robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
RavenGrl Thanks so much for sharing! Don't wanna be a whiny bitch, but the combat systems are fucked. More specifically... I have yet to take any damage while using Guard on the isolated combat screens and in the Open-World battle system, 1>Party members take no damage, making them exploitable walls between MC and enemies 2>Party members AND enemies freeze pending MC's actions (got my soldiers and wolves engaged in not-too-intense staredowns) 3> Can't actually use all your combat skills 4>Can't seem to use any items when I'm in the "you must get out of this battle" status.

Before I found the Guard exploit... the prologue was too grindy, having to go back to the house after every 3rd fight. NOW it's too easy, as I can Guard/attack/attack my way past most of the fights with no damage OR Guard/attack/attack my way into having enough TP to Guard/Kill shot/Kill shot that specific boss who regenerates HP through ero attacks which don't affect my HP.
Suggestion: find a balance.

The new open-world battle system HAS potential. I like the idea of a battle system where you have to react to real-time chaos as a hand-eye coordination AND tactical challenge (even though I'm a righty and prefer the arrow keys to WASD.) What I don't like is that it's fucked. It SEEMS like your inspiration to continue making content for "Under Control" has overridden any reasonable concern for making a game with enjoyable gameplay. If you don't know for sure that the system will end up being a benefit... you may as well discard it in favor of a traditional and familiar isolated combat screen system.
Suggestion: again, find a balance. Even if this means creating an all-out melee throwaway game to iron out the bugs with the system. If you want THIS PROJECT... "Under Control" to be THE work that defines to you what you can accomplish, I can affirm that completion of minor side-projects WILL affirm your confidence that you CAN complete these types of projects, WILL add experience and boldness to your repertoire of skills and WILL help keeping you from stagnation by hyper-focusing.
In all cases... SERIOUS props for even TRYING to bridge the gap between an unrealistic but comfortable turn-based system and realism(with the healthy dose of self-immersion and suspension of disbelief required to enjoy ANY fictional content.)

In addition: The sword you get from the aforementioned HP-sucking boss can't be equipped... but must be used as an item in battle IF it is to be of any use at all. In a prior build, purchased weapons made me unable to attack in the open-world battle system.

It's a bit early on in the production, but it looks like players will straight-up lose out on much content based on numerous decisions made throughout the game. There's something to be said for there being replay value for people who want to expend reasonable effort to experience all the content, but I don't want to replay the whole game multiple times to try to get each one of multiple scenes that are one-offs. There's no reason that the bandit leader couldn't have respected that I allowed her to live AND that she merely underestimated me after my win and proved it by FORCING me to admit my inferiority AND giving me the option to be coerced into relieving her libido through sheer terror of her strength... or to allow me to choose to play the hero by resisting her obvious dominance and sex appeal.
Suggestion: Access to recollections with hints on how to get all missing scenes/alt scenes.

Hopefully you're already aware of these bugs/perceived bugs. Hopefully this is taken as constructive criticism, because I definitely like the content I've seen and I'm hoping for your success! Thanks again!

Reactions: RavenGrl

fun893247

Jan 29, 2020
i have the problem that im stuck when i go to the orc camp in the forest south of lorn. I go to the right, before the swamp, and then everything is completely black and i cant navigate at all because i dont see anything. anyone help pls ^^

leafkfy

May 22, 2020
is just me or the game lag pretty hard sometimes? Especially when the new combat system is introduced :(

leafkfy

May 22, 2020
i have the problem that im stuck when i go to the orc camp in the forest south of lorn. I go to the right, before the swamp, and then everything is completely black and i cant navigate at all because i dont see anything. anyone help pls ^^

is a bug who triggers because the game still think you are in battle, but at the same time it make you go to the right, showing the black screen, just load an old save, go there, and kill first the wolfs there, then you shall go to your destination without any problem.

btw I'm loving the Witch

Reactions: RavenGrl
Jun 28, 2021
So I can't figure out the controls for the witch battle. Am I supposed to hit the arrow keys it wants or go the opposite direction? She keeps killing me over and over.

RavenGrl

Apr 9, 2021
RavenGrl Thanks so much for sharing! Don't wanna be a whiny bitch, but the combat systems are fucked. More specifically... I have yet to take any damage while using Guard on the isolated combat screens and in the Open-World battle system, 1>Party members take no damage, making them exploitable walls between MC and enemies 2>Party members AND enemies freeze pending MC's actions (got my soldiers and wolves engaged in not-too-intense staredowns) 3> Can't actually use all your combat skills 4>Can't seem to use any items when I'm in the "you must get out of this battle" status.

Before I found the Guard exploit... the prologue was too grindy, having to go back to the house after every 3rd fight. NOW it's too easy, as I can Guard/attack/attack my way past most of the fights with no damage OR Guard/attack/attack my way into having enough TP to Guard/Kill shot/Kill shot that specific boss who regenerates HP through ero attacks which don't affect my HP.

The new open-world battle system HAS potential. I like the idea of a battle system where you have to react to real-time chaos as a hand-eye coordination AND tactical challenge (even though I'm a righty and prefer the arrow keys to WASD.) What I don't like is that it's fucked. It SEEMS like your inspiration to continue making content for "Under Control" has overridden any reasonable concern for making a game with enjoyable gameplay. If you don't know for sure that the system will end up being a benefit... you may as well discard it in favor of a traditional and familiar isolated combat screen system.
Suggestion: again, find a balance. Even if this means creating an all-out melee throwaway game to iron out the bugs with the system. If you want THIS PROJECT... "Under Control" to be THE work that defines to you what you can accomplish, I can affirm that completion of minor side-projects WILL affirm your confidence that you CAN complete these types of projects, WILL add experience and boldness to your repertoire of skills and WILL help keeping you from stagnation by hyper-focusing.
In all cases... SERIOUS props for even TRYING to bridge the gap between an unrealistic but comfortable turn-based system and realism(with the healthy dose of self-immersion and suspension of disbelief required to enjoy ANY fictional content.)

In addition: The sword you get from the aforementioned HP-sucking boss can't be equipped... but must be used as an item in battle IF it is to be of any use at all. In a prior build, purchased weapons made me unable to attack in the open-world battle system.

It's a bit early on in the production, but it looks like players will straight-up lose out on much content based on numerous decisions made throughout the game. There's something to be said for there being replay value for people who want to expend reasonable effort to experience all the content, but I don't want to replay the whole game multiple times to try to get each one of multiple scenes that are one-offs. There's no reason that the bandit leader couldn't have respected that I allowed her to live AND that she merely underestimated me after my win and proved it by FORCING me to admit my inferiority AND giving me the option to be coerced into relieving her libido through sheer terror of her strength... or to allow me to choose to play the hero by resisting her obvious dominance and sex appeal.
Suggestion: Access to recollections with hints on how to get all missing scenes/alt scenes.

Hopefully you're already aware of these bugs/perceived bugs. Hopefully this is taken as constructive criticism, because I definitely like the content I've seen and I'm hoping for your success! Thanks again!

Robotbo! Thanks so much for sharing your toughts! Very detailed and useful. Its important to get feedbacks like this cause it helps me to improve the game!
This is my very first game and the prologue part until the school scene honestly was just a try "how to use the game-engine" while i was learning it.
Im planning to rework it a bit in the near future.

About the "open-battle system": The reason i added it to the game was to make it more interesting. Because in my opinion this "turn-based battle system" is a bit boring if you have to fight in it all the time.
But i've had so many problems with it already that I'm thinking hard about simply taking it out. It causes the lagg, item differences, equipments, transfer bugs etc.
And every time im working on a new patch i spend at least 40% of the working time to fix the bugs caused by this. Unfortunately as i see its not really worth it.

For now im working alone on this project in my free time so unfortunately sometimes i dont notice some of the bugs and i only realise them after publishing. Its simply because im short of time.
I didnt abandon the older contents. Every single patches i work on them too, improving, fixing bugs etc. But unfortunately every time i fix 1 bug two comes in its place :D

Thanks so much again for your critique, and forletting me know about these bugs, i'll definitely fix them for the next release.
Btw i haven't decided yet about the battle system because i love it but it causes just too many problem.

RavenGrl

Apr 9, 2021
is just me or the game lag pretty hard sometimes? Especially when the new combat system is introduced :(
Hi, yes i still working on this lagg problems. Do you have permanent lagg from the new combat system or just at certain parts?

leafkfy

May 22, 2020
Hi, yes i still working on this lagg problems. Do you have permanent lagg from the new combat system or just at certain parts?
more like permanent, but going there a third time it goes without any problems, same with the cave, even if way less

2.90 star(s) 10 Votes