Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v3.0.7

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

For what compressor u want mass/bulk game compress feature?

• RPGM MV/MZ

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • HTML

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I want be able to bulk compress all engines (this is not planned since too hard to add)

• I want to compress all xp3 files in game folder (no u don't coz some games are encrypted)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I don't want this feature at all so don't waste ur time on it, just enjoy ur summer time :)

• I have potato PC

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I have average PC

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have fast PC

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I have super PC

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
It's another problem not that u mentioned at 1st. Now it's with "pack unpacked files and folder back to rpa". I would try to fix it when I'll have free time...
But that's problem how in tamas awakening

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
It just look the same (by result) but it caused by other feature.
I had a few minutes to check the problem and it caused by duplicate files and folder structure inside "game" folder and *.rpa files when using "pack unpacked files and folder back to rpa" feature. For example inside "The_Regional_Manager-0.0.72-pc\game" contains folder "images" and in "images.rpa" also contains same folder and this caused confict in UAGC and its needs to be fixed by me. Temporal fix is to move such folder that have same names as .rpa files before compression and bring 'em back after until I'll fix it.
Upd: fixed. If all OK would release fix in next 24h.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asenaris and "CJ"

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
I had a few minutes to check the problem and it caused by duplicate files and folder structure inside "game" folder and *.rpa files when using "pack unpacked files and folder back to rpa" feature. For example inside "The_Regional_Manager-0.0.72-pc\game" contains folder "images" and in "images.rpa" also contains same folder and this caused confict in UAGC and its needs to be fixed by me. Temporal fix is to move such folder that have same names as .rpa files before compression and bring 'em back after until I'll fix it.
Upd: fixed. If all OK would release fix in next 24h.
That's Nice,News Thanks

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
megalol For some reason, UAGC deleted the.rpa files instantly without extracting them when used for the game Project Atmosphere. I extracted the.rpas myself and then i was able to run uagc without issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asenaris

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
megalol For some reason, UAGC deleted the.rpa files instantly without repacking them when used for the game Project Atmosphere. I extracted the.rpas myself and then i was able to run uagc without issues.
Can u upload some (or at least 1) of the smallest rpa (but bigger 5Mb and not scripts) files from that game for analyzing?

Reactions: Asenaris and Cunt

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
Can u upload some (or at least 1) of the smallest rpa (but bigger 5Mb and not scripts) files from that game for analyzing?
I corrected my post. Yes, I'll upload in a few minutes some small rpas.

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
Ok, cool. Btw did u using latest (RC8) UAGC version?
Yes, I used the current v1.9 from OP.
There are 2 rpas. Take your time. I just wanted to know why it instantly deleted the .rpa files without extracting them.
When I click Check for Updates, UAGC tells me there is 2.0, but where:unsure:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Yes, I used the current v1.9 from OP.
There are 2 rpas. Take your time. I just wanted to know why it instantly deleted the .rpa files without extracting them.
When I click Check for Updates, UAGC tells me there is 2.0, but where:unsure:
I rly dunno - most likely there were some bugs (with Ren'Py v8 unpack) in older version that is fixed for now. U can download and try on UAGC 2.0 RC8 or better wait for RC9 where I would fix some bugs with rpa file repacking.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
UAGC v2.0 release candidate 9 (385 Mb):

For Ren'Py compressor fixed bug with rpa file repacking in some cases.
For repack maker added jpeg-xl as image compressor + fixed bug with bmp.
For custom engine compressor added compression to jpeg-xl, avif and AV1.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
UAGC v2.0 release candidate 9 (385 Mb):

For Ren'Py compressor fixed bug with rpa file repacking in some cases.
For repack maker added jpeg-xl as image compressor + fixed bug with bmp.
For custom engine compressor added compression to jpeg-xl, avif and AV1.
Thanks,For Update working fine,Problem Solved ;)

Reactions: megalol

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Okay, I'll wait then. Thank you for taking time to answer me.
Hi, I've released UAGC RC9 some time ago if u didn't saw it yet.
Btw regarding this game if u wanna get better compression for such games u can try to use UAGC repack maker (on game directory with unpacked resource files of course) - for example with such settings hhl.jpg and I didn't even unpacked/repacked "voice.ypf" file (because it has about 10k ogg files and for end user it would take a lot of time to install such repack) which would get repack size even smaller 1Gb.

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
Hi, I've released UAGC RC9 some time ago if u didn't saw it yet.
Btw regarding this game if u wanna get better compression for such games u can try to use UAGC repack maker (on game directory with unpacked resource files of course) - for example with such settings View attachment 2013302 and I didn't even unpacked/repacked "voice.ypf" file (because it has about 10k ogg files and for end user it would take a lot of time to install such repack) which would get repack size even smaller 1Gb.
Nice thank you. I'll try this next time. You are doing amazing work as always. (y)

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
I would like to know if it is possible in the future to limit the consumption of RAM in UAGC? I understand that the best decision to assemble a PC is better, but not fate, All hope is only for Megalol :(

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I would like to know if it is possible in the future to limit the consumption of RAM in UAGC? I understand that the best decision to assemble a PC is better, but not fate, All hope is only for Megalol :(
It's most likely ur CPU that can't handle UAGC and PC start to use more RAM making some sort of queue there.
But I can't help here until u tell me more info what process (images, video, audio compressing) u want to limit and even so I'm not sure if I could do anything. For audio compressing I've made a switch like min/max and some number between it. It should limit number of running compressing app instances at least I hope so since I'm not using it and always compress at max speed. So it's possible to make something like this for images (where no limit and new compressor app instances would be created as much as ur Windows/CPU allows so on very slow computers it could lead to possible crashes) but for now I don't have such plans coz it would be a lot of work. Maybe I'll do it for Ren'Py compressor but 1st u should tell me (coz it's kinda strange that u asking about RAM but not for CPU, anyway it's both depends on each other at compressing) why u need this and for what process and u should know that it most likely would slow down UAGC speed.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
It's most likely ur CPU that can't handle UAGC and PC start to use more RAM making some sort of queue there.
But I can't help here until u tell me more info what process (images, video, audio compressing) u want to limit and even so I'm not sure if I could do anything. For audio compressing I've made a switch like min/max and some number between it. It should limit number of running compressing app instances at least I hope so since I'm not using it and always compress at max speed. So it's possible to make something like this for images (where no limit and new compressor app instances would be created as much as ur Windows/CPU allows so on very slow computers it could lead to possible crashes) but for now I don't have such plans coz it would be a lot of work. Maybe I'll do it for Ren'Py compressor but 1st u should tell me (coz it's kinda strange that u asking about RAM but not for CPU, anyway it's both depends on each other at compressing) why u need this and for what process and u should know that it most likely would slow down UAGC speed.
Sometimes when i'm Compress Game uagc stucked my pc when him (Compress images) Use all Memory 100%,(i7 3770,8 GB Memory) I Understand that's can make slow down uagc speed,but waiting better than stucked pc.(Pingo and Nconvert) (Thanks Before for your reaction and the fact that you're wasting your time on me)

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
UAGC v2.0 release (391 Mb):

Added (experimental) Ren'Py repack maker. It compresses audio as usual (opus format) but with video and images it converts to AV1 (needs CPU with AVX support for it, for repack installing/unrep should not needed as far as I know) and to jpeg-xl or avif depending on your choice. It could be useful for big completed games if u want to save some space on HDD because repack should be about 30% smaller at the same quality as webp + VP9. But game size after installing would be much larger because it unpacks images and videos without any compression and make it very fast btw. AV1 videos converts to MPEG4 (DivX) format at repack installation because it's very fast (about 10x faster than VP9) with 10k/25k bitrate which depends mostly on original video format.
Why I made this since Ren'Py developer most likely would implement this (without needed to repack of course) till the end of the year (at least I hope so)? Because for old games that already released there wouldn't be any AV1/avif/jpeg-xl support (at least until somebody will manage to add it) and anyway when it would be out not all developers update their SDK and it'll take some time before they decide to do it (and somebody most likely prefer to stay at old versions).
For Ren'Py (image) compressor added (optional) libvips tool - slower that nconvert but should use a bit less RAM at least its developers say so ("fast image processing library with low memory needs").
Updated a lot of tools.
P.S. It's last version before v2.0 final and there are not planning any major changes in it - maybe I'll make "Save" button for Ren'Py compressor working for more switches as it was requested earlier.

Last edited:

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
Brilliant work Megalol! You are a hero till Renpy Tom gets JXL and AV1 in(which as you said finally looks like it's happening. A few things-for repacks I see no option to use libvips as I plugged in my own dlls for jxl dated 9/1(today) as nconvert is using jxl .61 and .8 alpha can be plugged into libvips. Is that libvips your using compiled on 8/28? so webp 1.2.4. etc? for those using jxl a quality setting of 91 is equal to Bt-lossless and for AV1 can cut video bit-rate about 25 percent from vp9 and get a VMAF score of 98 if I remember last time I tested it. so just to help people who want to basically archive games visually lossless could even go lower with video depending on if megalol is using SVT-AV1 or aom and last thing Mega whats the year old ffmpeg stack used for? I plug in a new build but curious-anyways awesome work!

edit: never mind missed the new last page with the renp'y repack maker-it's all there. Great Job!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes