VN Ren'Py Undercover with Nora [Ep.1] [Inceton]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well shit. Inceton built this damn thing on RenPy 8.2.0 which is buggy as hell. They should have used 8.2.1 instead if 8.2 was the preference. Many of SanchoMod's features are broken by default with this crappy version but I'll see if I can circumvent the issues without too much time consumption...

mo69az

Jun 28, 2019
Undercover With Nora [Ep 1] [Inceston]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
I get this error when I try to open the game in joiplay, is there a way to fix it ?!

An uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load from archive custom_screens.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 496, in main
File "renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
File "renpy/script.py", line 785, in load_appropriate_file
Exception: Could not load from archive custom_screens.rpyc

Reactions: Aelth

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:ROFLMAO: What a mediocre preliminary attempt at writing replay gallery code for a VN after all these years... if you're going to swim in the deep end of the pool at least make a damn "End Replay" button instead of recycling the "Return" button... geez. I'll make a SanchoGallery and do it all correctly I reckon.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Teasers for my bud colombeen who I generally dedicate all these Inceton custom mods to (very bottom-right of Main Menu).

For you folks with OCD I bet my bottom dollar you noticed the UI menus are all out of center by noticeable increments left/right of center. I've resolved most of that (I rewrote almost every UI screen personally).

The normal Inceton VN features are being coded in such as SlutButton notifications (both audio/visual alerts like always) and if any LustTime pop up I'll resolve those via recode as well, etc. Currently I have all the UI recoded and all the UI features hooked in proper. Alt-character renaming cheats are done (yes, even Nora herself... cause I can). SanchoGallery is installed but not yet populated.

Till next progress update take care.

Edit: adding more teaser pics as I finish their development.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well Inceton, you have a rather massive "Bonus Code" bug.

I'll sort it in the pending SanchoMod myself but when the correct code is input the label called only changes the persistent variable. The problem is that the Slut/Angle/Nude button is seeking the conditional based on the non-persistent variable of "bonus_active" which is only set once... the very first time the Player fires up the VN (which it will default to False of course).

To correct the bug withing the label "Bonus_Content_Input" when you set the Episode persistent to True you should also set the "bonus_active" variable to True as well... otherwise the Slut/Angle/Nude button is permanently disabled with no resolution that can be made by the Player unless they start a band-new playthrough or hack your game. In other words if a save was made prior to the code being input then even if the code is input later and the Player loads one of those saves the button is broken. You should also do a check against the Episode persistent(s) within the Slut button code itself (and change the non-persistent variable as needed) so it's automated even for old saves loaded in.

Not good. Easy fix but major fubar.

Last edited:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The numbers don't lie, when developing lust theory they had nearly 3.5 - 4k patrons now its just over 2k.

very clearly something has to change at that studio. Flop after Flop and it's not the so called "ntr" you twats are just beta bitches who can't stand a girl showing another guy her big toe.

they need to fire whoever is writing their games and bring back the sleezy pervy MC's
> NTR enjoyer
> Calling others beta
20240312_015706.jpg

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
for the record I didn't bring up NTR I just voiced my distain at how studio has been pumping out dog shit ever since Lust theory finished.
Lust Theory is not finished, they are still developing and releasing the third (and last) season.
If you ask me, the numbers starting really droping when they go radio silent during a period in 2022-2023 i think, which they claimed was to "manage" some internal things of their studio and result in the abandonement of a FMC game they were developing, and mainly due to Summer with Mia 2/Returning to Mia being finished. Mia's games was their true jewel and once her story was finished most probably a lot of supporters who were sub just because of her, leave right after.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Lust Theory is not finished, they are still developing and releasing the third (and last) season.
If you ask me, the numbers starting really droping when they go radio silent during a period in 2022-2023 i think, which they claimed was to "manage" some internal things of their studio and result in the abandonement of a FMC game they were developing, and mainly due to Summer with Mia 2/Returning to Mia being finished. Mia's games was their true jewel and once her story was finished most probably a lot of supporters who were sub just because of her, leave right after.
As the writer of Returning to Mia, I wish I could say that was true, but no, it definitely had to with Lust Theory "ending". The massive drop in patrons aligns perfectly with the release of the last episode, while Mia continued on until late October 2023. What's interesting is that ever since plans changed and a season 3 of Lust Theory went ahead, the numbers haven't at all recovered from the drop, which says to me that those people who left pretty much just lost all interest in Inceton altogether.

Aug 18, 2019
As the writer of Returning to Mia, I wish I could say that was true, but no, it definitely had to with Lust Theory "ending". The massive drop in patrons aligns perfectly with the release of the last episode, while Mia continued on until late October 2023. What's interesting is that ever since plans changed and a season 3 of Lust Theory went ahead, the numbers haven't at all recovered from the drop, which says to me that those people who left pretty much just lost all interest in Inceton altogether.
The ending of season 2 of LT disappointed a lot of people.So they need to reconquer the public in season 3 but until now season 3 barely begin so lets see what will happen.And congratulations return to mia 2 87% on steam,people really liked the game.

Last edited:

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Finished this first ep now, got to say i find this game much more interesting than their other new game Lust Bound so far. And it certainly helps that Nora just might be one of the best looking characters they ever made IMO. Decent start on this one, hopefully it keeps up over time. One thing, to me it feels like Nora should be the MC and not the guy. But maybe this game has dual MC's, i would be fine with that. So far Nora is def taking the spotlight

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Joiplay crashes for me with both the compressed and normal versions.
Sigh... see here. It's most likely the RenPy version the VN is built with. It's a known very buggy release as briefly described in the tagged post I linked. My best guess is that it's the root of your issues as well.

Reactions: mo69az and Aelth
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes