3.40 star(s) 20 Votes

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
They however have a fair bit of content, let me run a scenario by you, someone waits for games to get past v0.6 before playing for a healthy bit of content and fap material, they spend 4-6 hours grinding down your game to see if maxing the stats will reveal some hidden variable just to gloomily realise its just got nothing worth a quick climax.
2 years later a basement dweller such as myself is looking for games and is aghast to see your game on v4.325.761.001, might be alright to play again but remembering the grind from last time if any demon is gonna drag you back into that html hellfire then it damn well better be called sugarcube, hour later most of the content that wasnt even seen last time has been skipped through just to find a decent scene and your games never touched again, hours of torturous editing down the drain because of this arbitrary piece of misinformation.
Not having a go mate but just healthy advice from a consumer, also SU and Love and Sex probs have good reasons for being on those numbers whereas yours are "arbitrary", did you not have a plan beforehand for what content needs adding and when or is the whole process arbitrarily done on a whim? do you expect patreons to trust you when you make decisions arbitrarily? do you also expect patreons when the above post is how you respond? maybe something to just take under the hood and stew over but what do i care i wont be coming back i just spent hours grinding for a paupers share of fap material
I guess I get your point, but the question I have is what has most of it to do with the dev? Are you saying that he should be worried about people who pirate his game might "waste their time" playing? Or that there are established norms on numbering that should not be subverted? That could be valid, but the game does have quite a bit of content. I guess I don't see the gravity of your point.

Reactions: KirkB

LutherGremory

Oct 4, 2017
I guess I get your point, but the question I have is what has most of it to do with the dev? Are you saying that he should be worried about people who pirate his game might "waste their time" playing? Or that there are established norms on numbering that should not be subverted? That could be valid, but the game does have quite a bit of content. I guess I don't see the gravity of your point.
I'm saying realistically this site may be for piracy but it definetly encourages patreons and they way he replied to the comment in my last quote was basically him saying I dont care what people think I'll do what I want which irked me also the established norms encourage patronage in my opinion I personally dont pay patronage to anyone anymore due to abandoned games and the dodgy version numbers and a lack of even so much as oral play for what he describes in game as "the 3 main characters" does not to me say the game has quite a bit of content.
Again I dont wish to argue it's just food for thought, simple constructive criticism, the only reason a lurker like myself even posted a comment was the lack of manners he showed when replying to an earlier comment about the version numbers as it just got too defensive too quick, hell even his reply to the back button being placed in got too defensive he basically asked for an example but then bombarded the commenter with reasons why he wont do it haha customer service is just severely lacking even if it is against a pirate.

Reactions: Buffalo Fred

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
I'm saying realistically this site may be for piracy but it definetly encourages patreons and they way he replied to the comment in my last quote was basically him saying I dont care what people think I'll do what I want which irked me also the established norms encourage patronage in my opinion I personally dont pay patronage to anyone anymore due to abandoned games and the dodgy version numbers and a lack of even so much as oral play for what he describes in game as "the 3 main characters" does not to me say the game has quite a bit of content.
Again I dont wish to argue it's just food for thought, simple constructive criticism, the only reason a lurker like myself even posted a comment was the lack of manners he showed when replying to an earlier comment about the version numbers as it just got too defensive too quick, hell even his reply to the back button being placed in got too defensive he basically asked for an example but then bombarded the commenter with reasons why he wont do it haha customer service is just severely lacking even if it is against a pirate.
Nah, fair enough. I don't like any sort of lack of civility from either side (dev or public). In this case, I guess I didn't read it as harshly as you did. Devs have a tough road, in that many commenters are not as civil as you while they absolutely crap on someone's work. And I have pulled support from many devs who did not produce the type of game I wanted. I just never shat on them while I left. So I get your point, thanks for being cool.

LutherGremory

Oct 4, 2017
Nah, fair enough. I don't like any sort of lack of civility from either side (dev or public). In this case, I guess I didn't read it as harshly as you did. Devs have a tough road, in that many commenters are not as civil as you while they absolutely crap on someone's work. And I have pulled support from many devs who did not produce the type of game I wanted. I just never shat on them while I left. So I get your point, thanks for being cool.
Yep I legit wanna eat up and vomit your last line back at you it was a fun parlay haha I also appreciate that you were being a really civil poster.

Pravitas

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2016
Hello everyone!

This week has been something else. Just when I thought the situation back at work was about to calm down, the End of the Month/Start of the Month madness happened and I've been drowned in chores. I've been steadily making progress, as I've already finished Rachel's Corruption Event. All that is left is to update her events to better reflect her corruption being at level 1.

I've also decided to delay the outside events for House Members. After I finish this update, I will be working hard on Version 1.0, i.e. Pravitas Level Up. The idea of this version is to advance the story, this means that MC will become more corrupted and lewder interactions will be possible. I believe that the amount of story should be somewhat equivalent to the Intro (around an hour or so if you don't rush it). And with that, I'll go back to focusing on finishing this update.

Expect it to release either tomorrow or on Tuesday at worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aufir and jhose15xs

Pravitas

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2016
Hello everyone! I would like to proudly present to you guys:

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What's in this version?

In this version you will be finally able to do Rachel's corruption quest! This marks the last thing (if we ignore Outside Events for Family) that was necessary before we move on with the story and allow the MC to become more corrupted (and the story to become lewder)! Most of the added events were proofread, but a few weren't, so if there's any typo, feel free to report it in my discord!

Another thing I would like to talk about is the feeling of "grindyness" . I do understand that, just because my spreadsheet shows me that the game isn't actually grindy, the reality is that it's only applied when someone is doing a full playthrough. If you just finished an update and you want to play the next update, it will feel grindy, because there's no way to skip days. As such, I've added a way to end the day. If you go into your room, there will now be an option to end your day. Hope that helps!

I would also like to give a shoutout to OldOtaku for helping with the test! Also, I'm sorry for the delay, for all of those that were expecting a release on Sunday.

What's next?

Next is the big update! I'm going to delay the Outside Events for later and just focused on getting Pravitas to Level 2. This event will be long and as such I expect that I will need at least two weeks to finish it. But rest assured that I'm certain that it will be release still in this month!

After next update, I will be adding a little something special for my Patreons! Anyone who's a Patreon will be allowed to vote on who will receive priority update! This will be the list:

Kelly
Anna
Sarah
Linda
Rachel
Vanessa
Outside Events (Family)

This poll will be open for ALL of my Patreons.

I don't really want to download your game, can I play it online?

Sure! You can play it online on my ! It will always be updated at the same time as I post this!

Is it free to play it online?

Yep! While you can support me by donating, it will always be free!

Where can I interact with other members, report bugs, give feedback and test the Beta Build?

You can always join my . If you wish to test Beta Builds, just apply for it.

Where can I support you?

If you want to support me, please use my ! I will much appreciate it!

How do I get an event into your game?

Everyone that becomes a $20 (1) or a $50 (3) supporter on my is able to request an event, that will then be added to the Kindle App.

Revan84

Aug 13, 2018
Thanks for adding the skip day button. I actually waited a few updates before continuing upto now exactly for that reason. Looking forward to the Pravitas evolution!

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
"We all think we’re going to be great. And we feel a little bit robbed when our expectations aren’t met. But, sometimes, our expectations sell us short. Sometimes, the expected simply pales in comparison to the unexpected. You got to wonder why we cling to our expectations. Because the expected is just what keeps us steady… standing… still. The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected… is what changes our lives.” Or when you go to take a Dump and only Fart :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LutherGremory

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Just found the game, and read the synopsis. Don't think I'll play it, but wanted to ask a question that cropped up: Is/was there an explanation for why you'd want to keep the parasite alive? Usually, the first thing people think about is removing the parasite, no?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Ok real talk here. Is there enough content at this point? I've played the first release and found it to be promising, but I really need the world to not feel empty in these types of games to enjoy it to any degree.

LutherGremory

Oct 4, 2017
Ok real talk here. Is there enough content at this point? I've played the first release and found it to be promising, but I really need the world to not feel empty in these types of games to enjoy it to any degree.
Nope try it in a few months, the pieces are there but the boards not set to the right game and it feels a little hollow but with any luck it could turn into a really good story.

LutherGremory

Oct 4, 2017
Just found the game, and read the synopsis. Don't think I'll play it, but wanted to ask a question that cropped up: Is/was there an explanation for why you'd want to keep the parasite alive? Usually, the first thing people think about is removing the parasite, no?
I could be wrong with some details but the parasite is symbiotic similar to Marvels Venom but its intricately wove itself into your genetic code to the point where one dies and both die or at least that's what the parasite tells you lol with some more decent updates it could actually be a really good game so I wouldn't rule it out unless it doesn't fit your kinks, the dev is still learning and his writings actually some of the most eloquent I've seen in HTML games so the story could be a real good one.

Reactions: Lurtz

VKKV

Jun 18, 2018
nope. played for hours. theres a couple bj's and like 1-2 fucking scenes. but its all rando's you wouldnt care about anyways. you cant do fuck all with the family unless you lose........which is stupid.

the version number is 100% meaningless.

this is one of those games where "you can only do a certain thing on a certain day" so like. if you wanna bang one girl but not another? you have to do it on monday. and the OTHER 6 days you're just > sleep > school > work >sleep. and working is about 90% pointless as there is no store or anything worthwhile to buy except to progress a quest. but im sure the dev will add some /need/ to do it just to make the game a tedious grind.

i mean you can go after others but. unless you go for a specific girl you cant even do things with 2 of'em. s'kinda stupid.

id pass on this unless you want the story.

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
So I played the game for a ~3 hours today and read through most of this thread.
Some feedback:

the structure of only being able to do the thing you want to do in 1 or maybe 2 timeslots throughout the entire week is extremely annoying. say for example, i have to raise Kelly's corruption to 9. i have to keep clicking on kelly's name all day or memorize the 2-3 specific events that add corruption per week and skip to those timeslots. And if i get carried away because i'm essentially droning on the "end your day" button, i can't go back because there's no rollback.

on this subject, the "end your day" button, while a welcome addition over having to go through the day, is clunky as it is imo. consider making it part of the sidebar and always accessible. and have it skip the "time to sleep..." section. that way with just 7 clicks we can advance the entire week if we're looking for specific events. at the moment even skipping days feels like a chore.

also consider making all the love+ and corr+ events a choice that gives you the one you're grinding for. for example a "caring" choice for love and a dickish one for corruption. that would alleviate a lot of grindiness imo.

in general try to reduce the number of click needed to do things. to view quests for example i have to click quests, then the character, then return twice. what if i clicked quests and it was just a list i could scroll up and down and then only click return once.
this might seem an insignificant detail but if you add up all the times you have to go in and out to check quests and relationship values, it really adds up.

oh also, have it scroll to top whenever you go to the next scene in an event. sometimes you have to scroll up to see the picture and read and then scroll down again. just include a scrollToTop() method when you change screens. surely there's already some implementation for that in twine/sugarcube

not trying to be a dick here, just some things i think would make the game more fun to actually interact with, without altering your chosen story structure

Reactions: Sanito

Pravitas

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2016
oh also, have it scroll to top whenever you go to the next scene in an event. sometimes you have to scroll up to see the picture and read and then scroll down again. just include a scrollToTop() method when you change screens. surely there's already some implementation for that in twine/sugarcube
What browser are you using? I've heard that people have that issue quite a few times. I will look up for an overall solution that doesn't require me to put scrollToTop() on every change.

Is there a way to continue from the last version or do we have to start over?
Your saves shouldn't be disappearing. But if it did on one version, but not the other, you can also "Save to Disk" and then "Load from Disk", otherwise you are deleating your browser's cache, and that is deleting the save.

Pravitas

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2016
I will try to fix it, but for now I recommend you play on Chrome. To transport save, just use the "Save to Disk" function and then use the "Load to Disk".

-edit-

I've been talking to Cyrus, and he came to the conclusion that it's a bug related to the way Firefox handles scrolling. So, what happens is that if you click the "Next" without going to the very bottom of the scroll, it will not scroll up.

I do have a fix for it:

Last edited:

Sanito

Jul 15, 2017
So the intro part of this game had me pretty excited for things. However, the first part of the game that's out so far can be frustrating, as several people have pointed out - When you need to raise a particular stat and can only do so on a certain day/time combo, basically you're just clicking around to make time go to roll back around. I'd suggest in the next section that basically anytime you interact with someone, you get a +corrupt or +lewd that can be triggered any time you interact. Justify the more public stuff with Pravitas getting stronger.

Story wise - Pravitas at level 1 seems to be able to make tinder dates willing to quickly jump our bones with minimal contact, but our family, who should be receiving fairly round the clock exposure to the pheremones seem to barely be escalating at all, same with our school mates and teacher. How many levels of this are you thinking to split it out into? Because if we're just getting down to (repeatable) oral by section 3, that's going to be painfully slow. Also, it seems kind of like things should work on an accelerating scale - If Pravitas powers up more the more we fuck, the farther we get people the faster they should get naked, making it easier to get more fuckpower.

As others have said, consider reducing the number of clicks - College Daze has a thing by which you can hotkey stuff to make choices, I'd really reccommend every HTML game dev implement this. But also in general, just reduce the number of times I have to click to get to the next thing I care about, which is a +stat with whichever girl I'm trying to corrupt next.

Reactions: Skyedge

Pravitas

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2016
Hello everyone! For version 1.0, I'm planning to improve the UI, but I would like your opinion on colors!

Reactions: jaboney
3.40 star(s) 20 Votes