Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

hastati322

Sep 27, 2020
Look.
I mean im just a filthy unappreciative coomer consumer and all but someone should really sit this guy down and have the tough love discussion about how not a single person cares about the complex level design, quest system or the pseudo final fantasy tier fetch items gameplay and graphics or whatever and that everyone just wants to watch the goth chick step on dick.
The crumbs of H content that slips through his monthly posts of pure autism obsessing over pillar and tower designs maybe 2 people will stop to glance at while holding their dicks are the only thing keeping this game relevant.
I actually find it even more annoying when games have over-reaching levels and navigation between the content we're here for it. It's padding to make the game feel longer. Like having to run around massive designed levels with a 'plot' just to get 2-5 scenes absolutely is draining and has made me drop coomer games before I even see the scenes.

Reactions: Evizzy89

Dunedain

Feb 1, 2022
Well, I think that the fact that he wants to get this game to a whole new level should be considered a good thing. Also, although I was glad with monthly updates, patience always pays off and mega patches are better.

Last edited:

stickypicky

Apr 13, 2020
With how things are progressing i don't think we get a playable version till mid 2025, unless we're lucky and he releases 1 girl at a time then i think super late 2023

Reactions: footjob87
Nov 9, 2020
The thing is, he's lost almost half his Patrons since March 2022. At that point, he was making approx. $12000 per month from Patreon. The decision to expand the game and take longer to release has probably been based on that figure, from a finance perspective. If his Steam/other platform income doesn't make up to that figure, we might be looking at an even longer estimated release time. This is what happens when you don't consider finances as a dev, no matter how good you are. We may never see a release of this game again...

succxess1

May 4, 2021
If you'd actually read his Patreon posts you'd see that he does have other people working for him.
EDIT: This was a reply to a deleted post of some guy ranting about how could Numeric finish the game when it was only him working on it. Which isn't true.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017
Randoms on the internet once again displaying they have no idea how game development works. If he doesn't do it full time, of fucking course it's going to take forever. He does have a team of people, so he's not taking home all of the money he's making. So I seriously doubt he's doing this full time.

NumericGazer is upfront and honest with his progress.

Yes development is slow, what a fresh and original take. Not like we haven't heard that over and over again here. Cry me a fucking river then get over it.

Last edited:

Nora Zen009

May 3, 2021
And who doesn't know, NumericGazer switched to UE5. No matter how well the UE5 engine is optimized, in fact you will need at least a card starting with the Radeon RX 5000, because the RX 400-500 has not been able to cope with the load for a long time. Why the hell did you have to make the transition from UE4 to UE5? The only thing that will benefit from such a transition is locations and buildings. NumericGazer's characters, as they were non-interactive, will remain so.

P.S.- Refine the witch from the demo presentation (yeah, the same one), make it interactive. For each scene, make several different modes of interaction between the character G.G. (the main character) and the witch. No matter how well and seductively it is animated, without the right interactive, these are pre-calculated animations and that's it.

Reactions: footjob87
May 25, 2017
And who doesn't know, NumericGazer switched to UE5. No matter how well the UE5 engine is optimized, in fact you will need at least a card starting with the Radeon RX 5000, because the RX 400-500 has not been able to cope with the load for a long time. Why the hell did you have to make the transition from UE4 to UE5? The only thing that will benefit from such a transition is locations and buildings. NumericGazer's characters, as they were non-interactive, will remain so.
A lot of what you said is flat out wrong, UE5 is a lot better in regards to polygons and performance over UE4. UE4 can only handle a few million polygons vs UE5's 10 billion. Plus if you're running a 6+ year old card and still expecting it to run the most up to date video games, there's no helping you. Literally the only card that can get away with that is a NVIDIA 1080 series or an AMD equivalent.

P.S.- Refine the witch from the demo presentation (yeah, the same one), make it interactive. For each scene, make several different modes of interaction between the character G.G. (the main character) and the witch. No matter how well and seductively it is animated, without the right interactive, these are pre-calculated animations and that's it.
So your solution to him not working fast enough is... increasing his workload? Okay buddy :KEK:.

acarobasito

Sep 10, 2020
With how things are progressing i don't think we get a playable version till mid 2025, unless we're lucky and he releases 1 girl at a time then i think super late 2023
I think he will relase 1 girl at time, as for the first two episodes.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
as I tought...

Thank you for your continued support, I'm NumericGazer.
This month we mainly did the following
・Background
・Motion
・Game part
Background
Concept:

・Concept art: Liese's (Succubus) room

It's great that it matches the character design.
Motion
Animator:
Some of Kuro's combat motions are ready. In the previous work, we used assets from the marketplace for attack-type motions, but this time we created unique character-specific motions from scratch.

Attack_Motion

FrontStep_Motion

DamageReaction_Motion
Game Part
This month, I started creating the game in order from the start part of the game, such as title, opening scene, and game start. This means that we have finally stepped into the stage of connecting the assets that have been created so far and turning them into a game. Right now, I am working on the opening cut scene.

Schedule for next month
I will continue to produce games next month as I did this month.
This is beautiful, I love it.

Nov 9, 2020
Randoms on the internet once again displaying they have no idea how game development works. If he doesn't do it full time, of fucking course it's going to take forever. He does have a team of people, so he's not taking home all of the money he's making. So I seriously doubt he's doing this full time.

NumericGazer is upfront and honest with his progress.

Yes development is slow, what a fresh and original take. Not like we haven't heard that over and over again here. Cry me a fucking river then get over it.
You missed the point. I'm not saying he's taking all the money. I said he was making $12000 a month at its peak, and with that money he hired more people.

Now that he has lost half his patrons, let's assume that number is $6000 a month. He can no longer pay those people (assuming no income from other sources, like I mentioned before), so dev takes longer. I never complained that it's going to take longer, I merely stated the facts.

May 25, 2017
You missed the point. I'm not saying he's taking all the money. I said he was making $12000 a month at its peak, and with that money he hired more people.

Now that he has lost half his patrons, let's assume that number is $6000 a month. He can no longer pay those people (assuming no income from other sources, like I mentioned before), so dev takes longer. I never complained that it's going to take longer, I merely stated the facts.
That wasn't you I was responding to. That was a response to a now deleted post calling NumericGazer a scammer because (sit down because this might shock you) game development takes time. I actually fully agree with your original statement, because it makes sense.

Wildhunterx

Jun 6, 2023
use the dowload link in the first page, then look into the folder for the patch.
It doesn't work. The censorship is still present in the game, and I don't know what I did wrong.

edit:

Ah, I found and fixed the problem. Now the game is uncensored.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 102 Votes