4.40 star(s) 22 Votes

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I love the game, but wouldn't it be abandoned if it's being dropped for a remake?
Not necessarily, as the dev himself is the one reworking the current game and not scrapping everything to start over. Iirc, he's tweaking the characters personalities and some of the plot to something closer to what he has in mind that works for the story he wants to tell.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hey Eranfer,

Been a while since I've been back in this thread.
Something that I'd like to suggest.

Perhaps you could put a progress tracker on your Patreon, as a public post (so that anyone can see)?

Nowadays, I'm seeing more and more Devs using them, who don't want to give out ETAs, but still give an idea to everyone rough estimate of how much progress has been made and how much till it gets released.

An example of progress tracker would look like this:

1442359_1632502675220.png

Now of course, it doesn't necessarily need to be quite as detailed as this, but still something like it I think could be useful not just for this remake, but for all the future updates of the game.

Reactions: Ticus

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Hey everyone! First of all, I want to apologize for missing the last date that I told you about the update progress again. And some of you might think that I'm just saying words again and again but the truth is that I had to work for like 2 months-ish since Payoneer kinda raised the minimum withdrawal limit and my Patreon earnings didn't reach that minimum. At first, I kinda planned to only work for one month so I could pay my internet and electricity bills for another several month myself, but I end up working for another month because of some family problems that I can't tell you here. In fact, I can't even pay my internet bills last month because the money that I earned from working had to go somewhere else "Thanks to my parents" and end up without internet because they shut it down since I didn't pay up. And now, I finally paid it out on 20 this month and got my internet access again on 21 this month. Not gonna lie, life here is not easy for me, kinda feels like I'm at the lowest point of my life too. And no, I'm not saying all of this so I can get your pity or anything like that. I'm saying this so that you guys at least understand about my condition here and hopefully stop saying the game is abandoned_-

For those of you who want to know why it took so long, please click on the spoiler below. I explain everything there so you know exactly what happened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Hey everyone! First of all, I want to apologize for missing the last date that I told you about the update progress again. And some of you might think that I'm just saying words again and again but the truth is that I had to work for like 2 months-ish since Payoneer kinda raised the minimum withdrawal limit and my Patreon earnings didn't reach that minimum. At first, I kinda planned to only work for one month so I could pay my internet and electricity bills for another several month myself, but I end up working for another month because of some family problems that I can't tell you here. In fact, I can't even pay my internet bills last month because the money that I earned from working had to go somewhere else "Thanks to my parents" and end up without internet because they shut it down since I didn't pay up. And now, I finally paid it out on 20 this month and got my internet access again on 21 this month. Not gonna lie, life here is not easy for me, kinda feels like I'm at the lowest point of my life too. And no, I'm not saying all of this so I can get your pity or anything like that. I'm saying this so that you guys at least understand about my condition here and hopefully stop saying the game is abandoned_-

For those of you who want to know why it took so long, please click on the spoiler below. I explain everything there so you know exactly what happened.

You use the past when you speek of the revamp...does it mean that you're uploading it so we can play it?XD

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
So where are we now? How much work left until the game gets updated? When I could play the REVAMP?

Well, right now If you still remember, I'm on day 3(or day 2 in the previous version) in college specifically on the scene where MC sees the bullied girl. But even so, I haven't made the animations yet. For the next few days, I want to finish all the environments and props that I ported into HS. Once it is done, I'm planning to back to my animation training and will start making images again next month.

If you want to know it in detail as JJJ84 suggested. It will look like this.

Writing: 100% (3 days of content with a lot of choices and not a linear story.)
Code: 80% (There's some part of the code that I still want to polish and make.)
Images: 59% (Stills a lot left to make since the story is less linear.)
Animations: 0% (Haven't worked on it yet.)
PS Edit: 0%
Proofread: 0%
Estimation:
There will be around 4 thousand-ish of images on this REVAMP. Could be more, could be less than that.

And here is the new look of our MC later on inside the game. This is an old image that I made a few days after I make the current MC. I'm not willing to share the newest picture of him inside the game yet, but soon you will see it on my Patreon public post next month.

And this, for you who were wondering how the images gonna look like. Again, old images from when I practice my lighting and not a part of the game. Basically, it will look the same for a bright/day scene, but you could feel the lights if it's a dark/night scene. That is one of the main focuses of this revamp, lighting and vibes.

Several questions that you might have in mind about the REVAMP:

Q: Which part of the game gets REVAMPED?
A:
Everything, the core is basically still the same, but it has more choices and a less linear storyline. The motto that He and I used back then when we work together is #ChoiceMatter. It will end like version 0.2 but have a lot of change in it.

Q: How long is this REVAMP playtime?
A:
Around 2-3 hours for a single playthrough and depends on reading speed as well.

Q: 3 days? Isn't it only have 2 days on the previous version?
A:
Well yes, I decided to add another one day before the start of the previous version for the sake of the story and hopefully will help you understand our MC conditions and circumstances.

Q: What do you mean by a "less linear" story?
A:
Well basically it means that it has more scenes depending on what choices that you choose inside the game. Like for example, this is kinda a spoiler as well btw. At the end of day 1, when you go to a club with Della, there will be a girl that asked you to come over to her apartment. Depending on your choice you might have a one-night stand with the girl or reject her and spend the rest of the night with Della. Each choice will lead you into 2 totally different scenes in the morning, either in your room with Della in the morning, or a stranger Bed in her apartment. There are only a few of these on this revamp, but later on, you will see this kind of branching a lot.

Q: When?
A:
I think it will be in January. To be honest, there's is still a lot of things to do. After the images and code are done, I still need to find a good song for the game, and the game also needs to get a proofread and beta test before it's fully done. So it is still a lot of work and hopefully, the Alpha version(No proofread, no song, some bugs) will be out somewhere in January 2022.

Q: Who is this guy that you keep saying?
A:
His name is OYTE(Open_your_third_eye), shout out to him. He is an amazing guy that helped me a lot during my early game and also open my eyes about good story writing :) I respect him a lot so if you guys find him don't forget to do that as well :)

Well, I think that's all that you need to know about the REVAMP update, for now. I hope these 2 posts that I send here will answer all of your questions about the Revamp update. I will start posting again on PATREON next month, I still need to make a few things to post first, and hopefully, my Patreon post will back to normal again according to my plan. As usual, if you do have some questions about the game, don't be shy to ask me directly in DM here or my discord. And I WILL answer it when I see it :) Thank you~

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Sadly, It just my bad grammar :ROFLMAO: You have your answer above your post :p
Nooooh, MC is going to be a smoker ç_ç that's worse than being NTR-ed ç_ç bc i can literally smell the smoke...of that picture and i'm already sick ç_ç (yeah my nose is so sensitive to smoke, that basically i can't stay near a smoker without coughing like i'm dying ç_ç)

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Nooooh, MC is going to be a smoker ç_ç that's worse than being NTR-ed ç_ç bc i can literally smell the smoke...of that picture and i'm already sick ç_ç (yeah my nose is so sensitive to smoke, that basically i can't stay near a smoker without coughing like i'm dying ç_ç)
I know, that's why at the start of the game you could choose not a smoker to make your character not a smoker.

Reactions: TNVL

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So where are we now? How much work left until the game gets updated? When I could play the REVAMP?

Well, right now If you still remember, I'm on day 3(or day 2 in the previous version) in college specifically on the scene where MC sees the bullied girl. But even so, I haven't made the animations yet. For the next few days, I want to finish all the environments and props that I ported into HS. Once it is done, I'm planning to back to my animation training and will start making images again next month.

If you want to know it in detail as JJJ84 suggested. It will look like this.

Writing: 100% (3 days of content with a lot of choices and not a linear story.)
Code: 80% (There's some part of the code that I still want to polish and make.)
Images: 59% (Stills a lot left to make since the story is less linear.)
Animations: 0% (Haven't worked on it yet.)
PS Edit: 0%
Proofread: 0%
Estimation:
There will be around 4 thousand-ish of images on this REVAMP. Could be more, could be less than that.

And here is the new look of our MC later on inside the game. This is an old image that I made a few days after I make the current MC. I'm not willing to share the newest picture of him inside the game yet, but soon you will see it on my Patreon public post next month.

And this, for you who were wondering how the images gonna look like. Again, old images from when I practice my lighting and not a part of the game. Basically, it will look the same for a bright/day scene, but you could feel the lights if it's a dark/night scene. That is one of the main focuses of this revamp, lighting and vibes.

Several questions that you might have in mind about the REVAMP:

Q: Which part of the game gets REVAMPED?
A:
Everything, the core is basically still the same, but it has more choices and a less linear storyline. The motto that He and I used back then when we work together is #ChoiceMatter. It will end like version 0.2 but have a lot of change in it.

Q: How long is this REVAMP playtime?
A:
Around 2-3 hours for a single playthrough and depends on reading speed as well.

Q: 3 days? Isn't it only have 2 days on the previous version?
A:
Well yes, I decided to add another one day before the start of the previous version for the sake of the story and hopefully will help you understand our MC conditions and circumstances.

Q: What do you mean by a "less linear" story?
A:
Well basically it means that it has more scenes depending on what choices that you choose inside the game. Like for example, this is kinda a spoiler as well btw. At the end of day 1, when you go to a club with Della, there will be a girl that asked you to come over to her apartment. Depending on your choice you might have a one-night stand with the girl or reject her and spend the rest of the night with Della. Each choice will lead you into 2 totally different scenes in the morning, either in your room with Della in the morning, or a stranger Bed in her apartment. There are only a few of these on this revamp, but later on, you will see this kind of branching a lot.

A:
I think it will be in January. To be honest, there's is still a lot of things to do. After the images and code are done, I still need to find a good song for the game, and the game also needs to get a proofread and beta test before it's fully done. So it is still a lot of work and hopefully, the Alpha version(No proofread, no song, some bugs) will be out somewhere in January 2022.

Q: Who is this guy that you keep saying?
A:
His name is OYTE(Open_your_third_eye), shout out to him. He is an amazing guy that helped me a lot during my early game and also open my eyes about good story writing :) I respect him a lot so if you guys find him don't forget to do that as well :)

Well, I think that's all that you need to know about the REVAMP update, for now. I hope these 2 posts that I send here will answer all of your questions about the Revamp update. I will start posting again on PATREON next month, I still need to make a few things to post first, and hopefully, my Patreon post will back to normal again according to my plan. As usual, if you do have some questions about the game, don't be shy to ask me directly in DM here or my discord. And I WILL answer it when I see it :) Thank you~
Hey, thanks for the mention, and showing the progress tracker.
I do hope it can be a regular thing on your patreon, with you giving us updated version of this tracker when the number goes up in significant amount.

I really like the new graphical updates (look like a big improvement of the previous version). Though with the MC's new look, I kinda wish you would have posted the old version's look as well for the comparison (kinda forgot what our MC looks like lol).

So in terms of LIs, how many are confirmed? Do you already have a set number in mind in regards to the whole game?
Obviously Della is 1, I remember the MC's father's right hand woman also possibly being another, but other than those two I don't really remember.

Also, I wonder whether choosing different club in the College (which was option in previous version) is still the option with this revamp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Hey, thanks for the mention, and showing the progress tracker.
I do hope it can be a regular thing on your patreon, with you giving us updated version of this tracker when the number goes up in significant amount.

I really like the new graphical updates (look like a big improvement of the previous version). Though with the MC's new look, I kinda wish you would have posted the old version's look as well for the comparison (kinda forgot what our MC looks like lol).

So in terms of LIs, how many are confirmed? Do you already have a set number in mind in regards to the whole game?
Obviously Della is 1, I remember the MC's father's right hand woman also possibly being another, but other than those two I don't really remember.

Also, I wonder whether choosing different club in the College (which was option in previous version) is still the option with this revamp.
Edited and added the old MC look. About how many LI's inside the game, right now I have 5 in mind, some already showed up and some still need to wait in future updates. But this number could grow into 7 or even 10. You might be thinking, isn't it a bit too much? Well, in this game Love Interest is kinda different from other games. LI's isn't the main objective of the game but your life as a Mafia Underboss is. So the story won't be about you chasing the girl that you desire but more about your life and who you meet and choose throughout the way. And yes, choosing Club in College is still on the table. It will start on Episode 2, but I won't update it in one update. Meaning that I'm gonna work on one club, and then update the rest later. Something like how Leap of Faith Dev did with his game.

Reactions: TNVL and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
LI's isn't the main objective of the game but your life as a Mafia Underboss is
This statement had me wondering. So main objective is the life of the Mafia Underboss.
Does that mean there may actually be gameplay in some way of Mafia organization management (which doesn't necessarily just happen as a VN mode, but involve some sort of gameplay mechanics of running things as the boss)?

Reactions: User1230

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
This statement had me wondering. So main objective is the life of the Mafia Underboss.
Does that mean there may actually be gameplay in some way of Mafia organization management (which doesn't necessarily just happen as a VN mode, but involve some sort of gameplay mechanics of running things as the boss)?
I don't think so. It will be a full VN, adding such things as management into a full VN isn't a great idea if you can't craft it carefully. The game story will be paved by player choices, and every choice has consequences whether you see it coming or not.

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I don't think so. It will be a full VN, adding such things as management into a full VN isn't a great idea if you can't craft it carefully. The game story will be paved by player choices, and every choice has consequences whether you see it coming or not.
So choices have consequences. Cool.
Does that mean if the player makes some bad choices for MC, we can end up with a Bad ending (e.g. MC gets killed by rival Family etc)?

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
So choices have consequences. Cool.
Does that mean if the player makes some bad choices for MC, we can end up with a Bad ending (e.g. MC gets killed by rival Family etc)?
It is a possibility. Like I said before, the game story will be paved by player choices meaning that it will heavily depend on what players choose throughout the game. So if you take bad decisions again and again, then you will probably lead your own character to damnation. Besides, that's what "Life" is about right? Taking decisions. And worry not, "Bad Ending" will not be like some games where you see few images and "Game Over". It will have quite amount of content before you realize that you're walking on it. Also, players will not get forced to it as well. My duty here is only serving player content, about which path that players choose, it's entirely up to them.

giggitygigity

Aug 24, 2019
Any update ?
A:

Reactions: Eranfer

ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
Damn almost forgot about that game... its been awile... and did i get it right das we dont get any new story when he is done ?

Revamp/remake or whatever you can call it, its nice and all but i have the strange feeling that it goes in the same direction as WIAB & SG...

dont get me wrong i like quality upgrades, but i got so hyped for this game last year and then nothing. 1 1/2 years later i see that there is a revamp in the making and no story update....

And noooo im not hating !! so you knights in shining armor can chill.

Eranfer

Underboss Life Dev.
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Merry Christmas everyone~ I know it's been a rough year, but let's hope everything will get better next year! Small gifts from me, nothing special but I hope you guys like it. :) Other several posts are already scheduled as well. Post about the REVAMP will get released on Monday and will become a public post after one day. So if you want to know in detail about the revamp, you could wait for it :) Don't forget to drop some likes/comments in Patreon as well so I could see that someone actually sees the post. :ROFLMAO: And Happy Holiday everyone~

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone~ I know it's been a rough year, but let's hope everything will get better next year! Small gifts from me, nothing special but I hope you guys like it. :) Other several posts are already scheduled as well. Post about the REVAMP will get released on Monday and will become a public post after one day. So if you want to know in detail about the revamp, you could wait for it :) Don't forget to drop some likes/comments in Patreon as well so I could see that someone actually sees the post. :ROFLMAO: And Happy Holiday everyone~
Merry CHristmas to you, and let's hope to see this Revamp soon XD

4.40 star(s) 22 Votes