Nahte123456

Nov 16, 2017
I feel it's a bit early to really give a complete thoughts on this. I have quite a few issues but most I imagine will be ironed out as the game goes on. Stuff like impossible sex positions, Claw somehow had her dick in MC's vagina, and MC's dick in her ass, from behind for instance.
My only real 2 big things I hope get fixed are combat accuracy and making it more clear why people won't talk to you. On combat, I tried Draining Kiss like 20 times in a row one battle and couldn't hit at all, so next fight I tried using Tease, Taunt, or Freeze Feet but still took multiple tries for each to hit and still couldn't land Draining Kiss when I tried nor Pounce. I get my Agility was low but that felt just to much.
Oh and for talking, I kept trying to talk to Claw but it didn't work until the fight from what I can tell. Wasted more time then needed because I thought I had to just stay in the same area with her.

But those really are relatively minor things I figure will be fixed as time goes on. The characters and interactions make up for those 10X over.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Oh and for talking, I kept trying to talk to Claw but it didn't work until the fight from what I can tell. Wasted more time then needed because I thought I had to just stay in the same area with her.
Claw and Ate both start with zero interest in socializing for story reasons, Claw is only intended to be socialized with after the first fight.

Maybe the game could be more explicit with it, but the -50 malus to her desire to talk before the story progresses is meant to be an insurmountable hurdle.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
It’s the magical monstergirl battle fuck hypnotic corruption BDSM hermaphrodite polycule fantasy that anyone with taste can’t help but appreciate.
Glad to see someone who speaks my language.

You make plenty of suggestions and criticisms that would take me far more time to reply than I'd like to spare. Some areas are designed the way they are because they make for a more consistent player experience overall or have reasons to be that I'm going to spend the whole morning explaining, so I'll focus to the two issues that could perhaps lead to a more useful discussion.

The sex scenes need a way to make the extras in an orgy more active when the ‘lead’ system limits continuing actions to one character at a time, and a way to more easily initiate 3p or get extras involved in CA with partners when they don’t have the lead.
Alright, then propose specific mechanical changes that achieve that without scenes devolving into each character constantly breaking positions to get their way and their way specifically.

Lastly, while I do enjoy your world building, characterizations, and storytelling, I feel like the strongest element brewing in this game is the emergent storytelling made possible by the character AI/desires and the player’s ability to influence it through seduction and combat. While there’s a sharp limit on how many ‘paths’ and ‘endings’ you can write into something like this formally, RNG can create an enormous amount of engaging content just through the day-to-day interactions of the candidates. Alliances forming between lovers and collapsing through NTR, collecting a harem of submissives, only to have one grow jealous of the others and turn on you, submitting to a bull futa while biding time to slip a cage on her and turn the tables—those are stories that write themselves as the accumulation of points and random numbers play out. Ironically, the plot of the game actually gets in the way of enjoying that emergent storytelling experience by forcing you into the framework of the formal narrative. So, I would recommend, once you get the story sorted out to your satisfaction, adding a bonus ‘battle royale’ mode on some kind of arena map without any story breaks and with the narrative-essential balancing elements such as bondage and servitude relief removed. Let the character’s personalities be randomized (or customized), scatter resources across the map, allow the setting of bondage traps or ambushes, have monsters roam the map as wildcards, I think it would have a ton of potential as an alternative game mode.
Some players have a marked preference for the emergent gameplay systems while others prefer the narrative, and by this time I've just assumed that I'll always have players who want me to focus more on one or the other. The mindset that is going to allow you to enjoy Unholy Arts the most is that where you accept that both are core parts of the game that complement each other.

I'm trying to set clear limits on how much more mechanical depth Unholy Arts is going to get because both Twine limitations and some core elements of the code are already screeching, to the point that a substantial amount of work in the last couple of months went towards fixing bugs and optimize the code to avoid future issues with the implementation of the content incoming for 0.4.X. While I do have ideas, the will and plans on how to expand the design foundations of the emergent gameplay systems, they would fit the best in a new, different project coded in an actual game engine, which, as you'll understand, isn't going to happen in a long time since Unholy Arts is still very far from finished.

A very different thing would be repurposing the already existing code of Unholy Arts to create a sandbox, letting players use predetermined characters or giving them the tools to customize the characters present in the simulation. I had plans to dedicate small amounts of work into this from time to time to make a small spin-off in parallel, but I'm already frustrated enough on how slow Unholy Arts is progressing, and my productivity has declined since my health issues didn't really get fixed, so focusing on anything other than Unholy Arts at the moment isn't an option. Perhaps in the future.

Stuff like impossible sex positions, Claw somehow had her dick in MC's vagina, and MC's dick in her ass, from behind for instance.
You have an option in the settings that allows you to disable these occurrences. They're enabled by default as the result of a poll in Patreon.

My only real 2 big things I hope get fixed are combat accuracy and making it more clear why people won't talk to you. On combat, I tried Draining Kiss like 20 times in a row one battle and couldn't hit at all, so next fight I tried using Tease, Taunt, or Freeze Feet but still took multiple tries for each to hit and still couldn't land Draining Kiss when I tried nor Pounce. I get my Agility was low but that felt just to much.
There are plenty of combat actions that you aren't meant to use unless the target has very few chances of evading them. If you're sharing a position with someone (this is, after pouncing on them or getting pounced on), many of these actions, such as draining kiss, succeed automatically. At the start of the combat, you should focus on actions that provoke buffs or debuffs or erode the opponents' control. It'd also be best if you focused on actions that use the stats you're focusing on to land: don't throw many kicks if you aren't raising your agility / don't use a lot of freeze feet if you aren't raising your intelligence or will. Because new players aren't expected to learn what stats they should be raising from the start of the game, you have one chance to respec some stats in the Stars Tower, but there's a time limit on it.

As manscout commented, Ate and Claw cannot be talked to until they're enabled through the story, but even afterwards you might that characters could refuse either due to their mood or the current period. If they recently had a verbal fight, it's likely that they'll reject conversations because they'll be angry. The best moment to start conversation is the start of the socialization period.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Blanck and Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Claw and Ate both start with zero interest in socializing for story reasons, Claw is only intended to be socialized with after the first fight.

Maybe the game could be more explicit with it, but the -50 malus to her desire to talk before the story progresses is meant to be an insurmountable hurdle.
I will say, although I'm not suggesting it should actually be done cause it would require extensive rewrites, it would be pretty funny if there was a way to somehow pique Claw's interest (read as her desire to get her hands on the player character) beforehand to the point where she can't help herself but jump at the player like the mean kitty she is. :censored::LOL:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeepInteractivity

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
I feel it's a bit early to really give a complete thoughts on this. I have quite a few issues but most I imagine will be ironed out as the game goes on. Stuff like impossible sex positions, Claw somehow had her dick in MC's vagina, and MC's dick in her ass, from behind for instance.
there's an option you need to modify to disable this behaviour (i don't know why this isn't disabled by default)

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
Alright, then propose specific mechanical changes that achieve that without scenes devolving into each character constantly breaking positions to get their way and their way specifically.
maybe a "ask permission to current leader to do X" action, with the added effect of extending the current lead if accepted

Reactions: leoness360

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Does the content end after going back to the temple from the gleaming caverns? Been playing till month 4 and nothing is happening.
You have a few new events that can only be triggered after returning from the gleaming caverns, but after that the content is over, the second expedition hasn't been made yet.

thatguyoverthere

Oct 17, 2017
This game looks like it has a LOT of potential and is definitely something I think I'll be looking at again when it's more complete. I got a question though, besides the initial futa tf at the start of the game is there any other tfs? You got all these interesting species at play but protag's a boring ol human and I was hoping that can be changed during the course of the game.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
I got a question though, besides the initial futa tf at the start of the game is there any other tfs?
At the moment, there are minor transformation options where you're able to change other characters' genitals, or change the player character's face or her gender. There are planned transformations for the player character to Beastkin, Leirien, Shapeshifter and Aiishen, but they're chronologically a bit far away, since the character performing these transformations is still learning.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
UnholyArts-0.4.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
a new upodate, nice!

cant wait for the time when char specific sprites will be used during sex scenes.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
I have to admit, when I first read that there will be an event for getting all virginities I was rather disinterested.
Having now read the latest changelog... I think I'll have to strategize how to get that event :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: DeepInteractivity

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
For the scene after getting all the virginities, do you need the penis virginities too?
You need either of A) All of the other Candidates' vaginal virginities, B) All of the other Candidates' penile virginities, or C) Nash's, Mir's, Ate's and Claw's tribbing virginities.

• Red Heart
Reactions: loligarden

Wyrtyn

Nov 7, 2022

[/QUOTE]

You are very unlikely to hit someone's strong stat(say claw physical stats) with a weak stat. Most actions have a to hit and damage formula in a tooltip, and usually you either wanna play to your strength or to the opponents weakness as any given ability takes into account choice stats of both you and them. Swinging with a bad stat against a good stat is a guaranteed fail.

Draining kiss is a pretty powerful ability if you invest stats and you can legitimately just lifesteal your way through many battles with it. Alternative really easy build is resilience with anything else that can target control. Idea is nuke control fast, do cold guts, then pounce and end it in 2-3 thrusts. There's lots of other viable builds, and you will probably find most builds have easy and hard match-ups. It's a pretty neat system if you wanna take a bit of time to work with it. Alternatively when you start a game you can set difficulty to easy in settings which gives you more stats and stat growth and lets you have a lot of leeway with how efficient you are building as a result. Hard is also pretty playable but you need to know the system.

francisdrake

Feb 21, 2019
It'd be nice if choices could be moved above conversation math at some point. The math is useful if you are trying to get to something specific but if you are spamming options to just increase friendship and gain experience having to scroll down because there's 6 people in the conversation is a drag.

Reactions: sbarabaus
4.30 star(s) 23 Votes