Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Hi,
Just to add to my understanding and assuage my frustration about. :confused:
Because Wicked Paradise :alien:is so far the only game I know where the URM doesn't work at all. Or if it works how can I do it?

obs: if this has already been answered or oriented in another game with a similar result here in the forum, I really don't know..:unsure:
as far as i remember it worked for me (despite the fact this game is a bugfeast ...)
but it was a long time ago
any hints why is it not working or what not working?

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
as far as i remember it worked for me (despite the fact this game is a bugfeast ...)
but it was a long time ago
any hints why is it not working or what not working?
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 205, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/01loader.rpy", line 26, in load_file
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 201, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 201, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 205, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/01loader.rpy", line 26, in load_file

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Wicked Paradise
Sun May 7 17:42:26 2023

The game doesn't even load...(n)
And yes, he really is a disaster.
But this is the reason for frustration...
Something that is proof of any mod of the "universal" type including the URM itself.(n)

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i think i remember that you have to extract (unren) the urm.rpa
this should do the trick
if not try older versions of urm (below 1.3)

and i may say dont blame the mod for fucked up code of a game - just saying

Reactions: yamabear

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
i think i remember that you have to extract (unren) the urm.rpa
this should do the trick
if not try older versions of urm (below 1.3)

At least with v1.3 the game loads...but nothing URM checks.
And for the uren, result below....
Time for Plan "D" ( ) now?

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
assuage my frustration about. :mad:
Wicked Paradise ::alien:::alien::alien:is so far the only:illuminati: game I know where the URM doesn't work at all.

like I said

as you said

Thanks for trying to help and for the page link.:cool:
It may come in handy against other "cryptic codes":lepew:

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Would it be possible for the game to stop skipping when the tool detects a path? I do it manually by looking at the top right of my screen waiting for the pop-up to appear while i'm holding CTRL lmao, so I wonder if that's even possible.
I think it's not difficult to add. I've added it to my todo list ;)

MrBallsChutney

Oct 8, 2020
Hey is there anyway to use this on android, on either rooted or unrooted devices? My phone is rooted so I can theoretically copy into my installed game path... but it appears that android and pc builds are different by the way that the 'game' folder on Android is in another folder called 'assets' and the game folder is not even called 'game' on Android... its called 'x-game'... and apparently when I copy it into that folder it causes the app to break... is there any way that I could get this to work... preferably without the use of a pc... or is there a version you could provide us with for android, any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot, looking forward to hearing back.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Hey is there anyway to use this on android, on either rooted or unrooted devices? My phone is rooted so I can theoretically copy into my installed game path... but it appears that android and pc builds are different by the way that the 'game' folder on Android is in another folder called 'assets' and the game folder is not even called 'game' on Android... its called 'x-game'... and apparently when I copy it into that folder it causes the app to break... is there any way that I could get this to work... preferably without the use of a pc... or is there a version you could provide us with for android, any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot, looking forward to hearing back.
https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-14-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/post-9233464

https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-14-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/post-10358272

Reactions: theMickey_ and 0x52

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 120, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/loader.rpy", line 11, in load_file

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
File "renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 117, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 117, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 120, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/loader.rpy", line 11, in load_file

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Wicked Paradise
Mon May 8 23:02:15 2023

Not even uren works in this "amazing" game, to say the least.
Updating now (with mod) the game does not open.

throw in the towel:cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Daemon88

Oct 7, 2018
I've been having a play with this but can't seem to get it right, perhaps I'm just not doing it correctly...

Searching for different variables, basically want to change "landlady" to "mom". Find each variable, change the value, remember the variable and save them to a urm file.

This all seems to work OK, however when I run the game again (manually loading the urm file) the variable values are default and not what I had changed them to. Eg. Back to landlady. Is this expected behaviour or have I done something wrong?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I've been having a play with this but can't seem to get it right, perhaps I'm just not doing it correctly...

Searching for different variables, basically want to change "landlady" to "mom". Find each variable, change the value, remember the variable and save them to a urm file.

This all seems to work OK, however when I run the game again (manually loading the urm file) the variable values are default and not what I had changed them to. Eg. Back to landlady. Is this expected behaviour or have I done something wrong?
use the rename option not var search ;)

Screenshot_1.png

Reactions: Daemon88

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

When you change a variable the change is saved with your game not within URM.
You can save them to an URM file so you don't have to search for them later, but the variables value will depend on the save you've loaded.

use the rename option not var search ;)

View attachment 2606912
If a name is in a variable I would recommend changing the variable.

Daemon88

Oct 7, 2018
When you change a variable the change is saved with your game not within URM.
You can save them to an URM file so you don't have to search for them later, but the variables value will depend on the save you've loaded.
That was my original understanding, as I've previously altered values (money, stats, etc.) in other games without incident. No such luck with this particular game (Shut Up & Dance) however. I have tried multiple times using multiple saves. The values are fine for the current session, but when I restore from a save they're back to default.

URM001.PNG

URM002.PNG

yamabear

Dec 27, 2020
Hello
Motivated to play more with the tool and its features now
and taking a ride on the questions above I ask:
Is it possible to list all the labels of a game where the URM is installed without conflicts? If yes, how should I proceed please.

1683729341997.png

1683729373191.png

1683729610332.png

; FOM (Foot of Mountain) - see query print:

Obviously in the game no there are only 11 records for "ann", 3 for "rhonda" and nothing (none) for "melinda". What am I missing and not "seeing" here?
And yes my goal at the moment (besides renaming) is mainly to visualize scenes from the game itself (complete and functional) where the URM is well installed.
No need to unzip or extract anything. Just list.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes