VN Ren'Py Undercover with Nora [Ep.1] [Inceton]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Sigh... see here. It's most likely the RenPy version the VN is built with. It's a known very buggy release as briefly described in the tagged post I linked. My best guess is that it's the root of your issues as well.
I finished the episode and i only ever encountered one error in one scene with Nora when using the undress button or whatever it's called which is easily avoidable by just rolling back and not using the button in that scene. Not sure which exact scene it was

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I finished the episode and i only ever encountered one error in one scene with Nora when using the undress button or whatever it's called which is easily avoidable by just rolling back and not using the button in that scene. Not sure which exact scene it was
Damn, I didn't test every button (it's likely a missing or improper-named image file). I've just now finished SanchoMod for public release (working on creating the mod thread now), so that bug will likely be in the mod's release as well. We'll find it again sooner or later.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention though, sincerely.

Reactions: LoGyMW

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Damn, I didn't test every button (it's likely a missing or improper-named image file). I've just now finished SanchoMod for public release (working on creating the mod thread now), so that bug will likely be in the mod's release as well. We'll find it again sooner or later.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention though, sincerely.
I tracked it down for you, its when Nora is talking to MC on the couch as he's about to leave. She says ''Finally.'' I put the save for you

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I tracked it down for you, its when Nora is talking to MC on the couch as he's about to leave. She says ''Finally.'' I put the save for you
You can remove your save if you want (I don't need it tbh). Anyway, found the issue and it is indeed a fubar-named image file:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ep01.rpy", line 2485, in script
    no "Finally."
Exception: DynamicImage '[current_scene_name]_sa_1': could not find image. ('e1_574_sa_1')
I'll sort it in the mod (damnit, gotta rebuild the thing again :ROFLMAO:). I appreciate the hint of the location. For others wondering, it's this exact point:
1717938481472.png

Reactions: LoGyMW

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
You can remove your save if you want (I don't need it tbh). Anyway, found the issue and it is indeed a fubar-named image file:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ep01.rpy", line 2485, in script
    no "Finally."
Exception: DynamicImage '[current_scene_name]_sa_1': could not find image. ('e1_574_sa_1')
I'll sort it in the mod (damnit, gotta rebuild the thing again :ROFLMAO:). I appreciate the hint of the location. For others wondering, it's this exact point:
Np bud, happy to help. I don't mind leaving the save if anyone needs it. Appreciate all the hard work you do for us (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Inceton
Well Inceton, you have a rather massive "Bonus Code" bug.

I'll sort it in the pending SanchoMod myself but when the correct code is input the label called only changes the persistent variable. The problem is that the Slut/Angle/Nude button is seeking the conditional based on the non-persistent variable of "bonus_active" which is only set once... the very first time the Player fires up the VN (which it will default to False of course).

To correct the bug withing the label "Bonus_Content_Input" when you set the Episode persistent to True you should also set the "bonus_active" variable to True as well... otherwise the Slut/Angle/Nude button is permanently disabled with no resolution that can be made by the Player unless they start a band-new playthrough or hack your game. In other words if a save was made prior to the code being input then even if the code is input later and the Player loads one of those saves the button is broken. You should also do a check against the Episode persistent(s) within the Slut button code itself (and change the non-persistent variable as needed) so it's automated even for old saves loaded in.

Not good. Easy fix but major fubar.
Okay Inceton, Bug #2 as found by LoGyMW, see post here for exception error of improperly named image files.

It's obvious from the image naming that you placed the Slut button at the wrong spot than you originally intended (imo from analysis). The images in the archive all point to "e1_573", NOT "e1_574" but you have the Slut button code at 574 which is likely why you miss-named them. I believe they are named improper in the code and that the actual image file names are indeed correct as intended:
Python:
    scene e1_573
    with fade
    n "Not long after, you get off the couch..."
    mc "Anyhow, I better be going."
    scene e1_574
    with dissolve
    show screen s_angle_button_idle() # SanchoNote: image files reference e1_573 above, not e1_574 here, so all three Slut images referenced are named incorrectly in the code.
    no "Finally."
    $ hide_bonus()
So, fix the image naming references in the code by moving the Slut button call up one scene to e1_573... that looks like what you originally intended. I will do exactly this for the pending SanchoMod release but I can change the whole thing to scene e1_574 later if that's what you really intended (but I seriously doubt you did looking at the images themselves, they apply to scene e1_573 so the image files are indeed named correctly).

To summarize, simply moving the Slut button call up one scene fixes the whole mess, as seen here (fixed via SanchMod):
1717939486102.png 1717939522126.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked is coming...

(pending moderator approval of SanchoMod thread)

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
As the writer of Returning to Mia, I wish I could say that was true, but no, it definitely had to with Lust Theory "ending".
Stop being modest, man. Telling the truth doesn't make anyone sound arrogant, narcissistic, or whatever. The two Mia games you wrote are their best ones so far. Since you left the team they're struggling a lot in the story department, and it's ridiculous bullshit like Shackbang and Passion on Display that only prove my point... these guys know how to make good renders and gorgeous women, but lack creativity in the storytelling department, and don't get me started on their idiotic, wimpy MCs.

The only promising games they have so far are Lust Bound and maybe, a big maybe, Lust Theory S3, but I bet they somehow gonna fuck things up there too real soon. Life sucks when you an Inceton fan lol.

Shit! I downloaded the game just to be with the maid, and it's not even the MC who ends up with her.
You new to their games, huh ??;) But yeah, that and a few other clichés pretty much sum up Inceton's storytelling.

This guy is dumb. Not telling his girlfriend that someone else is in his house? What did he even think would happen?
And that gorgeous lil crazy piece of sweet latina ass is gone now, the player has no choice to prevent that. Great. Inceton's MC's stupidity is well-known among their fans, those fictional idiots need a very special tag of their own for this shit. That way, new players would know what they get themselves into by playing an Inceton game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Undercover with Nora - MultiMod Edition (Ep 1 Initial Release)
UWN_SM_Cover.jpg
Go get you some.
( simply click on the banner pic above )

UWN SM B01a1.jpg UWN SM B01a2.jpg UWN SM B01a5.jpg

Continuing the SanchoMod tradition of providing you with featuresets that are designed to improve your Inceton experience.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
The game is neither good nor bad, there were times when those who suffer from insomnia would be able to sleep peacefully.
The game may be moving towards a possible future sharing, perhaps Nora's boss wants to fuck her, in exchange he will offer one or two women to the MC,and since he's a jerk I don't think he'll refuse

Blossop

Jan 19, 2018
I installed the 1.20.500 version of Joiplay, and it uses several Ren'Py versions so different games can have a compatible version. Not sure when it'll be released to the public, but it's one dollar to sign up for Patreon. Haven't had any trouble with games since: this one, Headmaster, Monster College, etc.

Yuanshiwu

May 16, 2023
Can anyone help me? I played it on the JoiPlay emulator but it hasn't entered yet, but it has been thrown out

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes