VN HTML Abandoned Unforgettable Dinner [v2.03] [Xtryptic Studios]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Rokushiki

Aug 12, 2016
in the game files, there's a section where you can kiss kayleigh on the back of the neck. anyone know how to reach this in game?

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
2.jpg
Hi Jugar,

I couldn't reproduce the error. First there is the splash image, then a black screen with textual options and Start/Load buttons. When you hit start, scenes start coming.

When you hit start, scenes start appearing with the image in the left and the options on the right. There is a Settings button on top, the sponsor and the actions on bottom.

When you click settings, the game open a Modal (seems like a popup), and you close it on the X. In the Settings there are the sound controller, Save and Load options.

Your problem is having this Modal permanently opened or you wish to hide the actions?

Thank you
Hi MaxCarna:

Many many thanks for replying to me. I should have added that when I started the game it was with my PC offline from the internet. Yesterday I tried it with my PC connected to the internet (after posting for assistance) and had no issues. I then disconnected from the the internet and worked fine, however, today I tried again with the PC offline and the issue is back. Please note that I am using the Opera browser. I have attached 2 pictures of what I have encountered. Clicking on the x in the settings bar does nothing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I can start the game by pressing start a the bottom right (see last picture), however the settings overlay on the right hand half remains and obscures half the pictures.

Sorry for the full image posts, I am yet to learn how to upload files without showing their contents.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
regards

Last edited:

fr12rebel

Mar 6, 2018
View attachment 89427
Hi MaxCarna:

Many many thanks for replying to me. I should have added that when I started the game it was with my PC offline from the internet. Yesterday I tried it with my PC connected to the internet (after posting for assistance) and had no issues. I then disconnected from the the internet and worked fine, however, today I tried again with the PC offline and the issue is back. Please note that I am using the Opera browser. I have attached 2 pictures of what I have encountered. Clicking on the x in the settings bar does nothing.

View attachment 89428

View attachment 89427

I can start the game by pressing start a the bottom right (see last picture), however the settings overlay on the right hand half remains and obscures half the pictures.

Sorry for the full image posts, I am yet to learn how to upload files without showing their contents.

regards
I don't even see this!

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Hi MaxCarna:

regards
Hi Jugar,

I can see that the CSS is completely broken in the splash screen and in the first scene (they use completely different css files). Not only the css, in case of the modal, it is crashing even the html.

I will try to download Opera and investigate, I usually test only in the 3 major browsers: chrome, firefox and edge.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Hi Jugar,

I can see that the CSS is completely broken in the splash screen and in the first scene (they use completely different css files). Not only the css, in case of the modal, it is crashing even the html.

I will try to download Opera and investigate, I usually test only in the 3 major browsers: chrome, firefox and edge.
The game is loading a font, some CSS, and some Javascript over the Internet. It should break in every offline browser unless the resources are cached.

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
Hi Jugar,

Hi Maxcarna:

Sorry for not being technically minded, not sure what a CSS file is.

BTW, Same issue with Firefox and Chrome (as Bagger288 mentioned). The only difference is that whilst Opera works for a little while after going offline, Firefox and Chrome only work when online.

Once again many thanks for investigating this.

regards
Jugar

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Hi Maxcarna:

Sorry for not being technically minded, not sure what a CSS file is.

BTW, Same issue with Firefox and Chrome (as Bagger288 mentioned). The only difference is that whilst Opera works for a little while after going offline, Firefox and Chrome only work when online.

Once again many thanks for investigating this.

regards
Jugar
Jugar,

I downloaded Opera, cut it off the internet and opened index.html file and it worked. I make the code on a Linux machine, but use a Windows machine to test, this attached image is using Windows 10. My Windows doesn't have any kind of developer package. I'm also attaching the Opera version.

Opening the exported program I only found three references to internet addresses:

We can try to downloaded thoses packages, they are simple text files, but I never saw that before.

Let's try to see if your browser throws some error. Open the page, press CTRL+SHIFT+I it will open a righ panel. Then go to "console" tab and see it there are any error there. If there is nothing, you can reload the page with the panel opened.

I hope we can find what's happening.

MaxCarna

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Sound's fine now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
"", it. " -> I couldn't found.
expertely -> "She's expertely gulping down semen": I can't say what is wrong.
squeels -> "and she squeels in delight" changed to "and she squeals in delight"
breath in, -> "your breath in her ear": I can't say what is wrong.
pemantently -> "I didn't ruin things permantently" changed to "I didn't ruin things permanently"
thir -> "Her hands make thir way to your belt" change to "Her hands make their way to your belt"
just pass -> "facing the TV screen just pass your door" changed to "facing the TV screen just passing your door"
corner of your eyes -> "see tears appear at the corner of her eyes": I can't say what is wrong.
untennable -> "would turn into something untennable" changed to "would turn into something untenable"
cascade -> "her long athletic legs, the cascade of blonde hair": I can't say what is wrong.

"Trying to talk Kayleigh down ends with her mom watching TV... and then soon afterwards coming to watch TV."
I found on scene "On yeah, it is; let me talk to her" it says "Jen takes a seat on the couch and starts flipping through channels." and then on scene "I am, I am!" it says "Jen joins you after a while, and soon after that". Also in scene "No, you're too young, Kayleigh." it says again "Soon after, Jen comes into the room and soon after that".
This one I will need to ask the writer, is a continuation failure.

"Error: scene "NoYouReTooYoungKayleigh01" not found."
I found in the last "Start with a word" scene, the right id is "NoYouAreTooYoungKayleigh01".

Thank your very much, Bagger

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
Jugar,

I downloaded Opera, cut it off the internet and opened index.html file and it worked. I make the code on a Linux machine, but use a Windows machine to test, this attached image is using Windows 10. My Windows doesn't have any kind of developer package. I'm also attaching the Opera version.

Opening the exported program I only found three references to internet addresses:

We can try to downloaded thoses packages, they are simple text files, but I never saw that before.

Let's try to see if your browser throws some error. Open the page, press CTRL+SHIFT+I it will open a righ panel. Then go to "console" tab and see it there are any error there. If there is nothing, you can reload the page with the panel opened.

I hope we can find what's happening.

MaxCarna

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
I have some committment for the next few hours. I'll try this later and get back to you.
I am in the Oceania Region and the time difference gets in the way unfortunately.

Thank you

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I have some committment for the next few hours. I'll try this later and get back to you.
I am in the Oceania Region and the time difference gets in the way unfortunately.

Thank you
Jugar,

I got it! I killed bootstrap.min.css from my cache, cut the internet and my game start to look just like yours even in Chrome.

It was easy to download all files but took me a while figuring out how angular application could include them. Now it's done, I have a file completely offline.

I will wait a little to see if other errors come out, like those Bagger pointed and then release a new download.

Reactions: JugarComica

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
"", it. " -> I couldn't found.
expertely -> "She's expertely gulping down semen": I can't say what is wrong.
breath in, -> "your breath in her ear": I can't say what is wrong.
just pass -> "facing the TV screen just pass your door" changed to "facing the TV screen just passing your door"
corner of your eyes -> "see tears appear at the corner of her eyes": I can't say what is wrong.
cascade -> "her long athletic legs, the cascade of blonde hair": I can't say what is wrong.

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
Jugar,

I got it! I killed bootstrap.min.css from my cache, cut the internet and my game start to look just like yours even in Chrome.

It was easy to download all files but took me a while figuring out how angular application could include them. Now it's done, I have a file completely offline.

I will wait a little to see if other errors come out, like those Bagger pointed and then release a new download.
Hi MaxCarna:

I was preparing a reply and working on seeing what errors the browser picked up as suggested by you when I saw that you reproduced the problem. Anyway below is my planned reply. It is associated with the browser history it seems and confirms your findings

Regards
Jugar

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your continued assistance.

Firstly my Opera Browser version matches yours.
This is what I did going back to the very basics.

I cleared my Browser (Opera) history
I opened the index.html file and came across 5 https URLs. These are:

The three quoted by you:

two additional ones.

With the PC offline as expected I could not access any of the URLs. Browser informed me of no internet connection.
Sorry for stating the obvious, with the PC online I could access all 5 URLs.

I then went offline and started the game using Opera and works OK with the start screen as shown in your last post picture.
I could also access the contents of the 3 URLs you quoted but only one of the 2 additional ones.

Could not access this one -

As expected clearing the browser history and starting the game brought the problem back.

You mentioned that I could try to download the text files linked by your three quoted URLs. However, what name should give to these files and
where should they be saved. I used the default download name given which are:

css.css for the
bootstrap.min.css for the
bootstrap.min.js for the

I saved the 3 files in the root game folder and when offline with the browser history cleared, the problem remained.

Sorry to continue to ask for assistance, I gues this is becoming academic and perhaps I should simply play the game only when online.

I also tried Firefox and as far as I can tell as long as the 3 URLs are in the web browser history the offline game play is OK. Clearing the browsing history or having the browsing history cache full introduces the problem.

Many thanks.
regards

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Very nice!
  • I solved the double quotes searching all ocurrencies in the project.
  • expertely -> expertly. Google translator betrayed me, showing that they were two valid words. Expertly was translated like "ably" and expertely like "with experience". But there is no mention to "expertely" outside the translator.
  • breath in -> breathe in; got it!
  • just pass / just passing -> I changed it.
  • corner of her eyes -> got it two.
  • cascade; her hair is in a bun and cannot cascade. I would never catch that, is about the hair style, not the grammar. This phrase will need to be reformulated.
I guess I never paid so much attention in a game, really thank you for your time.

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Hi MaxCarna:

I was preparing a reply and working on seeing what errors the browser picked up as suggested by you when I saw that you reproduced the problem. Anyway below is my planned reply. It is associated with the browser history it seems and confirms your findings

Regards
Jugar

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your continued assistance.
I got the 5 occurrences.

I thought that only changing the location on the index.html would solve, but Angular is a little tricker. I had to put them in the Asset folder, to compile together with the app, so he could recognize.

I'm who thank you, this problem was probably happening since version 0.01 and nobody ever complained. It will be good from now on.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Google translator betrayed me
Never rely on Google Translator for correctness: it's purely statistical, and so beyond understanding mistyped words, it will occasionally produce wildly incorrect translations if it doesn't have enough data to draw from. It's likely also vulnerable to google-bombing, though I don't know if people actually do that.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes