somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Please use your imagination, Developers can't add Incest related relations in the game because of patreon rules. That's why Developers made it so that Players can add relations according to their wishes.
Has nothing to do with imagination. The girl tells you her relation multiple times. Then you post known relation edit it. Instead, don't give the relation away, and then let the player state it. Also it would only matter if the girl and her "mother" have sex with each other.

I mean I find it funny to give every random female a relationship in the game, like the nurse is a nurse. Why couldn't I also give relationship to the guys?

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
The girl tells you her relation multiple times.
Also it would only matter if the girl and her "mother" have sex with each other.

I mean I find it funny to give every random female a relationship in the game, like the nurse is a nurse.
Why couldn't I also give relationship to the guys?
1- I forgot to change the mother into (Strict)Landlady. will do so in the next update.
2- It'll matter in the future.
3- Who said any girl is random?
4- How many guys have you interacted with so far in the game? (Because I haven't introduced any.)(When mc will have to interact you'll get the option to set relationship for them as well. )

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
playb0y44, at the beginning, you go to your room and see a woman on the bed. The game asks, "What is your relationship with her? (Default Wife)". FYI, worded this way, the sentence says that by default your relationship with the woman is that you are her wife. Since you're a male protagonist, the wording should be reversed: "What is her relationship to you? (Default = wife)". And, so, the next question should also be reversed: "What is your relationship to her? (Default = husband)".

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
playb0y44, at the beginning, you go to your room and see a woman on the bed. The game asks, "What is your relationship with her? (Default Wife)". FYI, worded this way, the sentence says that by default your relationship with the woman is that you are her wife. Since you're a male protagonist, the wording should be reversed: "What is her relationship to you? (Default = wife)". And, so, the next question should also be reversed: "What is your relationship to her? (Default = husband)".
Thank you for letting me know, will be updated in the next update.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
4- How many guys have you interacted with so far in the game? (Because I haven't introduced any.)(When mc will have to interact you'll get the option to set relationship for them as well. )
The 3 rapists, the bartender, the real estate salesman. He had as much interaction with them or more than the Boss.

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
The 3 rapists, the bartender, the real estate salesman. He had as much interaction with them or more than the Boss.
The 3 rapists? I thought they were 2 :LOL: - Anyway so you are saying he should have asked them there name and then thought of there relationship in such a situation? (I think such a situation would be so fast pace in real life for any of this to be thought about.)
As for real estate salesman even there mc had to left in a hurry.
anyway my bad please turn a blind eye to my mistakes. :cry:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Thank you for letting me know, will be updated in the next update.
Np. :) Also, just FYI, when the MC first brings Debra home, Madison has answered the door, and the MC chooses whether to check Madison out, the Unknown character says, "[fmrelation]], who is it?" I think the second closing bracket may be the problem, although I'm not all that familiar with Ren'Py and how it works.

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Np. :) Also, just FYI, when the MC first brings Debra home, Madison has answered the door, and the MC chooses whether to check Madison out, the Unknown character says, "[fmrelation]], who is it?" I think the second closing bracket may be the problem, although I'm not all that familiar with Ren'Py and how it works.
hehe, yes extra bracket was the problem.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The 3 rapists? I thought they were 2 :LOL: - Anyway so you are saying he should have asked them there name and then thought of there relationship in such a situation? (I think such a situation would be so fast pace in real life for any of this to be thought about.)
As for real estate salesman even there mc had to left in a hurry.
anyway my bad please turn a blind eye to my mistakes. :cry:
You are right, it was 2, I was adding their boss who was an off screen character as a 3rd. Had been a while since I played the previous version.

I have zero problem with you having the player name/give them relationships. The thing I wanted to point out (which I admittedly did a bad job), was that they were already telling the player their relationship/job then telling the player they can change them. Some seem weird that the player even has a say. The nurse, secretary and MC's boss are jobs which they are doing and their outfits or how they confront/talk to the MC shows it. For example the nurse is in a nurses outfit, maybe a candy striper, or his Boss can make him leave the premises and he has to worry about his secretary/co-worker being fired. These should be hard coded. While Names are fine to allow the player to change, as is his relationship to them or their to each other. Of course as long as they aren't pre-existingly told.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
I loved this update :love: I can't wait to see what will happen with the... "Childhood Friend" :sneaky:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The games need to have canon relationships and canon dialogues that work regardless of whatever the players choose to define as their peers <cousins, twice removed, ex GFs, childhood friends, enemies, nurses, mistresses, confidents, jerks, bufoons, you name it>.

Therefore the first sentence sets out the relationship status the script needs as a base line so that dialogues make sense.

If and when you choose to not go blind and play a purist run through and see the game as dev wanted it in the first place, there are consequences => you have to imagine dialogues make sense even with the possible nonsesical relations you define for yourself.

Game On!

they were already telling the player their relationship

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
You are right, it was 2, I was adding their boss who was an off screen character as a 3rd. Had been a while since I played the previous version.

I have zero problem with you having the player name/give them relationships. The thing I wanted to point out (which I admittedly did a bad job), was that they were already telling the player their relationship/job then telling the player they can change them. Some seem weird that the player even has a say. The nurse, secretary and MC's boss are jobs which they are doing and their outfits or how they confront/talk to the MC shows it. For example the nurse is in a nurses outfit, maybe a candy striper, or his Boss can make him leave the premises and he has to worry about his secretary/co-worker being fired. These should be hard coded. While Names are fine to allow the player to change, as is his relationship to them or their to each other. Of course as long as they aren't pre-existingly told.
Oh that, I added that option so that if a player likes or dislikes a girl, he/she can set them according to his/her wish.
for example, one liked the nurse he can set change the relation to the secret lover or like in the above post, Canto Forte said (cousins, twice removed, ex GFs, childhood friends, enemies, nurses, mistresses), what he/she wishes. The point is in the future when he relationship gets mentioned it can be of your liking.
Such as wife saying do you remember [relationoftheperson]?
in the end it's just an option. but still, having an option to change the relationship is better than none. if you wish you can change it otherwise you can play the game with default.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
playb0y44 I like the fact that we are able to choose the relationship. But I also know that the 'default' relationships are NOT always the 'intended' relationships (because of Patreon rules).
Some 'intended' relationships are obvious. Some are less obvious. For exemple, the Nurse was intended to be just a Nurse ? Or is she intended to be more than a Nurse, like the Wife's sister or something ?
It would be great to have the 'intended' relationships posted in the first post of this thread. I would love to know what are the 'intended/canon' relationships are, even if some relationships are... not patreon-friendly:sneaky:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I like this update played from the beginning again and it was worth it. I hope in the future we get to take the stick out of the bosses ass and have her :p especially after we have just had her daughter would love to see more with Emma as well.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
playb0y44 I like the fact that we are able to choose the relationship. But I also know that the 'default' relationships are NOT always the 'intended' relationships (because of Patreon rules).
Some 'intended' relationships are obvious. Some are less obvious. For exemple, the Nurse was intended to be just a Nurse ? Or is she intended to be more than a Nurse, like the Wife's sister or something ?
It would be great to have the 'intended' relationships posted in the first post of this thread. I would love to know what are the 'intended/canon' relationships are, even if some relationships are... not patreon-friendly:sneaky:
I agree with this posting "intended/canon" relationships for all the women please.

playb0y44

That way the story will unfold as it should. ;) :giggle:

If we put cousin for the nurse will that make any difference in the story or will it mess it up?
If we put sister for Joseph wife will that mess up the story?
And so on.

Posting the "intended/canon" relationships will help a bunch.

Last edited:

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I agree with this posting "intended/canon" relationships for all the women please.
playb0y44
That way the story will unfold as it should. ;) :giggle:
If we put cousin for the nurse will that make any difference in the story or will it mess it up?
If we put sister for Joseph wife will that mess up the story?
And so on.
Posting the "intended/canon" relationships will help a bunch.
The below screenshot is from another developer. I don't want to receive something similar. so I leave the relationships to your imaginations.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The below screenshot is from another developer. I don't want to receive something similar. so I leave the relationships to your imaginations.
See, I think that crap should be illegal. Patreon has no right to tell you what you may or may not do on other sites. They are only in control of their own site. I've heard something similar about what Twitter told some conservative website.

introvtx

May 6, 2017
This game is really freaking hilarious :ROFLMAO:
On the first image here I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just saying that Meaghan the nurse need to get her eyes checked. STAT!
screenshot0004edited.png
And personally I would use a different model for her, she doesn't strike me as the innocent type like the game/dev/mc describe her as. I'm sure (hope so) there are more suitable models for her. Right now If I didn't know she is supposed to be innocent, I would describe her as a dumb girl (naive/innocent and dumb are different) being misled by the fiance. I mean logically there must be at least rumors about what he does even before the rape incident, MORE SO after the incident, He attempted to rape a stranger in BROAD DAYLIGHT for god sake :ROFLMAO:

But then again this is all could be just the dev (whether it's intentional or not) continue to be wacky in terms of the story. Also Harley first met Joker when he is a patient in Arkham Asylum where she interned as a psychologist. So it could be just a reference to that. :unsure::rolleyes::LOL:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What's it got to do with anything?
logically
These are funny desires ... A long overused cliche in a lot of block buster summer big earners
is the falling for the hero / antihero / mastermind of the whole shabang when the gal is out of
distress, but still under duress ;)

Any good samaritan has a duty to do another good deed once his 1st goes through, and another ...

This is the actual natural progression of a couple of hear say rules of thumb:
"one good deed deserves another"

"no good deed goes unpunished"

"he who saves a life is responsible for it"

Ga mE oN!

• Haha
Reactions: introvtx
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes