Ren'Py Abandoned Under House Arrest Reboot [Ch. 2 Halloween] [HSA GAMES]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
I can't get the game to play. It loads and then I can't read the gameplay choices - they're too damn fuzzy. When I select one the whole game crashes. Not a very good debut for the dev. :rolleyes:

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
I can't get the game to play. It loads and then I can't read the gameplay choices - they're too damn fuzzy. When I select one the whole game crashes. Not a very good debut for the dev. :rolleyes:
Try switching graphic settings - press Shift key while starting up the game, and select the lower option for the graphics. Then restart. Hopefully that will get you going. Good Luck! (no clue what else it could be...)

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
yes the game is going to be a harem the tag is missing but hope when the oficial first version got released the moderators add the tag
Makes this a maybe for me even with the nice renders. The dev's other game is depressingly single LI centric despite the story pushing every woman in a five mile radius at the MC.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
Beautiful graphics, but the gameplay from the mobile grind (n), killed any desire to play it. Time, sandbox, search for objects, character leveling branches - I'm too old to waste time on this.:cry:
It is a pity that the author has changed his style. Oath of Loyalty pleased with its uniqueness.

Tragic Princess

Dec 30, 2019
the dev is the same xD and i remember the old version and was a sandbox too and visual novel you can choose the mode you want to play so hope in a future versions we have the same with this new version
Yeah the old game had both elements but definitely was a sandbox, I'm gonna try it out anyway.

RRHW

Feb 9, 2018
I guess I'm going to be the voice of dissent here and say that I hope that the game at least gives you the option not to pursue a harem (not that I want it to be absent for those who do want it, mind you). From what I remember of the previous version, which might be inaccurate as it's been a while, you didn't really have much input in who you ended up pursuing as a love interest, which is a shame when you're only really into two or three characters (or just don't like harems, as I've gathered is true for some). Now, I'm not going to pretend that making something like that optional isn't a whole lot more work for what I assume is little gain, as I suppose most people won't care, so I won't bitch about it if it isn't the case. But I would just like it more that way, is all.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
TBH, I would have been completely fine with just having the old game continue, as I thought it was good enough as it is, but I do understand that a creator would feel the need to.
So, definitely giving this one a try.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Why'd you starting a new SAME GAME but abandon original ??

It has no brain to me to start the same project but leaves other one unfinished.

Last time I check, for REBOOT , REMASTER versions you first need to have FINISHED ORIGINAL VERSION in a 1st place .
Sometimes is just easier to restart a game from scratch, especially if the dev isn't satisfied with the old art and mechanics anymore. Update an existing game can be much more work.

Reactions: Silk_Ari

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I used to play the original before it was abandoned so I'll atleast give this a fair try under this dev(is the original dev also working on this?). Also, I love this dev's other work, Oath of Loyalty, so i think i won't be disappointed.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes