Ren'Py Abandoned Under House Arrest Reboot [Ch. 2 Halloween] [HSA GAMES]

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I used to play the original before it was abandoned so I'll atleast give this a fair try under this dev(is the original dev also working on this?). Also, I love this dev's other work, Oath of Loyalty, so i think i won't be disappointed.
The dev even though name changed a few times made I think a total of 4 games.

1. Stimulation. This was a 2d game in a similar vein as the movie "The Matrix".

2. Gambling Life. A guy who needed money so he gambles.

3. Under House Arrest. Game about a mysterious night and murder.

4. Oath of Loyalty. Mafia game.

This is a reboot/remake of his 3rd game. Same dev.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

Im hoping to reboot stimulation next... sometime int he future.... if support is there..... HELP ME T_T

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

I see, thanks. No wonder i was confused with the name change.

Reactions: AdanGC Mods
Jul 16, 2017
People i have this issue almost with any Update in some games Like Anna Exciting Affection Ch2 and in this one as well,can anyone plz confirm if this is a Graphic Card issue?Cause i don't know what to do plus i can't play the damn game.thnx in advance!

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
People i have this issue almost with any Update in some games Like Anna Exciting Affection Ch2 and in this one as well,can anyone plz confirm if this is a Graphic Card issue?Cause i don't know what to do plus i can't play the damn game.thnx in advance!
Yes and no... When that happens to me, press Shift+g and select the lower graphics options. Or start the game by holding down the shift key and selecting the lower graphic option. Quit and restart the game. Fixes it for me every time!
Hope it works for you also! :>)

• Red Heart
Reactions: DragonNinja1979
Jul 16, 2017
Yes and no... When that happens to me, press Shift+g and select the lower graphics options. Or start the game by holding down the shift key and selecting the lower graphic option. Quit and restart the game. Fixes it for me every time!
Hope it works for you also! :>)
God Man!!!!Thank you very much Bro God bless you!It worked.(y)

• Love
Reactions: Zephea

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
Julia's animation during the talk takes 90% of my CPU, if nothing changes I won't be able to play (Windows 7 64 bit).

FoxlordKurama

Aug 9, 2019
there will actually be 2 types of dialogues. One in which its just an animated character and another type will be action interactions with scenes and dialogue (like the memory scene)
TIL I'm definitely not a fan of this style. For whatever reason I don't like the animated character in Julia. Overall render quality and models are better than previous game, but the animation just brings the quality of the new models down. Especially in the hair. Animations are fine in sex scenes, but in normal everyday affair, nah this ain't it.

"Oh but Kurama you just have a shit graphics card, if you had GTX300000900000 it would be smooth"
Well that's not wrong, but I can at least say you never have this issue with static images. The image quality in a static image is directly a result of how the image was rendered and edited, which is somewhat true of animations, but isn't complete since it also heavily relies on the player's machine in showing a smooth animation. Requiring a more substantial gpu/rig, just seems like a dumb gateway for renpy games.

Hair is already so hard to deal with in DAZ that animations, especially small idle ones like this just show that giant flaw so much more, in a well done sex scene your focus is the object of affection so to speak, if the camera is showing a close up your not necessarily concerned that there's clipping here and there, or that the hair is doing weird things or looks strange on the edges, your focus is the action. In an idle animation you have nowhere else to look, you're talking to someone, you're focused on their face the facial flaws of the animation are more apparent because it catches your eye, since your looking at that area.

"Well I'm some rando person and I think it looks great! You're too focused on 'x','y','z'"
Yes I am, it's an opinion, if you like it that's fine, if you don't like it that's also fine for whatever reason, it's your opinion. My view on this can't really be swayed, I can't overlook the things that I notice and think are bad. At the end of the day it's a visual novel, the visual part I would argue is more important, and for me visually the animation is not appealing to look at.

Map improvements: I think you could save some hassle if you added a small hover over label, on what rooms are what. IE Progress phone says go to Julia's room, if I could hover over that room with the cursor and see Julia's Room on the map, I feel like that would be a better feel, or even just labeling the room itself on the image icons along the bottom.

Overall enjoyed the demo, for me I don't know if they animation is a big enough deterrent to stop playing. Probably need to see the next update to make that judgement for myself.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
TIL I'm definitely not a fan of this style. For whatever reason I don't like the animated character in Julia. Overall render quality and models are better than previous game, but the animation just brings the quality of the new models down. Especially in the hair. Animations are fine in sex scenes, but in normal everyday affair, nah this ain't it.
thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: FoxlordKurama

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
RE: Animations, this is why it's a DEMO, we're trying new things and want to see how well or how badly they are received. They're a point of contention right now as they are a source problems, we're still testing new options to make them run smoother/better and or possibly remove them all together for another format.... so yeah. If you ask why a Demo and not a full release... here's your answer.

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes