playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Due to the updated code, I started a new game with 0.7. When I went to load my saved game in 0.8, I received the following message:

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 273, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 273, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Is there going to be a fix or do we now have to start over, yet again?
The code has not changed in 0.8, so old save should work fine. try using another save file.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Has Zoey Raven's Mod been fixed yet?
The mod works perfectly fine, the v0.3. You will miss not variables. Read the mod post and it will tell you all you need to know. I'm doing it from scratch for the next update, but you will miss no variables with this version. I had not change log. I'm not trying to be mean, but please read the thread before @ ing me.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
The mod works perfectly fine, the v0.3. You will miss not variables. Read the mod post and it will tell you all you need to know. I'm doing it from scratch for the next update, but you will miss no variables with this version. I had not change log. I'm not trying to be mean, but please read the thread before @ ing me.
I was just wondering, because a lot of people were saying the mod skipped a scene introducing a character. I wanted to know if that was fixed or not.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Is the game supposed to jump from the MC being in the spa with a woman running up to you and hugging you to you being in a car driving down the road with a "Meanwhile" in between? It seems there's something missing, since the "Meanwhile" means this next scene is happening at the same time as the scene in the spa, and both scenes have the MC which isn't possible.

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Is the game supposed to jump from the MC being in the spa with a woman running up to you and hugging you to you being in a car driving down the road with a "Meanwhile" in between? It seems there's something missing, since the "Meanwhile" means this next scene is happening at the same time as the scene in the spa, and both scenes have the MC which isn't possible.
For now It's suppose to happen like that. while the hugging girl is in a trance mc get's a call and leaves.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
For now It's suppose to happen like that. while the hugging girl is in a trance mc get's a call and leaves.
then you should probably change "meanwhile" to "shortly after" like the spongebob time cards.
Meanwhile is only good if you change perspective to another character. and be more elaborate in these things, i thought i skipped a scene somewhere.

Reactions: playb0y44
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes