Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't what happened but this popped up.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3079, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3095, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3103, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3112, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3114, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3115, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3116, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3123, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3126, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3126, in <module>
KeyError: u'font=gui/fonts/Oswald-SemiBold'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/update3.rpyc", line 1146, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1205, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 871, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 621, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3095, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3103, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3112, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3114, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3115, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3116, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3123, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3126, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/comments.rpy", line 3126, in <module>
KeyError: u'font=gui/fonts/Oswald-SemiBold'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
University of Problems 1.0.0-(Extended)
Wed Aug  3 15:23:35 2022
If anybody could help me I would appreciate it.
You should be ~here when the above exception pops on you:
1659556496584.png

I'm not seeing any issue with the exact key (which is the dev's code) "font=gui/fonts/Oswald-SemiBold" being used over 200 times. So, I need more info or possibly your save file... which begs the question: was this from a really old loaded save or a new playthrough?

Dan Sensei

Feb 3, 2018
You should be ~here when the above exception pops on you:
View attachment 1963548

I'm not seeing any issue with the exact key (which is the dev's code) "font=gui/fonts/Oswald-SemiBold" being used over 200 times. So, I need more info or possibly your save file... which begs the question: was this from a really old loaded save or a new playthrough?
I started fresh so no saved files.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I started fresh so no saved files.
Was it maybe replying to Carol's PVUpic here?:
1659557886021.png
Her name replacement code doesn't appear to be working quite right there (notice the hashtag "BINGCarolHOME" is not capped properly so the function may be borked when trying to resolve this (due to the renaming code).

P.S. you replied to your own comment above so I wasn't flagged :ROFLMAO:

Dan Sensei

Feb 3, 2018
Was it maybe replying to Carol's PVUpic here?:
View attachment 1963573
Her name replacement code doesn't appear to be working quite right there (notice the hashtag "BINGCarolHOME" is not capped properly so the function may be borked when trying to resolve this (due to the renaming code).

P.S. you replied to your own comment above so I wasn't flagged :ROFLMAO:
Lol yeah I do that sometimes. It is that one.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Lol yeah I do that sometimes. It is that one.
I have it fixed but give me just a bit longer... I need to format it it all upper case for that particular msg. BTW, it was ONLY that message out of all of them that was borked. A freakin' needle in the haystack so to speak.
1659560320472.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Haha its ok you are a fantastic modder.
Bam!!! Nailed it! In the below I renamed her "CarlBell" (no idea why, just testing) and the result:
1659561536676.png
Note her name is correct in the sentences, it's all capped when needed in the hashtag msg, and correlated in the "relp point" notification... done.

Give me a bit to compile it all and upload. It's a big file so bear with me... and of course you get credit for finding this rather nasty bug. Be back in a bit. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Critical)

Changelog:
  • Nasty bug squashed - Carol's msg event in U3 (it broke due to the hashtag text used in those particular messages, see above posts for details). Thanks to Dan Sensei for finding and reporting it.
Simply re-download the mod and reinstall over existing installation overwriting as requested.

Regards.

Reactions: tappitytaptap

Dan Sensei

Feb 3, 2018
SanchoMod Update (Critical)

Changelog:
  • Nasty bug squashed - Carol's msg event in U3 (it broke due to the hashtag text used in those particular messages, see above posts for details). Thanks to Dan Sensei for finding and reporting it.
Simply re-download the mod and reinstall over existing installation overwriting as requested.

Regards.
Thank you for the quick fix. It is working correctly.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
Just curious if this happens to anyone else... as I'm playing through, I activate the Ministat Menu because it has some handy features... and whenever the phone interface pops up to fill the screen, the Ministat window is suppressed.

It just doesn't reactivate or redisplay when the phone interface disappears, such as when I'm done reading a message and close the phone to continue following the main storyline. The Ministat disappears and has to be manually reactivated by clicking on the tiny toggle in the lower-right-hand corner.

None of the settings available within the SanchoMod controls appear to allow for the persistence of the Ministat Menu... or is there some other control beyond Show/Hide? That doesn't seem to be working the way I would expect it to work; I would expect selecting Show to keep the Ministat Menu up and running... even after a phone event.

Any pointers? They would be appreciated... :confused:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just curious if this happens to anyone else... as I'm playing through, I activate the Ministat Menu because it has some handy features... and whenever the phone interface pops up to fill the screen, the Ministat window is suppressed.

It just doesn't reactivate or redisplay when the phone interface disappears, such as when I'm done reading a message and close the phone to continue following the main storyline. The Ministat disappears and has to be manually reactivated by clicking on the tiny toggle in the lower-right-hand corner.

None of the settings available within the SanchoMod controls appear to allow for the persistence of the Ministat Menu... or is there some other control beyond Show/Hide? That doesn't seem to be working the way I would expect it to work; I would expect selecting Show to keep the Ministat Menu up and running... even after a phone event.

Any pointers? They would be appreciated... :confused:
Good morning. Indeed I code the MiniStat to automatically hide during certain situations (and I try my best to make it discrete and as unnoticeable as possible) but also to re-show once that particular event is done (such as the phone or a particular lewd scene, etc). So yes, it does auto-hide BUT it always redisplays... ONLY if it was already displayed before.

In other words if the MiniStat was NOT active and the "phone" is displayed then hidden then the MiniStat doesn't care... it stays hidden since the player didn't have it previously viewed. If the MiniStat IS ACTIVE and the "phone" is displayed the MiniStat auto-hides and then when the "phone" is closed the MiniStat reappears. The player can always force the MiniStat to be open with the "phone" if they wish by manually selecting the MiniStat again. It's not recommended but I'm not going to force anyone a certain way. The auto-hide feature was coded out of convenience to the player... as I found myself constantly closing it manually and reopening during certain events so ~ a year ago I coded the need to do so away.

If your experience is different then something is very odd... the code is solid and been in effect for quite some time (approx a year or more). Let me know. Regards.

P.S. All my testing is on desktop, not mobile fwiw, but that shouldn't matter due to the way the MiniStat is coded. The attached vid clip shows it in action as intended. This was not pre-recorded, I did this just now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Geowraith

Fennec0

Aug 2, 2021
Quick question, sorry if it might sound stupid.
At the party at the end of 9.5 I don't have all the conversation choices with Nikky because I didn't help her earlier. Is there a way to change that with the mod ?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Quick question, sorry if it might sound stupid.
At the party at the end of 9.5 I don't have all the conversation choices with Nikky because I didn't help her earlier. Is there a way to change that with the mod ?
I can't responsibly split the Ivy/Nikki event at the party yet due to currently unknown consequences (the story hasn't yet progressed far enough along).

If you are referring to something else, specifically regarding "I didn't help her earlier" then please clarify. Regards.

Edit: Wait... you mean you didn't offer to pose nude for her in U6? If so, nope... you're stuck replaying from that point.

I might start working on specific "path" variable cheats to assist folks that change their minds during later events. There's so many though that narrowing them down to the most important will be a task in and of itself tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fennec0

Fennec0

Aug 2, 2021
Yeah exactly, it seems that I didn't offer to pose nude for her.
Thanks for your answer and too bad for me. I'll use the cheats to watch a potential lewd scene in the future.

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
Good morning... and etc. ...
Ok. That is quite odd. Yesterday, the MiniStat window closed whenever I opened the phone and it did not reactivate when I closed the phone interface. Today it seems to be working just fine. Reminds of an appropriate haiku:

Yesterday it worked.
Today, it is not working.
Windows is like that.

Thank you so much for the reply, and I also thank you for coding such a useful VN accessory.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
is there any fixes to this ? View attachment 1969564
Well, the mod does not change/add/remove any stock image files and that one is in the OEM VN installation. I don't know where you got your installation from but both the uncompressed and compressed have that image. I've attached it for you nonetheless.

Open the attached zip and drop the contents inside the "game" folder.

Reactions: mariolewd
5.00 star(s) 13 Votes