Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

CC7892

Jul 5, 2019
i think japanese people not like that, japanese known for their manner, hardwork, and discipline. this dev is japanese, you can see his twitter i think thats massive progress, he use patrons money to build a mocap studio
I didn't call him lazy, nor would I ever dare to, the work he has put into the game is far more than I have ever had to put into a single project. While a Patreon pledge is to support a creator and is not a traditional purchase of goods and services, I think it's safe to say that 99% of people that do pledge do so with an expectation to get something in return for their money, and will withdraw their pledge if there is nothing forthcoming. All we've had this year are some short animation loops and some screenshots that show that work on the game is continuing, but with no actual builds for us to play and give feedback on.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I didn't call him lazy, nor would I ever dare to, the work he has put into the game is far more than I have ever had to put into a single project. While a Patreon pledge is to support a creator and is not a traditional purchase of goods and services, I think it's safe to say that 99% of people that do pledge do so with an expectation to get something in return for their money, and will withdraw their pledge if there is nothing forthcoming. All we've had this year are some short animation loops and some screenshots that show that work on the game is continuing, but with no actual builds for us to play and give feedback on.
Agreed with what you said and sorry to hear you were a Tower of Trample supporter. I think Bowei's Patreon milking has been so bad that it's made people on our community leery of the pay-toward-development model as a whole. I just hope this developer will learn from ToT's bad example and produce SOMETHING.

Reactions: B2B2 and olorex11

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
Personally, id much rather have him (or any devs in this site) finish it by not updating every month with new builds filled with sex scenes. I see so many devs do it nowadays and it has its downside. The anticipation of the game basically goes down the drain once u see most of the stuff every other month with new builds before the game even gets finished (if it gets finished lol).

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Personally, id much rather have him (or any devs in this site) finish it by not updating every month with new builds filled with sex scenes. I see so many devs do it nowadays and it has its downside. The anticipation of the game basically goes down the drain once u see most of the stuff every other month with new builds before the game even gets finished (if it gets finished lol).
That is one way of looking at it, however keep in mind why some developers use Patreon. The developers on Patreon use the platform because they don't have the capital on hand to outright develop a game. They have to make the money as they go along and in turn produce updates to keep their fanbase satisfied.

lylbron

May 15, 2017
i think japanese people not like that, japanese known for their manner, hardwork, and discipline. this dev is japanese, you can see his twitter i think thats massive progress, he use patrons money to build a mocap studio
His ethnicity and nationality has nothing to do with his work output. Also hardwork and disciplined? Have you seen the spaghetti code and unwillingness to learn Japanese game devs have been accused of for the past two generations?

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes