VN Ren'Py Completed Under the Moonlight [v1.0] [Cainito Studio]

4.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
well. idk what exactly expect from this game, with few tags and "mysteriouse" overview....
We completely understand why you may feel wary about trying a game which does not have a lot of information.

But, as mentioned in the overview, this is a very short story. So, there isn't much to say without spoiling some important elements of the story (which we prefer not to :))

Reactions: Old Dog

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
We completely understand why you may feel wary about trying a game which does not have a lot of information.

But, as mentioned in the overview, this is a very short story. So, there isn't much to say without spoiling some important elements of the story (which we prefer not to :))
i dont know if tags and future content will spoil story that much but ok....

Reactions: HansDampf788

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Well, very short - but also very promising! And the two main girls are just gorgeous...
There is already music in the game, but only one track so far. I could not resist and added a few more tracks.
New with the final version: I added a choices help/walkthrough (there are not that many game choices anyway, but still...)

Under The Moonlight - Mod Banner.jpg

Mod functions:
- background music for the game, adapted to the scenes
- a music jukebox for playing the tracks manually
- a "choices helper" (= walkthrough) function
- renaming of the MC
- new with v1.0a: additional game settings (textbox opacity/text size...)

Most of these functions are optional and can be turned on/off while playing the game
Sept. 11, 2022
Made a maintenance Mod update and reworked my Mod UI
+ added additional game settings like textbox opacity, text size etc.

Download for Mod only v1.0a (~27MB)
-

Download game v1.0 compressed
with integrated Mod v1.0a (~123MB)
-

Android port from compressed game v1.0
with integrated Mod v1.0a (126MB)
-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ingame pics of my Mod:
UnderTheMoonlight_01.jpg UnderTheMoonlight_02.jpg UnderTheMoonlight_03.jpg UnderTheMoonlight_04.jpg UnderTheMoonlight_05.jpg UnderTheMoonlight_06.jpg

Last edited:

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Are you planning to do full fledged VN as the next project or you want to continue doing short VNs? We really hope that you give a chance to us to play your next VN for a long time.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Are you planning to do full fledged VN as the next project or you want to continue doing short VNs? We really hope that you give a chance to us to play your next VN for a long time.
Agreed, I really want larger and more involved updates. I want a story to sink my teeth into (please no vampires) as right now we are only getting appetizing little nibbles. Much rather have updates every three months and three times this length.

I'd love to see what they could do with a larger more expansive story.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Agreed, I really want larger and more involved updates. I want a story to sink my teeth into (please no vampires) as right now we are only getting appetizing little nibbles. Much rather have updates every three months and three times this length.

I'd love to see what they could do with a larger more expansive story.
Yes, we are planning to do a much bigger and long-running project immediately after UTM is over.

Hopefully, we'll be able to make an announcement (with all the necessary details about the project) pretty soon :)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yes, we are planning to do a much bigger and long-running project immediately after UTM is over.

Hopefully, we'll be able to make an announcement (with all the necessary details about the project) pretty soon :)
That’s great, I look forward to seeing what you do next.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arisushi

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
A really nice game, I like it so far. The renders are top, especially the girls :love:. Yes, it is a bit short. But better that and the existing content is well done than the other way round. Looking forward for the next update.

Well, very short - but also very promising! And the two main girls are just gorgeous...

There is already music in the game, but only one track so far. I could not resist and added a few more tracks.
Here the download link:

Download Mod v0.3 (~21MB)
Workupload

Ingame pics of my Mod:
View attachment 1098847 View attachment 1098848 View attachment 1098849 View attachment 1098850
Thanks for this, as usual top. A slightly different style this time, but it fits this game perfectly.

Reactions: Arisushi and KoGa3

Sterkh90

Sep 18, 2018
It is a pity that we will have to say goodbye to this mysterious woman soon after the game ends. An excellent model, one of the best among the VN.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arisushi

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
Android port of
Under the Moonlight [v0.3] with Ripson WT Mod and KoGa3 Music Mod
Download:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All my ports now have textbox opacity slider and text size slider which can be found in preferences.You can also change your name anytime mid-game using Change MC Name button found in menu.
Consider supporting me on my or you can also join my for more android ports and mods.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
My 1st thought: this story is too short to like it [or not to like it].

It hasn't even started, it seemed to me.

My 2st thought: "three strangers"? I've seen only two. (Two girls?..)

Conclusion: I suspect it's not a real story; rather, an avant garde project where you need to explore all the choices in order to make sense of it.

No, I don't really like it (at least by now), because people there are lost, there is a mass of confusion, while I love clarity.

Though I have to admit, visuals are good. And some impression, some atmosphere gets across.

I guess, impressionism finally made its way into AVNs... :p

Full-blown, acute impressionism, I mean.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
FYI:

We are very pleased to inform you that finally everything is back on track, the technical issue has been resolved. Now our team members are working hard to bring you the final update, and it will be released this month.
As soon as UTM is completed, we will launch a longer project with more characters, more complex gameplay and especially you can freely choose how to play.
Let's look forward to the good news to come.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
The game has probably received the final update by now (according their locked Patreon post). Now we need a hero...

Reactions: MrFriendly

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
The game has probably received the final update by now (according their locked Patreon post). Now we need a hero...
You can have a look at my Mod post a bit above, under the "additional downloads"...

• Love
Reactions: J.R.
4.00 star(s) 11 Votes