Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP.
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please.

Everything that can be changed can be found in either SanchoCheats (mod cheats) or in the cheat section of the phone (VN cheats).

Need more info. Attach the traceback file and elaborate on what is "not working" please. I cannot assist otherwise.
Ok, now it worked, thanks.

Reactions: Sancho1969

tab.19

May 8, 2020
hi!
mac user and know nothing of renpy here, I download a fresh version of the game (tried both the app version and the windows version running from renpy) but i keep encountering this error every time there is a choice to make, both starting a new game and loading saves

can someone help please?
Thank you everyone

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1128, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1131, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1132, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1133, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1134, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1135, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1136, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1139, in execute
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 1139, in <module>
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpy", line 4735, in OO0OOO0O000OO000O
AttributeError: 'dict_keys' object has no attribute 'sort'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/update20.rpyc", line 220, in script
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1903, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1010, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
University of Problems 1.1.5-(Extended)
Sat Mar  4 14:41:09 2023
[/CODE]

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hi!
mac user and know nothing of renpy here, I download a fresh version of the game (tried both the app version and the windows version running from renpy) but i keep encountering this error every time there is a choice to make, both starting a new game and loading saves

can someone help please?
Thank you everyone

Code:
[code]

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 1903, in execute
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1010, in menu
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "/Users/user/Desktop/Nuova cartella con elementi 2/renpy-8.0.1-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
[/CODE]
Considering the VN is built on RenPy v7.4.11 and your traceback states your build is on RenPy v8.0.3... I'd say it's 99.69% due to you not having placed the mod in the original VN as instructed. Where did you get that particular build?

tab.19

May 8, 2020
Considering the VN is built on RenPy v7.4.11 and your traceback states your build is on RenPy v8.0.3... I'd say it's 99.69% due to you not having placed the mod in the original VN as instructed. Where did you get that particular build?
i downloaded the compressed one from the original thread, maybe that's the problem... will try to leave the mac running tonight and download the uncompressed one (my internet is really slow)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i downloaded the compressed one from the original thread, maybe that's the problem... will try to leave the mac running tonight and download the uncompressed one (my internet is really slow)
I can relate. At my permanent studio the BW is fantastic but here in the middle of nowhere it's like dialup.

FAP369ZONE, can you confirm or deny your Mac compressed version was built on R8 instead of R7 as noted in the user's traceback in the post here? If so, know that it's based on a completely different Python version and reads code differently (P3 vs P2). Thank you sir.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
So before I delete all my saves to replay from the beginning, here's a little spell error I found :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not sure it's worth a reupload since it's not game breaking or anything, but IDK when I'll restart the game so as it might be a while before I reach this scene again, I'd rather report it now.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
hi!

can someone help please?
Thank you everyone

Code:
[code]

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    callback(self)
    self.update()

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
[/CODE]
The problem here is that you are running a project on v8.0 renpy while the project was built on v7.4 so you have few options here:

- use my efo method to play (all instructions and fixer are inside or for more info go here).
- rebuild it yourself, use the tutorial i post with my repacks.
- use the correct renpy but know that playing like this you might have saves problems so unless its for testing i do not recommend this.

No need to redownload anything, see the solution above.

I can relate. At my permanent studio the BW is fantastic but here in the middle of nowhere it's like dialup.

FAP369ZONE, can you confirm or deny your Mac compressed version was built on R8 instead of R7 as noted in the user's traceback in the post here? If so, know that it's based on a completely different Python version and reads code differently (P3 vs P2). Thank you sir.
Its on v7.4 and you can check it yourself if you do not believe, the file is only 13mb :PogChamp: Anyway, he was using wrong renpy to play it so there lies the problem :oops: You should realize this from his 1st comment...

Besides i cant really troubleshoot macos and test it myself since i do not have that platform so i can only use common sense here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Its on v7.4 and you can check it yourself if you do not believe, the file is only 13mb :PogChamp: Anyway, he was using wrong renpy to play it so there lies the problem :oops: You should realize this from his 1st comment...

Besides i cant really troubleshoot macos and test it myself since i do not have that platform so i can only use common sense here.
Bud, see highlight in your reply... I did realize, I made a post here that is was running on R8... that's why I asked you since I don't run a Mac... I needed you to confirm if your file was correct as he said he DL'd the compressed. See?

• Sad
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

anubisreveal

Jan 18, 2018
Hello, my game freeze after install mod, I'm have try the uncompressed and compressed, both freeze when i click Start and Load option. The sancho mods button still work but I can't click any gallery while i'm in sancho gallery Untitled.png

Code:
Mon Mar  6 17:22:10 2023
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.05s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.05s
Loading error handling took 0.10s
Loading script took 1.74s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.23s
Loading persistent took 0.02s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 4, 4)
- Init at SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpyc:4343 took 2.68199 s.
Running init code took 2.97s
Loading analysis data took 0.40s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.03s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.33s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object took 0.16s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.34s
Build styles took 0.00s
Load screen analysis took 0.28s
Analyze screens took 0.01s
Save screen analysis took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.67s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.00s
Save bytecode. took 0.29s
Running _start took 0.01s
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.45s

Initializing gl2 renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation'
Renderer: 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2'
Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 528.49'
Display Info: None
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1739, 978) drawable=(1739, 978)
Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt':
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096
Total time until interface ready: 8.40902996063s

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, my game freeze after install mod, I'm have try the uncompressed and compressed, both freeze when i click Start and Load option. The sancho mods button still work but I can't click any gallery while i'm in sancho gallery View attachment 2443001

Code:
Mon Mar  6 17:22:10 2023
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.05s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.05s
Loading error handling took 0.10s
Loading script took 1.74s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.23s
Loading persistent took 0.02s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 4, 4)
- Init at SanchoMod/SanchoMod UoP.rpyc:4343 took 2.68199 s.
Running init code took 2.97s
Loading analysis data took 0.40s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.03s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.33s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object took 0.16s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.34s
Build styles took 0.00s
Load screen analysis took 0.28s
Analyze screens took 0.01s
Save screen analysis took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.67s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.00s
Save bytecode. took 0.29s
Running _start took 0.01s
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.45s

Initializing gl2 renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation'
Renderer: 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2'
Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 528.49'
Display Info: None
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1739, 978) drawable=(1739, 978)
Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt':
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096
Total time until interface ready: 8.40902996063s
Well, your info log says you're running on RenPy 7.4.4 ... this is not correct. Don't get cute. The installation process is two simple steps and ONLY these two steps (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please. Any other shenanigans you do or perform are on you, not the mod or my work. Keep it simple.

anubisreveal

Jan 18, 2018
Well, your info log says you're running on RenPy 7.4.4 ... this is not correct. Don't get cute. The installation process is two simple steps and ONLY these two steps (for PC in English):
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please. Any other shenanigans you do or perform are on you, not the mod or my work. Keep it simple.
Thank you, it's work now, after deleting older saves and download the update file, reinstall the mod, it work.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you, it's work now, after deleting older saves and download the update file, reinstall the mod, it work.
Well, you shouldn't ever have to delete older saves unless they are somehow corrupted due to disk writing error or they were physically manipulated to change something outside the game code. Just an FYI for the future. Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: anubisreveal
Jul 16, 2018
Sancho1969
With v1.1.0 I could save screenshots with the 'S' key. But, with v1.1.5 I can no longer do that.
Is this bug caused by your mod, or the main game?
Also, is there a fix or workaround for this bug?

Edit:
Ok, I found a workaround. You now have to press <SHIFT> and <S>. A little inconvenient, but it works as a workaround.
Can you fix this bug Sancho1969 ?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
With v1.1.0 I could save screenshots with the 'S' key. But, with v1.1.5 I can no longer do that.
Is this bug caused by your mod, or the main game?
Also, is there a fix or workaround for this bug?

Edit:
Ok, I found a workaround. You now have to press <SHIFT> and <S>. A little inconvenient, but it works as a workaround.
Can you fix this bug Sancho1969 ?
It's not a bug bud. Please see #7 in the FAQ here. That same info is also in the release post both in here and the VN's thread.

Jul 16, 2018
You override a standard key? Why on Earth would you do such a thing?!? That's a major inconvenience.
Can I fix this in one of the *.py files?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You override a standard key? Why on Earth would you do such a thing?!? That's a major inconvenience.
Can I fix this in one of the *.py files?
To be fair the only standard is that a keyboard's key does what is labeled on the board such as "s" types the letter "s". There are no UI rules when using a graphical coding language platform to create a product. The convenience for me is that I don't use "s" for screen grabs, never have and I use these particular hotkeys constantly while coding and using the mods.

That said remember that I do all this work to make mods for my personal use and simply share some of them publicly. I don't create mods just to simply suit the masses although I'll admit I painstakingly make the UI more pleasant to look at for those mods I do release publicly as it's the professional thing to do.

Since you can't hear these words leave my mouth I understand that this may seem to reflect arrogance but that's not the intended case at all, I assure you. Example: You build a custom house for your family to stay, you invite friends over for dinner and your friends complain because the toilet handles happen to be on the right instead of the left but you did so since your entire family prefers that scenario. Your friends know it's not their house and they can put the handle anywhere they want in their own house. I'm a tad hungover so excuse the extremely bad metaphor but hopefully you see my point.

At the end of the day Shift+S or Alt+S is no more an inconvenience that S itself except you use two fingers instead of one. If one is to say that "s" is a standard then those two alternatives are also standards which remain. That's my personal opinion. Others will disagree and that's fine. If that's the only complaint out of the dozens of advanced features then I can easily accept that.

Reactions: Belly97
Jul 16, 2018
Sancho1969
First and foremost, I think your work is awesome and fantastic!
Second, if anyone is arrogant (or rather sounds entitled), it's me. This was unintentional.
Third, because I have muscle memory for all the other VNs I read it's a major inconvenience to learn a different key just for this VN.
Fourth, I seriously think your work is awesome and fantastic! ;)

Having said all that... could you please tell me in which .py file I can change it (for myself)?

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
hey Sancho1969, thank you as always for your awesome work. This is certainly one of those games that I enjoy playing more with your mod on.

In that regard, it seems that the UoP dev is starting to put bad endings in his game, of which I'm not really a big fan. Maybe you could do something about that? Like offering both paths right away (showing all the scenes, regardless of the variables status) or asking to choose which path to take whenever necessary, if a choice is needed (sparing the player to load a very early save, again not a fan of that at all). Thank you again.

Reactions: Belly97

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey Sancho1969, thank you as always for your awesome work. This is certainly one of those games that I enjoy playing more with your mod on.

In that regard, it seems that the UoP dev is starting to put bad endings in his game, of which I'm not really a big fan. Maybe you could do something about that? Like offering both paths right away (showing all the scenes, regardless of the variables status) or asking to choose which path to take whenever necessary, if a choice is needed (sparing the player to load a very early save, again not a fan of that at all). Thank you again.
Apologies as I'm working on another project and my head is in a different space, but if I'm understanding your request:

Prerequisite: I do go back and change the ChoiceGuide as needed each update since I can't obviously see the future and no one (likely including the dev) knows any particular outcome until the VN is complete. So, as this stand the player will always have to make certain save points during the progression of the VN as necessary and the guide does a pretty damn good job of warning you when something might effect a path depending on your previous choices.

Now, if you are asking me to insert a "cheat" choice of sorts periodically as the VN unfolds to allow you to make changes at that very moment in the story then... that's rough bud. That has me predicting what in the world each and every Player might want as an outcome. It'd be easier for me to make elaborate pathing cheats within SanchoCheats as I've done in VNs like BaDIK for example. Problem is that these also mandate evolution over time since any of the thousands of variables might need to altered to keep a path True at a later point.

I might be going too far into the weeds and not truly understanding your request though, so please feel free to elaborate as honestly my brain is all zeros and ones at the moment... I'm deep into some serious Python coding to help resolve Aurelius Ambrosius's "issue"... which I'm fixing to write a post about shortly.

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes