Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I got these as soon as I updated now when I do alt+M nothing appears on the screen
Are you loading a Save File from a previous playthrough? If so, can you please share it? Because I've never played the game, and as I wrote above, it works fine for me on a fresh install and a "New Game".

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Your save file works fine for me: I can load it, and I can open URM right afterwards without any issues.
Have you followed my suggestions I posted before (re-downloading full game, new directory and such...)?
ok it's my save for some reason urm refuses to open with it but when I start a new game it works
edit: when I start the sandbox stuff the mod stops working again

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
edit: when I start the sandbox stuff the mod stops working again
not working on the hallway/worldmap/mc room
It doesn't work in any room/area unless there's an actual part of the story going on (as in "you get some dialogues when entering or being in the room"). Whenever you "free roam" to a room where there's nothing happening, you can't open the URM menu.

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
It doesn't work in any room/area unless there's an actual part of the story going on (as in "you get some dialogues when entering or being in the room"). Whenever you "free roam" to a room where there's nothing happening, you can't open the URM menu.
for me it did the mother is talking to me in the kitchen and can open the menu

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
theMickey_ Boehser Onkel 0x52 sorry for pinging all of you but since you know coding and help regarding URM so, I came across this error. This game was working fine, this error occurred when I wanted to save some variables. Please help. Game name is Pale Carnations.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
theMickey_ Boehser Onkel 0x52 sorry for pinging all of you but since you know coding and help regarding URM so, I came across this error. This game was working fine, this error occurred when I wanted to save some variables. Please help. Game name is Pale Carnations.
Check the last two lines in your traceback.txt, and then check the F.A.Q. here. The developer of the game didn't stick to the rules of python coding and broke the code. There's also an instruction there on how you might be able to fix this yourself.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Sounds like they hide overlays during "the sandbox stuff", which disables the Alt+M shortcut. This is the same as when you press H to hide overlays.
I have to think of a way to prevent this.
I've just released a bèta that should fix this issue. You can or through URM (make sure you've got the update channel inside URM set to "bèta").

This bèta also fixed the following issue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I've just released a bèta that should fix this issue. You can or through URM (make sure you've got the update channel inside URM set to "bèta").

This bèta also fixed the following issue:
By the way, any possibility in future you may add up a certain possibility (and yes, I know you put it in the list of "future things", but while you are changing the mod, it's the right moment to push a bit... :p ;-))

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

tania

Jun 30, 2017
0x52 can you check whats the problem?

Using your mod alot but today i have a problem, previous update was working fine but now using 1.14.1 on https://f95zone.to/threads/sunshine-love-ch-2-v0-06-extras-mrdots-games.49330/ Ch. 2 v0.06+walkthrough mod i got this at start:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 222, in <module>
TypeError: 'LabelOverridesSwitch' object does not support item assignment

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
  File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 197, in script
  File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 197, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 222, in <module>
TypeError: 'LabelOverridesSwitch' object does not support item assignment

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Sunshine Love CH2 0.06
Mon May  1 05:13:31 2023

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes