Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

ColdCats

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2021
oof this version is short... the older version had more content suprisingly, and english voice acting :S too bad i deleted it when i saw this was updated
Yeah, no idea why the studio decided to replace all of the existing content. I like that they're innovating and introducing new gameplay, but they could've found a way to implement the old scenes into the "new" game, instead of just presenting a demo with barely any new content.

Lesovikk

Sep 4, 2018
I just finished playing the new alpha build. I was so hyped for this game since devs released their first version. I watched them getting 300 dolars to 6000 dolars on patreon and I supported them for a while. I was so sure that they will make their first demo into something really big but I'm so dissapointed with what they came out with. First of all I loved all animations with in the new version. Alice being hero's sister is what I wasn't expected but I like it alot. Map and Graphics are pretty good, Alices design is quite something and being able to choose her outfit is really nice, but I'm afraid these are only thing that I liked about this build. I don't understand why devs removed witch's content also why they didn't made any combat parts for this build? I mean even the first build's combat was ok. All that aside the biggest problem is, this build's optimization. Its quite poor, I'm getting low fps at high setting with my Gtx 1080ti. Even at the lowest settings the temperature is insane. I'm talking about 89C degrees here. Lastly the content is too short. It was my only concern. I hope we dont have to wait months to get 15-30 mins of content. I hope things will be better for this game. I'm considering to become patreon once again.

Last edited:

Superman007

Oct 27, 2020
I am pretty sure the dev didn't make any combat part for the demo because:
1. He focused on the secret training scenes and not on any mid-combat scenes, which is why we have a lot of those around in the gallery (though unimplemented).
2. There was no scene made for what would happen if the protagonist was to win.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Another Alice: With such a Sister you need no enemies anymore ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is a hotfix version released 8 hours ago. Can someone upload it

They're so many issues it will need more than simple bugfixes ;)

Any word what was fixed Clipping issues/Height Adaption Heel issues/ The crazy looking Diamond Cum in the Massage Scene/ This horror wood ground bark textures ?

Gameplay (look) not really any kind of combat or anything except some triggers yet even more bland than Wild-Life stage and very far away from Kalyskah yet (this is extremely at it's beginning)

PS: This Purple LOVE Light i could cry and never forget a good Angel Light :D

Last edited:

simsalabim

Apr 29, 2017
Wasn't expecting an update so soon. Very nice.

There is no vertical sync? Although I can play the game without problems, after a while the pc becomes like a stove, not even the unnameable punk game would put my pc that way.
Can always force it via control panel. AMD or Nvidia.

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
Alice being the sister of the hero was... interesting. I didn't think incest was going to be a big part of this game. One thing I dislike terribly is how much the hero seems to want the sex he's getting tempted with now. I preferred it when the Hero was trying to stay strong and tried to reject getting molested/raped in the original Demo. In this latest Demo, His internal thoughts were all how much he wanted to have sex and how anxious he was to take his cock out. it didn't feel much like a game of being dominated and seeing the Hero getting used sexually against his will which is what I feel a good bdsm/domination/hero corruption game or story should be about.
Yeah I got the same impression. The game used to be about him fighting against temptation, not being a wimp and a masochist. Before it was evil magic, not it's just he was always a weak loser... not thrilled by the story change.

Also if anyone needs the older versions I have the latest of the old versions at 1.6

beeleeteapee

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah I got the same impression. The game used to be about him fighting against temptation, not being a wimp and a masochist. Before it was evil magic, not it's just he was always a weak loser... not thrilled by the story change.

Also if anyone needs the older versions I have the latest of the old versions at 1.6
Latest I had was 1.4 which had no difference with 1.2 in regards to scenes. Can you share please? I prefer Dealer and previous MC personality tbh.

D

Deleted member 1811997

What happened to him hiring more people for the team, he makes a lot more than he did when he said he'd be adding more to the team. I supported him for only 2 or 3 months but a little bit sad this is all we got. He released the witch on July 11, 2019, that is 21 months ago, almost 2 whole years. Twenty-one months, lol. The art and animations are on point and I know he has a suit to lets him record animations in real-time and then polish them in some animation software. I have to think programming is what's holding him back. What I'm most afraid of is that he has spaghetti code or blueprints (visual programming in UE4) that's going to kill this project slowly. If he's having issues with his quest, dialogue or inventory system etc and the more he adds to it the more spaghetti it gets, it'll be such a sad day. It genuinely looks like even this demo is mostly art and animations, very little coding involved despite working on this game for over 3 years. The fact that he had all those special training and animations and didn't even link them together quickly and instead chose to show them as sometimes interactable videos shows that he doesn't have a proper event/story system in place and the fact that he removed the witch means he probably started from a clean slate several times as well, meaning things turned to spaghetti. If his specialty is art he should just stick to art and hire a programmer if that's where he's having trouble.

I never set high expectations and was happy with whatever I'd get, but the thought of waiting 2 years and getting 10% of a story just means that the content release will continue to be even slower the more he adds. It's a shame too cause his art and animations are truly impressive.

May 28, 2020
Yeah that's the vibe I'm getting as well. And this is coming from me, who's been working with Unity for 5 years already and trashed multiple projects.

First he needs to know the foundation, the pillars of programming:
Inheritance, Encapsulation, Abstraction and Polymorphism.

Then if the battle system really was build on these principles, it would have been possible to get the previous witch connected with this version of the game. I think he started to realize this too late and about the time he was posting about programming the inventory. If this is really the case, he might have a couple more roadblocks allong the way like you mentioned.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The complexity he is going for now is Wild-Life class and we know how long Wild-Life is in Dev now same for Kalyskah ;)
And yeah no doubt he and Whitewolf are great Character Artists

With such unique IP and low man power you should first introduce your cast to the World and show the Potential of your IP, this Demo partly started todo this.
But even for a good Vertical Slice it's yet way to less.

But neither of them both is as good as QI WU aka Migo1942

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 102 Votes