Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
and then edit it to:

Code:
State.variables.sc.continuedActions.push(createCaHoldArms("chPlayerCharacter",["chClaw"]));
It should be compatible with your current save file, hopefully you may still have a save from the previous night!
Ahh, brackets. Miss one and the whole thing doesn't work. A simple mistake to fix as well.

BoopRick

Sep 1, 2017
Windows 10 keeps calling this game a virus for some reason. I tried all 3 download links but all of the downloads end with "Failed - Virus detected".
Note : I don't actually think this game is a virus because a bunch of other people seem to have no problems and there are no mention of a virus, but if it's not too much trouble I would appreciate it if someone told me if the problem was with my system or if I need to wait for an update/hotfix to this game before trying it out. screenshot.jpg

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Would it be possible to play (and enjoy) the game while ignoring the main objective of becoming the high priestess? Basically, my MC couldn't care less about the position; she is in it for the journey, not the destination. But I'm worried that the goal here is to "win", no matter what, and for that we have to "min-max" to get there.

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
Would it be possible to play (and enjoy) the game while ignoring the main objective of being the high priestess? Basically, my MC couldn't care less about the position; she is in it for the journey, not the destination. But I'm worried that the goal here is to "win", no matter what, and for that we have to "min-max" to get there.
It's perfectly possible! It's common for players to focus on their relationship with another character, to sub for another Candidate, or to wreak havoc and dominating everyone else, instead of maximizing merit. In fact, the personality of some characters and their AI parameters are designed to have different priorities other than just winning. If you don't want to min-max, I recommend playing on easy.

Reactions: IvoryOwl

Bobha

Jun 28, 2017
Great game! One thing IMO this game would benefit from is sex fetish (or sex focus) system for NPC. For now it mostly looks like just random selection of sex actions in encounters. Would be great if NPC had some preferences based on their goals or customizable favorite actions/positions.

r3i97dan2

Nov 16, 2018
I like the art and the story and the concept as a whole... enough to think it a real shame that the sex scenes, if you can call them that, are close to the least erotic thing I've ever seen. If I look I can probably find actual spreadsheets that are more arousing. It's one thing if a dry numbers game is applied to simulated combat, but I think it's really off-putting when it's used to describe the outcome of sexual encounters (especially when terms like "damage" are lifted wholesale). This is a shame because, to me, it ruins what would otherwise be something interesting and unusual (well, less usual than most of the games anyway).

If the "combat" isn't going to be reworked entirely (and I'm realistic enough to know that it probably isn't going to be), at least consider layering something over it that hides the dry, clinical exactness in favor of something more engaging and/or reduces the length of each encounter to de-emphasize the mechanical nature. For example, you could chop at least 2 digits off every number, add named buckets ("strong/high/powerful" rather than just "72.65"), and remove exceedingly unsexy words like "commit", "target", "damage" and "cancel". This layer can be an option if necessary, I'm not out to ruin the fun of the min-maxers (although I should think they have plenty of games to scratch their itch already...) And no, this isn't the same as easy mode -- the issue is immersion, not difficulty.

I can only speak for myself, but I can immerse myself far more with "oh I guess I wasn't nice enough to her yet" rather than "ah I see my seduction stat is 2.34 units too low on average, I shall click this button here 5 times, which should fix it -- ah yes yes, now my number is bigger than yours indeed, you shall be royally boned, and by that I mean my lust damage increases" -- even if the actual mechanics are the same under water. Somewhere between a "pick A or B" kind of interactive story and a hard number-crunching simulator must be some sort of happier mean than what the game is currently offering.

Even without changing the system at all there's probably low-hanging fruit that could increase immersion without removing the min-maxy stuff. A description like "The gentle Leirien masturbated Mir's breasts. Padmiri received 2.00 lust damage" offers the worst of both worlds -- using three different ways to describe the same person in one passage is something a novice writer would do because they've been told repetition is bad, and then that's married to the unsexy outcome of lust damage. Even without changing the numbers at all, this could become "Padmiri masturbates her breasts. [Mir: -2.00 lust]" -- i.e. make the descriptions as natural as possible, even if the code has to be more involved to do this, and separate the mechanics so they don't disrupt the narrative. A second person option would also be nice -- don't call me, the player, by my name in scenes, as this removes me from the action; using "you" and "your" and "myself" is fine (I say option because I can imagine other people prefer third person, the weirdos).

OK, long post and it looks pretty critical now that I reread it but it all comes from a place of love, I promise. :)

Edit: "lust" seems to be the wrong way around in any case -- it should start at 0 and increase to a cap as lustful things are done, instead of starting high and getting "damaged", leading to a climax when it's 0 (no lust?) The rigid mechanics are really showing there, it reminds me of THAC0 instead of armor.

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
a real shame that the sex scenes, if you can call them that, are close to the least erotic thing I've ever seen. If I look I can probably find actual spreadsheets that are more arousing. (...)
OK, long post and it looks pretty critical now that I reread it but it all comes from a place of love, I promise. :)
It must be true that love hurts :p

In my experience playing games with dynamically generated sex scenes, the descriptions of the actions are nice the first few times you come accross them. After that, the interest in how it's written falls hard and fast in favor of what's happening. The longer you play, the more common it is for the eyes to jump to the relevant pieces of information, which, depending on the player, might be: "What have the other characters done?", "What effects did my choices have?", or, in other games, "What are the other characters saying?". The format of the color and text are intended to structure the text neatly so that the player learns to do this fast, at the lowest possible effort for them.

As you say, there are a lot of possible ways to improve the text, some less work-intensive, such as adding extra alternate descriptions, and some more work-intensive, such as modifying the code to make it self-aware enough of which characters have already been mentioned for it to write "herself" instead of "The gentle Leirien"/"Mir"/"Padmiri", but this isn't the top priority because it'd require far too much time of work to compete in areas that other games and media do better, time which I could use instead to focus on the strengths of Unholy Arts. Dynamically generated text is several decades away from beating a talented writer at writing beautifully crafted narrative descriptions that never bore the reader, but no novel is going rewrite itself to make its characters react to the desires and decisions of its reader.

Adding an option to hide the spreadsheet reports is possible, but not a priority. Adding more narrative descriptions at certain places is a better suggestion and I'll work on it soon, thanks for the suggestion.

Is it just me or does no character seem to care about loosign their virginity at all?
Not yet! This will receive more attention before version 0.3.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

r3i97dan2

Nov 16, 2018
In my experience playing games with dynamically generated sex scenes, the descriptions of the actions are nice the first few times you come accross them. After that, the interest in how it's written falls hard and fast in favor of what's happening. The longer you play, the more common it is for the eyes to jump to the relevant pieces of information, which, depending on the player, might be: "What have the other characters done?", "What effects did my choices have?", or, in other games, "What are the other characters saying?". The format of the color and text are intended to structure the text neatly so that the player learns to do this fast, at the lowest possible effort for them.
If that's your goal the text is arguably too nice still - I have to click, what, 10, 20 times before a "battle" finishes, all while skipping "scenes" that are mostly the same few sentences describing 1.64 lust damage or whatnot, but have just enough variation and spacing that I'm still distracted by reading them? You could even whittle this down to an auto-skip for the trivial one-on-one encounters, probably (as in, compare stats, estimate odds, flip coin -- players who care can still do the full battle). I agree that you typically quickly learn to gloss over generated scenes because they're not interesting -- I'm fine with not seeing uninteresting things in the first place, if they can't be made interesting. :)

As you say, there are a lot of possible ways to improve the text, some less work-intensive, such as adding extra alternate descriptions, and some more work-intensive, such as modifying the code to make it self-aware enough of which characters have already been mentioned for it to write "herself" instead of "The gentle Leirien"/"Mir"/"Padmiri", but this isn't the top priority because it'd require far too much time of work to compete in areas that other games and media do better, time which I could use instead to focus on the strengths of Unholy Arts. Dynamically generated text is several decades away from beating a talented writer at writing beautifully crafted narrative descriptions that never bore the reader, but no novel is going rewrite itself to make its characters react to the desires and decisions of its reader.
Yeah, I wasn't proposing that you become the pioneer for interactively generated novels or even that you surpass anything else, just that the game (or rather the "combat", the rest is fine) could be a little less off-putting. As I gather "not top priority" tends to be designer-speak for "I don't see the need for this and I'm not doing it", which I fully respect. You're doing the work, not me, and you should do what you like doing. :)

Reactions: kossk

Fishface

Apr 28, 2017
My only real complaint is that you have to click things way too much when you don't actually have control. I understand the point of being tutored is that you willingly gave up your agency in order to gain increased benefits, but it's annoying when the person you are being tutored by does not train you in the things you want to get trained in, and I understand that being a servant is an obvious punishment, but it is still annoying that you have to spend a couple of days hitting 'continue'. Also, if you don't take part in the fight between Nash and Claw, you just kinda hit the continue button over and over until it ends, which is kinda boring.

Other than that, it combines all my major fetishes and I enjoy the characters, so that's nice. It does kinda seem to have the problem where everyone after combat opens up constantly walks around in giant groups either via subservience or the 'follow' action, but that does seem logical, so I guess it's okay. Also could really use a map to figure out where to go for certain stat increases.

Reactions: cvbn28c

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
My only real complaint is that you have to click things way too much when you don't actually have control. I understand the point of being tutored is that you willingly gave up your agency in order to gain increased benefits, but it's annoying when the person you are being tutored by does not train you in the things you want to get trained in, and I understand that being a servant is an obvious punishment, but it is still annoying that you have to spend a couple of days hitting 'continue'. Also, if you don't take part in the fight between Nash and Claw, you just kinda hit the continue button over and over until it ends, which is kinda boring.

Other than that, it combines all my major fetishes and I enjoy the characters, so that's nice. It does kinda seem to have the problem where everyone after combat opens up constantly walks around in giant groups either via subservience or the 'follow' action, but that does seem logical, so I guess it's okay. Also could really use a map to figure out where to go for certain stat increases.
Map:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/09/824553_unholy_arts_-_Copia.png

Reactions: LonelyMusha

tigerlady360

Dec 17, 2018
is there a cheat menu or something i can access by chance, i like the options of having more control of certain interactions in games like this. I like what ive seen so far

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I really enjoyed this game, loved the characters and the writing, looking forward to future updates.

I ran into an edge case that maybe the dev hasn't adressed yet, character A gets character B and the player to follow them (for the player it is just as a favor, no servitude), character A initiates a conversation with character B and the player, during the conversation character A successfully invites character B for sex, the player seems to get dragged along and forced into the sex scene without any prompts (and in my case the player was forced into a submissive role, not sure if the relationship between Character A and Character B was that of servitude or if they agreed to sex where Character A is the top or if the "leading" mechanic just doesn't work for scenes with more than 2 people).

Edit: Nvm, the leading mechanic was working fine and it was sex on equal terms, I just didn't notice it.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
tigerlady360 There is a Cheat Menu, but it only exists in the Supporter version, to which Patrons have access to. It has options to edit the protagonists' stats, genitals, gender and relationship parameters. In a future version it will also include options to edit special relationships and items, which were just recently added on version 0.2.6.

manscout Glad to know everything is working fine :p

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
manscout Glad to know everything is working fine :p
The sex scene itself was working fine, but I think that following someone that initiates a sex scene with someone else shouldn't force you to join the sex scene (unless you're their servant or pupil), and there wasn't a prompt to stop following and escape before the sex scene started. Feels like that could be exploited to indirectly get sex scenes with characters that normally wouldn't go for it by just getting the leader of the party to initiate it.

If its by design, I can accept that, but I thought it could be an oversight.

TheLlamaGuy

Aug 4, 2018
is there a cheat menu or something i can access by chance, i like the options of having more control of certain interactions in games like this. I like what ive seen so far
For most games like this, if you know what you're doing you can use the console in your web browser. I think there are save editors you can use on offline saves as well. But the easiest of course is the provided cheat menu provided in the supporter version.

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes