VN Ren'Py UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
It's the question any men would have after getting a divorce. I know I did, and if it wasn't for my daughters... :)
View attachment 3673477
Mec, t'étais là au début, tu devrais savoir pourquoi t'as plongé la bite la première :D
but seriously, usually, it's because it was a choice by default, no better choice, no choice at all, kind of like that. but MC obviously had options. he was and still is very popular with girls, there is no plausible for him to settle for Masie, with what we know. the most obvious and easy option would be Tink. He is literally the alpha of the pack.

• Haha
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
What the hell are you talking about?
Of course not, Us French are cavemen, why the heck would we celebrate Christmas? :mad:
There are plenty of other times when we can put little Jesus in the creche
:LOL:

Better Off Dead... ... Chrisss muss!

Reactions: ThorinKing

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
and currently, I can't imagine any good reason for MC to love and marry Masie with the little we know. so the choice to terminate her might have been too early. :D
Ok, this is about the 4th time someone has said something about the "Wack Masie" choice.

Have you ever been out with someone and you're hanging out having fun goofing around and you offer to do something that you have no intention of actually following through on, and you know the other person well enough to know that they know you wouldn't actyally do it, but it's therapudic to joke about... This is one of those times.

Tink really does have those contacts, but she knows Jason well enough to know that even though he would joke, he would never seriously follow through or want it done. If he is only going to have beer so that he wont get to drunk to drive so that he can keep himself safe to prevent the girls from losing him, he sure won't make himself party to conspiracy to commit murder.

This is two old friends joking about an ex. It is not a serious offer.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Mec, t'étais là au début, tu devrais savoir pourquoi t'as plongé la bite la première :D
but seriously, usually, it's because it was a choice by default, no better choice, no choice at all, kind of like that. but MC obviously had options. he was and still is very popular with girls, there is no plausible for him to settle for Masie, with what we know. the most obvious and easy option would be Tink. He is literally the alpha of the pack.
You know I'm just joking, right? :unsure:
I swear to to god that I didn't try to kill her. I only thought about it. Deeply :giggle:
Oh man, if it were that simple. I was soooo guillible. Of course, in hindsight, you can think of a lot of reasons for the choices you made, and the first mistake I think of is how men are easily manipulated through sex. And it's true that it was good... At least at the beginning. But the beginning is only the beginning, and it lasts until you realize your mistake, but by then, the dishes have already started flying against the walls and the children are already there. And children make you question a lot of things. Being an alpha, being popular does not prevent you from having a moment of weakness depending on the circumstances, and some women know how to play comedy very well. When I met her, she looked like an angel. But secrets don't stay hidden forever but you end up doing what seems reasonable when you have kids. You stay and you endure the blows, until your eldest comes to you and says: "Why do you stay together if it's to argue all the time?" And when you love your kids, it's hard to ask yourself the question: "why did I choose her of all the other girls?" Because it obviously calls into question the existence of the children you love. Popularity wasn't what I lacked, a leader I have always been - a kind of Papa wolf but without looking like Bob Parr from The Incredibles - But you want to know the better in all that? The best choice, I knew HER since long before my ex-wife. Not only that, but she is currently sitting in the living room with our daughters playing all together on the console.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HiP1 and Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
that's what I got when I saw it. but that new one feels too long, because we don't see the animation for the last few pieces that are offscreen

Poppy looks exactly like a younger Rachel from university of problems

I'm guessing we will see more flashbacks of Kayla's mother, and I hope even maybe some that covers MC's relationship with her.
but if there is really the paternity test choice to allow Kayla to become a main LI, I think it would cheapen the mother's character, because it would mean she either cheated on MC, or lied to her daughter about who her real father is twice (the husband and then MC).
and honestly, Kayla's trope is already pretty well covered by Tink.

and currently, I can't imagine any good reason for MC to love and marry Masie with the little we know. so the choice to terminate her might have been too early. :D
Read this and don't sweat the paternity issue, It's not a cheating thing, but it will have other ramifications on Kayla...
https://f95zone.to/threads/uc8-v0-2-0-4-dark-griffin-games.181500/post-12198561

There is tension brewing under Kayla's calm composure. When you're drowning in the middle of the ocean, you grab the first life line you're given. but once you're safely on the ship you might start to wonder about where you are, what's going on, and just who you are sailing with. Or even whether or not you were worth saving... Right now, Kayla is like a duck on a pond. on the surface everything looks fine and peacful, but underneath, those little feet are going a mile a minute.

The MC is soon to discover that being a parent isn't always as easy as it's been for him so far...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
It's the question any men would have after getting a divorce. I know I did, and if it wasn't for my daughters... :)
View attachment 3673477
Obviously things begin differently than they end, and we only know the end of that story. Honestly, It's not a story that I want to get into. I typically try to draw parts of what I write from my own life experiances and then highly embelish it. My son's mother and I had a great courtship and things were wonderful for a while... and time went by, things changed, and she had 13 extramarital relationships during our last year of marriage.
We divorced. I got custody of my son. and she got herself knocked up by some random guy and grew herself a new son and doesn't even bother to call my son on his birthday now (he just turned 17 a week ago).

I don't really want to relive that in my story, which is why I have only included as much about Masie as I have in UC8. We can assume though that at the beginning, Jason and Masie had a much better relationship.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I swear to to god that I didn't try to kill her. I only thought about it. Deeply :giggle:
Oh man, if it were that simple. I was soooo guillible. Of course, in hindsight, you can think of a lot of reasons for the choices you made, and the first mistake I think of is how men are easily manipulated through sex. And it's true that it was good... At least at the beginning. But the beginning is only the beginning, and it lasts until you realize your mistake, but by then, the dishes have already started flying against the walls and the children are already there. And children make you question a lot of things. Being an alpha, being popular does not prevent you from having a moment of weakness depending on the circumstances, and some women know how to play comedy very well. When I met her, she looked like an angel. But secrets don't stay hidden forever but you end up doing what seems reasonable when you have kids. You stay and you endure the blows, until your eldest comes to you and says: "Why do you stay together if it's to argue all the time?" And when you love your kids, it's hard to ask yourself the question: "why did I choose her of all the other girls?" Because it obviously calls into question the existence of the children you love. Popularity wasn't what I lacked, a leader I have always been - a kind of Papa wolf but without looking like Bob Parr from The Incredibles - But you want to know the better in all that? The best choice, I knew HER since long before my ex-wife. Not only that, but she is currently sitting in the living room with our daughters playing all together on the console.

You are awesome Broute! I'm so glad that you and Minou found each other!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Ok, this is about the 4th time someone has said something about the "Wack Masie" choice.

Have you ever been out with someone and you're hanging out having fun goofing around and you offer to do something that you have no intention of actually following through on, and you know the other person well enough to know that they know you wouldn't actyally do it, but it's therapudic to joke about... This is one of those times.

Tink really does have those contacts, but she knows Jason well enough to know that even though he would joke, he would never seriously follow through or want it done. If he is only going to have beer so that he wont get to drunk to drive so that he can keep himself safe to prevent the girls from losing him, he sure won't make himself party to conspiracy to commit murder.

Exactly. Seems we have some similar experiments in life
Better Off Dead... ... Chrisss muss!
Oh geez, not you too :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Grif1001

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023

I appreciate you taking the time to reply in depth.

don't worry, I got the joking part. what I meant was that those choices have consequences. they set variables, shape MC's character, and could come up later as jokes but taken seriously by others and bite MC's ass.
that's why knowing a bit more about the relationship with Masie could help the decisions. if you infuse your own experience/story into the game, then it's understandable that you might not want to revisit bad memories. But in the context of the story, it could be quick simple explanation like "at first it was great, I was happy, but she let herself go" or "I got drunk and married her on a whim in Las Vegas" MC being honorable tried to stick as long as possible, for example.

Read this and don't sweat the paternity issue, It's not a cheating thing, but it will have other ramifications on Kayla...
https://f95zone.to/threads/uc8-v0-2-0-4-dark-griffin-games.181500/post-12198561

There is tension brewing under Kayla's calm composure. When you're drowning in the middle of the ocean, you grab the first life line you're given. but once you're safely on the ship you might start to wonder about where you are, what's going on, and just who you are sailing with. Or even whether or not you were worth saving... Right now, Kayla is like a duck on a pond. on the surface everything looks fine and peacful, but underneath, those little feet are going a mile a minute.

The MC is soon to discover that being a parent isn't always as easy as it's been for him so far...
Thanks. we'll just have to be patient and discover what you cooked up :)

Kayla agreeing to leave with MC was understandable, but i was surprised that Kinley was also super easy to move. usually at that age, they want to stay with their friends, and they are resistant to change. she is clearly not shy, and she was not bullied, so she most likely had a least a few good friends.
MC clearly had an easy start as a dad :D

yeah, I completely get it. that's why I used those exact words in French as they pretty much sum up tons of failed early relationships :D
I personally left for the kids, instead of staying for them. my reasoning was that I'd prefer showing them a happy face, instead of a miserable face and shitty atmosphere. lead by example, in a way :)

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This was a great update. Setting up a lot of potentially interesting stories going forward. The introduction at the Cinema is really going to be something given the meetings that have already occurred. This is like an episode of Undercover Boss lol.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes