fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
How robust is the character creation? Can I create a pretty fat girl or is she going to remain a stick figure no matter what "body" rating I choose?

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
is it only in my or there is only 1-2 min gameplay? Game is end after "cum on skirt"?
You can also stop your boss at the beginning. Then theres will be two new options, one of which can lead to threesome scene from one of screenshots (toilet rape). Otherwise, yes, game will end after scene either way.

P.S. Just in case somebody will play future versions (if there will be much of, which I doubt), toilet scene classified as Gave Over.

Reactions: DDragon

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm the author of the mentioned game.

First of all, thanks for all the feedback, including negative one as well. I always take all criticism to my heart and try to improve my projects.

But also let me say something in my (and our) defense.
Regarding Insexsity "rip-off" - Insexsity was one of our main inspirations and we never tried to hide it. I mentioned it few times when making posts on various forums and now added info about it to Patreon as well. Both games use same engine and tools, so of course you will have many similarities, since there's not much you can do about it. We didn't steal anything from anyone, all our assets are made from scratch (aside from game music which we bought). I wanted to make game in Insexsity style, just as people make Diablo-like, CoD-like and Souls-like games, but they aren't cloning them 1:1. As an example, you can check post-apo RPGs, like Dustwind, Wasteland 2, Atom RPG, Encased. These games are created in the same style, on the same engine, inspired by the same games, so they all look similar, but I assure you that they aren't the same in terms of gameplay and are quite different from each other. Personally, I love when people get inspired and make games in similar style, this way you can enjoy more similar games.

Our major objective is to put emphasis on choices, dialogues, freedom and replayability. In Insexsity you can unlock all scenes and events in one playthrough, and repeat them infinitely. In UotW most choices are permanent and lead you to different outcomes, so you have to start new game few times. Aside from similar style, our vision for a gameplay and finished project is totally different.

Regarding few comments here:
Dress up & take Shower was created with your flatmate in mind, because nobody would walk naked when other people are around, thus it sounds retarded in the demo and will be fixed in next update.
Bad background art is due to prototyping and lack of time. We all work after hours, and I started this project alone and created team very recently, so no worries, background art will improve over time.
Character art can't be improved much, because more detailed graphics will screw up animations and we don't want any artifacts, like deformed bodies.
Mirrored player's home is just a coincidence, really. I told my graphic guy that I need flat with beedroom, hall and bathroom and that's what I got. When you think about it, in how many ways can you set such flat in 2D game? It's basically room on left, room on right and exit on top. If I put all rooms on one wall, would it make more sense and less "bad rip-off" feeling to you?
Main character has almost no knowledge about sex, never seen a penis and is pretty dense, but I might overdid the rubbing scene a bit.
We never tried to make a realistic game and we like some humor in games, regardless of the genre.
Character creation supports switchable eyes, eyebrows, nose, lips, chin and haircuts. There are also 7 breast sizes and 7 body sizes, but you can't make girl too fat (it would screw animations).
Keep in mind that Insexsity is out for like 2 years already and they also started with barely any content and improved their graphics over time.

Hope that clears some stuff at least a bit.

EDIT: There's some bug with script execution order that can sometimes prevent players from moving and we are working on fixing it.

Jun 15, 2018
@UnawareWorld Ok I played through it here and I am not as harsh as others, I want to try and give you some more objective pros and cons. On top of this I completely understand it is a demo and so will change a lot so I think as a start you did pretty well don't be discouraged.

Pros
- Unique art that separates you from the other games assets and without going the pre-render 3d image route that many do. I believe that the customization and such is a good start and noticed you put a huge emphasis on this feature so I look forward to seeing what comes of it.
- Fluid animation for the most part, aside from a bit of clipping in places and the obvious disconnect from character models and these early background pictures I thought the movement was very well done. I actually did a double take (in a pleasant way) on the customize screen when I saw the hair flip around naturally when I turned the character (good touch there).
- Semi-solid if not cliche premise, the idea of a naive girl in a new town who gets corrupted and fucked lends to a lot of possibilities. It has a huge danger of leading to too many cliches and such but bring fun ideas into the mix, normal dangers in a new way, and don't rush things too hard and you should be good.

Cons
- Origins not fully explained at the beginning, maybe add an intro or a small summarized inner monologue to tell how she got into the situation she is in more easily. Though we know she is new in town, needs a job, somehow got an apartment, etc. This is where you get creative. Who is the roommate? What are her dreams and reasoning that led her here? If she is so naive what is the most she has ever encountered? (Since her level of naivety is so unbelievable it does sort of pull you out of it)
- Rushed encounters, I mean the walking in on her sure is a fine event. Though the second she gets out there he starts blatantly (not like lean over and point to something and "accidentally" rubs her or something) gropes her ass right away. Jerks himself right in back of her and covers her clothes. Gotta ease in and give some more nuance, he could for instance point out there are stains on her skirt and it gives him an excuse to rub or something along those lines.
- Backgrounds and world interactivity, the backgrounds are rough and need a bit of sprucing along with maybe a few more triggers to interact with things around her. Make it feel a bit more alive and you will be able to create simple interaction that differentiate you from just another cookie cutter "go here, do this, have sex" game.

Now pacing as I said was a con but of course there are ways to jump over them in less rough ways. Big example is the customers, I was thinking they can make all their lewd remarks and such but just grabbing and forcing her into the bathroom was a little strange. This scene could still happen if given better form, so for example they make some comments and such and order food. She gets back and if the right triggers in the conversation are done they can "accidentally" spill a drink or food onto her. This prompts her to either go to the bathroom and start cleaning at the sink in which case they can follow and be more discreet than just dragging her there. Alternatively she could ask the boss and go into the back to try and clean it and then he could take advantage. That or there should be a safe route that isn't completely obvious that will get her through her first day without losing her virginity hahaha. I even think adding a fun thing where someone walks into the bathroom after she is brought into the stall so there is a bit of tension both for her and for the perpetrators.

All in all I will keep an eye on the game and I really hope you stick with it and make it a unique and enjoyable experience. Keep up the work and always look for new ways to make your game reflect your vision and soon others will as well.

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
No problem of course to make something similar. Heck, the tools we're given to create a game is often a factor that many games look alike. Ren'py, RPGM, Daz, HoneySelect, etc, all end up like similar looking games.
Insexsity is a fairly unique one between all the Ren'py and RPGM games though, so it sticks out more if you go with that style.

Anyway, welcome to the forum @UnawareWorld , and good luck on the development!

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks for detailed response @worstnightmare1 I really appreciate it!

- Some explanation of the situation on game start has been already finished and will be added in the upcoming update.
- Rushed content is due to it being an early demo. We just wanted to show some possibilities, like in game demos when you usually have maxed out stats and some cut scene from mid-game.
We didn't want to show boring dialogues without any juicy actions, thus we skipped some of the content and allowed player to pick some choices despite not meeting the requirements. It's meant to be an RPG, so yeah, character have to "grow" first ;)
- Haha, I like the idea of "cleaning" her skirt. Thanks for the suggestion :) This scene was supposed to have rubbing with some pauses in-between. My bad.
- World will be populated with random NPCs, just as you can see with clients at the bar. They all will have something to say and some of them will have events, if requirements are met.
There will be day-night cycle of course, and both NPCs and events will depend on current time (you won't have same guys sitting there 24/7). World interaction will affect beds, toilets, phones, computers and few minor things that might trigger an event, like a locker.

P.S. There's already a scene in the demo when someone walks into the toilet and it's a chance for her to escape :p If she runs or makes a scene, everyone will see her naked body (leading to some events), but she will be saved. If she stays, well, everyone knows how it will end...

@Loqic Well, it can't be helped. Since I'm a Unity dev myself, I didn't see a point in switching and learning new engine (it would slow everything down) and there's not much we can do about similarities that people see at first glance. But give us few months and you will see that these 2 games are totally different in many ways :)

Cheers, guys!

Jun 15, 2018
@UnawareWorld I am glad that you are taking the criticism in stride, harness that and give us some good shit lol

Like I said just a little nuance, cleaning the shirt when it gets dirty gives a great and more realistic way for the guys to try to take advantage. It adds a lot to the scene when it doesn't feel as forced into a series of unlikely and strangely outlined events. I am really liking the idea of changing cycles and differing events and people dependent on the time. Also when I say don't rush I mean by all means, though yes most events that a naive and virgin girl would find herself in that leads to sex would have to either be forced or being oblivious (like drunk, knocked out, etc.). Either way it sounds like you are gaining a lot of input and it will help you make the game better over time.

P.S. There is? I might not have made the right choices I suppose >_<

Reactions: Mr. Unaware
Jun 15, 2018
@UnawareWorld Just wanted to know, you stated on your Patreon that you are going to have a more polished version of things Saturday? I am looking forward to trying it out and seeing how the input from everyone has translated into the game.

P.S. I just noticed, you keep calling the workplace a bar? That is most definitely a cafe so one thing I would say is either rework it to be more like a bar or just change your description to it being a cafe (which might make a little more sense since it is indeed a better place a naive girl would start).

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
@worstnightmare1 Yeah. Not that I can change a lot of stuff spending few hours a day at best + spreading the word, setting Discord and other stuff, and you know, pre-Christmas time is a real hell :p But still wanted to release something before the Christmas.

In short, that's what I already added:
Many small tweaks, like spelling errors, changes to dialogues and choices, small animation fixes etc.
Player can order food and drinks.
Player starts in bathroom.
Stat window.
Extended Kevin and Bald Guys routes a little bit with new sex scenes.
New facial modifications.
Few new clothes.
Message skip like in visual novels.
Semen stays on body until cleaned.
Semen bursting from vagina/mouth.

For EX version:
Dialogue choices that don't meet requirements are visible, but grayed out.
Stat boosting cheat.

If I'll have time on Saturday, I might add something more. Otherwise that's it, but I still need to do some testing.

To be honest, it was supposed to be something like an all-in-one diner, where you can eat burgers, drink alcohol, coffee etc. But I kept calling it Bar, since it's shorter this way. I'll probably just give it an original name in the future, instead of calling it bar/restaurant and so on.

EDIT: Btw. If you encounter any bugs, like animation clipping, then let me know, please. Testing everything alone is quite time consuming and it's more than likely that I'll overlook some stuff.

Reactions: worstnightmare1
Jun 15, 2018
@UnawareWorld You know this forum will point out bugs to you lol, honestly that is why games ending up here has been so useful for many developers. Good luck on getting that new release out and getting the word out about the game.

FYI "all-in-one diner" is literally what a cafe would represent XD

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
@worstnightmare1 I hope so, mate :D And thanks :)

/facepalm. I'm not a native english speaker, so fails happen here and there, but to me cafe was always something that servers non-alcohol drinks and cakes, and isn't open 24/7 :p

Jun 15, 2018
@worstnightmare1 I hope so, mate :D And thanks :)

/facepalm. I'm not a native english speaker, so fails happen here and there, but to me cafe was always something that servers non-alcohol drinks and cakes, and isn't open 24/7 :p
It is fair that if you aren't from the states cafe might not have those connotations. I know here it is fairly common to be able to order a beer with your meal at most cafes. Not a lot are open 24/7 but neither are most other places, especially not bars, we have specific times of the early morning hours where alcohol sales are illegal.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
@worstnightmare1 I see. Well, I don't want to set my game in any specific country or city, yet sticking to some USA rules and customs seems like a common sense. Anyway, I'll think renaming it over tomorrow. Time to sleep.

Thanks for feedback :)

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Better late than never. Just uploaded v0.02. Link is on Patreon.

3.70 star(s) 17 Votes