THERE WILL BE NO LOLI CONTENT. DON'T ASK OR COMPLAIN.

if you tell people to go fuck themselves, they might actually do it eventually. then the Dev is gonna have to ask himself if he wants to be decent or get paid.

• Sad
Reactions: shamtiiomi
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes