VN Ren'Py UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Bollagus

Nov 9, 2019
I assume the patch you are talking about is an icst patch? I'm dying to write something, but it's not my place to do so, especially since Grif1001 and others as modders have already given their opinion on this matter. There aren't many pages in this thread yet and you could definitely do with some reading, imho.
I know, read it all, but haven't played through it yet, so I didn't know, as Grif1001 points out, that there isn't anything to patch yet. ;)

Reactions: Grif1001

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
This is completely different (in a good way) than what that synopsis had me thinking this was gonna be. Loving it so far and cool to see the Lexiverse expanding.
pretty sure Griff is a big fan of LoF and chose Lexi in his first playthrough :D

Honestly, this is more on Jason and his inexperiance as a parent if anything. Tink actually asked if she could or should tell them and he, thinking more about how he didn't want to keep secrets from them, tolld her to go ahead...

It's funny how some people complain that he instantly knows how to be a great parent, and others complain when he screws up, lol.

Heres a short note on what it's like to be a parent, for those who aren't...

:eek:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH Why oh God, Why?!! :cry: :cry:

You have now been warned. You're welcome.
shielding violence from kids is common sense, but we can say that MC and Tink have a warped common sense when it comes to violence given their former career.
also, maybe MC didn't anticipate that Tink would go in so much detail at first when he allowed her to tell the story, while not wanting to have secrets from his girls, but he could still ask her to turn it down a notch.
Kinley didn't react to the violence during the story anyway, so MC probably didn't think about it. he probably would have taken step to prevent further trauma if Kinley showed any reaction.
and violence is everywhere in media anyway, kids nowadays are exposed to it on a daily basis. most are quite a bit desensitized to it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
There's really nothing to patch yet... Once the paternity question comes up and there becomes 2 paths, one [daughter no sex] and one [not daughter + sex], I'm sure the ipatch will come out in hours, lol
max 1 hr if patcher is online when that update comes.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
This is completely different (in a good way) than what that synopsis had me thinking this was gonna be. Loving it so far and cool to see the Lexiverse expanding.
Got the ok from Drifty for the Lexi include back before the prologue came out. Got the ok from digi.B for the DJ KinK include in this episode, and just today I got approval for a full on cameo for a character from another game for the next episode!

Still have a few more out there that I am reaching out to for cameos in future updates too.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
hope it isn't cece or kaz will jump around the house with his tongue out.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Got the ok from Drifty for the Lexi include back before the prologue came out. Got the ok from digi.B for the DJ KinK include in this episode, and just today I got approval for a full on cameo for a character from another game for the next episode!

Still have a few more out there that I am reaching out to for cameos in future updates too.
Are constant cameo's going to be a thing?

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
pretty sure Griff is a big fan of LoF and chose Lexi in his first playthrough :D
What was yours? And... who the heck isn't a fan of LoF seriously?

shielding violence from kids is common sense, but we can say that MC and Tink have a warped common sense when it comes to violence given their former career.
also, maybe MC didn't anticipate that Tink would go in so much detail at first when he allowed her to tell the story, while not wanting to have secrets from his girls, but he could still ask her to turn it down a notch.
Kinley didn't react to the violence during the story anyway, so MC probably didn't think about it. he probably would have taken step to prevent further trauma if Kinley showed any reaction.
and violence is everywhere in media anyway, kids nowadays are exposed to it on a daily basis. most are quite a bit desensitized to it.
Yeah drift! Seriously what is this mess, huh?

No, I think he's right in a way. It's quite confusing to see no reaction from Kinley or Jason. In a way, I was expecting something like Major Payne's bedtime sequence, you know.

Kinley HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:
Kaya HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:
Tink MHOUHAHAHAHAHA :devilish:
Jason HOOOOOOOOO shit..... What did I do :(

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
What was yours? And... who the heck isn't a fan of LoF seriously?

Yeah drift! Seriously what is this mess, huh?

No, I think he's right in a way. It's quite confusing to see no reaction from Kinley or Jason. In a way, I was expecting something like Major Payne's bedtime sequence, you know.

Kinley HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:
Kaya HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :eek:
Tink MHOUHAHAHAHAHA :devilish:
Jason HOOOOOOOOO shit..... What did I do :(
You also have to remember that the girls only heard her words. The images were for the player from Tink and Jason's distorted memories of a very traumatic event...

Reactions: Elhemeer

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Do you have a preference on cameos? I don't intend to make any of them over the top or where they just feel out of place...
I wasn't going to go into the why, however, as you have asked directly:

I strongly dislike them myself. Most of the time, too many pop culture references, film quotes, cultural ref's, cameo's seem forced and almost either seem shoehorned in or the scene/story was/is being written around those references/cameo's, not the other way around.

Frankly, I'm already sick of cameo's in VN's (especially from two popular VN's particularly).

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I wasn't going to go into the why, however, as you have asked directly:

I strongly dislike them myself. Most of the time, too many pop culture references, film quotes, cultural ref's, cameo's seem forced and almost either seem shoehorned in or the scene/story was/is being written around those references/cameo's, not the other way around.

Frankly, I'm already sick of cameo's in VN's (especially from two popular VN's particularly).
The one I got approval for today is one where I was actually writing a scene and was thinking "I need a character just like this one for this role" so I decided "Why not just ask to use that one. it's a small part."

The other that I am actively seeking is during another flashback I thought it would be neat to have some specific characters from a game I have not done anything with yet, in the back ground during the flashback. the flashback will occur either way.

I do understand your point of view and will endeavor to make any cameo's fit the story without just being a glaring interruption.

Salek

Game Developer
May 4, 2020

I think Kinley will be fine.

Since she lacks life experience, she won't be able to comprehend how brutal it really was for Tink.

When children hear about something through stories, it's not nearly as bad as when they see it on TV.

When I think back to my childhood, we were read fairy tales that were often very brutal. But we didn't suffer any trauma from that.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes