Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
When you open the mod with unren, it gives an error. What is it about publishing the mod as rpa?
The mod is produced and distributed in the exact same structure as the base VN. Did you ask the VN developer why they compiled and archived the public finished product distribution in the intended method(s) set in place by known RenPy conventions and compliances? The answer is simple, this is the way RenPy expects finished products to be distributed. Just the same as a product written in C++ expects the finished product to be distributed in the base form of an executable with it's contained interpreter. The actual question is why do you feel the need to tear everything apart when it all works exactly as intended?

Reactions: Balu83

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not everyone speaks English. Do you understand?
Well, if you intend to be snarky then so will I, but it's still me helping you out of generosity of my personal time:

Of course I understand. What you are not understanding is that you're half-assing the "translation" attempt either out of laziness or not knowing wtf you're doing. Put the engine back into the car. in other words put all the shit back together you took apart. It's that simple.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
and after it is translated, your name reaches more masses.
No thanks, I did. But you don't help people. You do a favor, but then you mess up a sack of figs.
Well, I'm not in a popularity contest nor do I get anything out of deciding to supply a product of my personal work to the public. If that's what you are seeking then this conversation is over tbh.

With that said I must say that it's not my fault you don't know what you're doing. It is not my responsibility to teach you nor pick you up when you keep falling off your horse. I always assist those who are polite and I feel aren't stabbing me in the back. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and still helping by continuing these posts.

If you took it apart for translation, then simply put it all back together and it will work. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but it's the only way it'll work. I'll throw you a bone... again out of pure generosity and the sacrifice of my personal time I could be spending with friends and family. If you don't know how to package RenPy, then message me your translated scripts and I'll do it for you. Fair enough?

Now that's not a sack of figs but an entire shipment.​

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
SanchoMod - Update
Hi,

I have a question and a possible idea for improvement. It is in regards to Save Description (nam the save).
Is it possible to confirm or skip naming the Save with just a mouse button? If it is possible then I didnt find it.

People usually dont want to name every single save file (I name only important choices or start of some romance branch) so searching for "Enter" on Keyboard to confirm every single save is annoying.

I have seen it in same games that use Save Description system. If you dont want to name your save then you just skip it by clicking with left or right mouse button.

Thank you for your work

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi,

I have a question and a possible idea for improvement. It is in regards to Save Description (nam the save).
Is it possible to confirm or skip naming the Save with just a mouse button? If it is possible then I didnt find it.

People usually dont want to name every single save file (I name only important choices or start of some romance branch) so searching for "Enter" on Keyboard to confirm every single save is annoying.

I have seen it in same games that use Save Description system. If you dont want to name your save then you just skip it by clicking with left or right mouse button.

Thank you for your work
For now you can turn the feature On/Off on demand anytime you wish via the SanchoOptions screen. I'll make it more convenient via hotkey command or a button on the save screen in the future if you wish:
1658513317706.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening folks. Here's my thoughts on v1.0.0 "Basic" fwiw:

I believe we should wait the 24-48 hours for "Extended" to drop. I'll update the mod for that in approx one day. So I reckon to get a final product with less bugs and all the features and with SanchoMod we're ~2 days total or so.... according to the dev's release notes. By the time I had a hybrid done the extended would drop and it'd all be for not. That's the way it's been historically anyway.

I'll entertain opinions but the last hybrid I did ended up confusing folks and within a couple days it no longer mattered due to the extended version (the real version) dropped.

Regards.

Spideyknight

Jan 2, 2021
Good evening folks. Here's my thoughts on v1.0.0 "Basic" fwiw:

I believe we should wait the 24-48 hours for "Extended" to drop. I'll update the mod for that in approx one day. So I reckon to get a final product with less bugs and all the features and with SanchoMod we're ~2 days total or so.... according to the dev's release notes. By the time I had a hybrid done the extended would drop and it'd all be for not. That's the way it's been historically anyway.

I'll entertain opinions but the last hybrid I did ended up confusing folks and within a couple days it no longer mattered due to the extended version (the real version) dropped.

Regards.
I would wait good sir. It is your time and it is valuable.

Reactions: Shaneride

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FWIW: I'm prepping files ahead of time for Extended. I'm starting with dev's coding changes then I'll start porting the mod to the latest Core. That will additionally introduce the option for me to code in the new character renaming feature so y'all think of which few character's that might be desired to do so... if any. It's not a necessary feature but I can do a few just for shits and giggles added to the SanchoCheats screen.

Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yay! It's alive!

I really expected a ton of errors since the dev said they " optimized the game code a little bit " but there's not any optimization per se, just some phone chat tweaks and a rather inefficiently coded music info display. If I have time I'll rewrite that to be tighter just because.

I have the ChoiceGuide done (was able to know that out before ever starting up the VN). Now I have to port the latest Core over and add all the new goodies y'all may have seen in my most recent releases.
1659209556313.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK, here's the latest deets (off the top of my head, not from my proper notes):

Done:
Dialogue script porting
Verified all previous saves work (yay!)
Verified the prized "Tee-Hee" button worked with the new Core code (yay!)
ChoiceGuide
SanchoGallery (unlocked gallery) including Extras
GUI updates as required by latest Core code

ToDo (may not be all inclusive):
Check phone messages for associated guide (I hate this part)
Verify nothing broke in the freeroam code (it was updated in latest Core but should be ok)
Add shit to SanchoCheats as I feel are desired by folks
All the little things and polish to make this sucker shine like a diamond

Will keep y'all updated...getting back to it...

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 13 Votes