Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
Okay yep that was it. Thank you very much for the answer!
I know your question was already answered, but the drive and username are variables in windows, so this:
%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\
will work for anyone.
%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\UnderTheWitch\Saved\SaveGames\

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
A whole year without a single playable update/demo and still 4k$ monthly,it's hard to understand what are those people still pay for. I'm surprised that more people don't do the same thing as the developer, I mean just create a demo game make a patron and do nothing for months=money.
Go ahead. Make one. Set the bar high and aim for 10% the quality of this one.

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
In fact, this obsession with pre-alpha games then, lead us to games like CP2077.

70 fucking bags for an incomplete game.

I'm simply sick of paying to be other people's beta testers.

And everyone passing themselves off as developers should cut out all this bullshit and get their asses to work seriously.
Don't pay for games you don't appreciate. Problem solved.
Out of curiosity, how many games have you paid for that did not meet expectations?

• Angry

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Don't pay for games you don't appreciate. Problem solved.
Out of curiosity, how many games have you paid for that did not meet expectations?
I can see where you are coming from but the point of Patreon is to crowdfund a project during it's production phase rather than after. I think his problem is with developers asking for money for barely functional beta or even alpha versions. What's more is that there is a big problem with SOME developers milking their Patreon and then just abandoning the project outright.

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
I can see where you are coming from but the point of Patreon is to crowdfund a project during it's production phase rather than after. I think his problem is with developers asking for money for barely functional beta or even alpha versions. What's more is that there is a big problem with SOME developers milking their Patreon and then just abandoning the project outright.
I see where you're coming from, but I think he's just impatient.
He said he's sick of paying to be other people's beta testers.
If he's sick of paying, and doesn't know what to do about that, he might be hard to help.

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
Nobody likes to be deceived. That being said, if anyone felt deceived by this author taking a long time between releases, that the time-frame doesn't meet their expectations, it's not that the author didn't meet his stated time-frames. It's that someone decided how long they assumed it should take is how long it should take. It's not his fault if people think it's going to be faster than it is. I wish it were faster, but it is what it is. There's a tradeoff between speed and quality. This guy leans toward the latter.

CC7892

Jul 5, 2019
It's quite funny that the topic going on here right now is literally the exact reason I cancelled my pledge. I figured I'd come over here to see if anyone else shared my frustrations on the incredibly slow development time. Wasn't the $3k target supposed to speed up development because he could hire more people to work on the game? I've been a patreon to Bo-Wei for a very long time so I know how to be patient but at some point I just start to feel like I'm being ripped off.

Of course, how people spend their money is up to them, but for me personally I feel like I've gotten nothing close out to my ~12 months of support for NG.

saintplecing

Mar 14, 2019
It's quite funny that the topic going on here right now is literally the exact reason I cancelled my pledge. I figured I'd come over here to see if anyone else shared my frustrations on the incredibly slow development time. Wasn't the $3k target supposed to speed up development because he could hire more people to work on the game? I've been a patreon to Bo-Wei for a very long time so I know how to be patient but at some point I just start to feel like I'm being ripped off.

Of course, how people spend their money is up to them, but for me personally I feel like I've gotten nothing close out to my ~12 months of support for NG.
i think japanese people not like that, japanese known for their manner, hardwork, and discipline. this dev is japanese, you can see his twitter i think thats massive progress, he use patrons money to build a mocap studio

D

Deleted member 1811997

i think japanese people not like that, japanese known for their manner, hardwork, and discipline. this dev is japanese, you can see his twitter i think thats massive progress, he use patrons money to build a mocap studio
I agree you can see his monthly progress so you know he's working on stuff but we're closing in on 18 months since release. This mocap studio you're talking about is just a $2500 suit, you make it sound like he built an entire $20,000 studio room or something And if anything he bought it to make his own life easier so he wouldnt have to manually animate everything. He said he was going to hire other people, what happened to that?

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes