Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52 can you check whats he problem?

Using your mod alot but today i have a problem, previous update was working fine but now using 1.14.1 on https://f95zone.to/threads/sunshine-love-ch-2-v0-06-extras-mrdots-games.49330/ Ch. 2 v0.06+walkthrough mod i got this at start:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 222, in <module>
TypeError: 'LabelOverridesSwitch' object does not support item assignment

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
  File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 197, in script
  File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 197, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 222, in <module>
TypeError: 'LabelOverridesSwitch' object does not support item assignment

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Sunshine Love CH2 0.06
Mon May  1 05:13:31 2023
its the wt mod

Reactions: 0x52 and Belzeebub$

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Was thinking the same, thanks!
you maybe can try older versions of urm

but im sure its the wt mod - because they change game files
thats why im only using urm - its not changing game files /scripts

Reactions: tania

tania

Jun 30, 2017
you maybe can try older versions of urm

but im sure its the wt mod - because they change game files
thats why im only using urm - its not changing game files /scripts
I just removed the wt mod and now its fine, funny that wt mod was working fine with previous update.
EDIT: after all it was the incest patch that was causing the problem! now is working with wt mod!

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I just removed the wt mod and now its fine, funny that wt mod was working fine with previous update.
EDIT: after all it was the incest patch that was causing the problem! now is working with wt mod!
glad it worked out
enjoy the game - its a good one

Ai Shoujo Fan

Jan 3, 2022
0x52

Any chance you can test to see if URM works with Evergreen Valley? https://f95zone.to/threads/evergreen-valley-v0-4-blackphoenixst.142559/post-10174329 I am always having some sort of problem with URM. One problem is if I install a game to like here: "E:\003 Adult Games\Game Folder Containing Spaces", I can't unpack anything unless I both a.) rename it to not include spaces like abc and b.) I think I also have to move it to "E:\" instead of "E:\003 Adult Games\" This has happened to me dozens of times. Another problem is that I always rename the URM to (universal renpy mod Alt M).rpa and I put it in the /game folder but if it's an outdated version and I update the version from inside the game it seems to break everything and then it's nonstop error messages anytime I try to example: rename a character. But even though Evergreen Valley broke like that, I deleted the entire game folder, entire Roaming > Renpy > game folder and did a fresh install and it's still not working. So maybe in this game it's just the game not wanting to work with URM? I can see that happening, but was wondering if someone who knows what they are doing can test it to see if it works in case I am wrong.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I am always having some sort of problem with URM. One problem is if I install a game to like here: "E:\003 Adult Games\Game Folder Containing Spaces", I can't unpack anything... Another problem is that I always rename the URM to (universal renpy mod Alt M).rpa ...
You keep bringing up the "folder name contains spaces" bug, which I already replied to last time -- there's no such bug! And you don't need to "unpack" anything for URM to work. And why do you keep renaming URM itself? Let's break it down...

Here's what I've just tested: I've just installed the current version of Evergreen Valley to E:\003 Adult Games\Game Folder Containing Spaces\EvergreenValley-0.4-pc, put version 1.14 of URM into the "game" subfolder -- and voila! URM works perfectly fine!

1683094653152.png

So: no issues with spaces in the folder name, no issues with URM itself. Let's also try your "rename URM" to (universal renpy mod Alt M).rpa thing... And guess what: URM still works, and renaming characters does not produce any errors.

1683095677530.png 1683095171929.png

So again: no issues with URM, no issues with spaces in folder names, no issues with a renamed URM file.

You know what broke your game? The Walkthrough Mod you linked to instead of the game! If I install the WT mod and then try to use URM, it kinda works, but if I try to rename characters I also get an error. Blame the author of the WT mod, and not 0x52 or URM ;)

Pro tip (not just for you, but to everybody using URM):
  • Always test the original, unmodified version of a game with the latest, unmodified version of URM first
    (aka "the intended way on how to use URM").
  • If you want to modify the game (like unpacking it, adding different mods etc.) -- do it one step at a time, and see if URM still works. That way you know exactly what is breaking your game, because it might not be URM!

Ai Shoujo Fan

Jan 3, 2022
You keep bringing up the "folder name contains spaces" bug, which I already replied to last time -- there's no such bug! And you don't need to "unpack" anything for URM to work. And why do you keep renaming URM itself? Let's break it down...

Here's what I've just tested: I've just installed the current version of Evergreen Valley to E:\003 Adult Games\Game Folder Containing Spaces\EvergreenValley-0.4-pc, put version 1.14 of URM into the "game" subfolder -- and voila! URM works perfectly fine!

So: no issues with spaces in the folder name, no issues with URM itself. Let's also try your "rename URM" to (universal renpy mod Alt M).rpa thing... And guess what: URM still works, and renaming characters does not produce any errors.

So again: no issues with URM, no issues with spaces in folder names, no issues with a renamed URM file.

You know what broke your game? The Walkthrough Mod you linked to instead of the game! If I install the WT mod and then try to use URM, it kinda works, but if I try to rename characters I also get an error. Blame the author of the WT mod, and not 0x52 or URM ;)

Pro tip (not just for you, but to everybody using URM):
  • Always test the original, unmodified version of a game with the latest, unmodified version of URM first
    (aka "the intended way on how to use URM").
  • If you want to modify the game (like unpacking it, adding different mods etc.) -- do it one step at a time, and see if URM still works. That way you know exactly what is breaking your game, because it might not be URM!

I don't appreciate the lecture or the attitude. But thank you for testing it out and figuring out that it was the WT Mod. I'll look into it later. That gives me hope. I actually got confused with URM and Unren. Unren is the one I have problems with unpacking and changing settings unless I rename the folder to not contain spaces and move the folder to the parent drive directory. Calm down and stop going off on people. It's ugly and unappreciated.

• Angry
Reactions: Belzeebub$

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I don't appreciate the lecture or the attitude ... It's ugly and unappreciated.
I always try to be as helpful as I can. But if you keep asking the same questions again, and obviously don't read the replies, which had all your questions answered, this get annoying as well, and that's when my posts will get a different attitude. That's why I gave you some hopefully useful advice on how to proper troubleshoot if you do have any issues with games in the future.

That's just my 2 cent. Whether you appreciate it or not, whether you're offended or not.

Cheers mate, have a good one!

• Angry
Reactions: Ai Shoujo Fan

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Hopefully someone can help me here:

1683133443477.png

This is from the game A Wife and Mother. I changed the variable to True, saved the game, but everytime I reload the save its changed back to False.

Am I doing something wrong?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Hopefully someone can help me here:

View attachment 2593166

This is from the game A Wife and Mother. I changed the variable to True, saved the game, but everytime I reload the save its changed back to False.

Am I doing something wrong?
if you changed this var , play a bit further and save the game
see if it changed again - sometimes if you change and save at this exact point it changes back (or if you rollback)

Reactions: Belzeebub$ and 0x52

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
I see, I'll change it and just play until the end of the game. Thanks for your answer

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
I'm having a little problem with URM now, the watch panel does not show up at all in any of the game since yesterday.

I'm not sure what happened and the little icon on the left just no longer shows up! Do we have a keyboard shortcut to have it back or something?

I could unren this and check possible issues but I'm lazy these days haha!

Thanks!

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Start any game where you have URM installed, press ALT-M to bring up the URM window, select "Options" and check if you have globally disabled your Notifications and/or your Watch panel.

View attachment 2594946
Thanks mate! It's back!!

I figured that I must have done something while I was hitting some keys while working on a document at the same time without me noticing that the game window was actually activated. So silly of me!

Kazami

NTR BEST GENRE
Donor
May 26, 2017
Would it be possible for the game to stop skipping when the tool detects a path? I do it manually by looking at the top right of my screen waiting for the pop-up to appear while i'm holding CTRL lmao, so I wonder if that's even possible.

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
Hi,
Just to add to my understanding and assuage my frustration about. :confused:
Because Wicked Paradise :alien:is so far the only game I know where the URM doesn't work at all. Or if it works how can I do it?

obs: if this has already been answered or oriented in another game with a similar result here in the forum, I really don't know..:unsure:

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes