4.20 star(s) 128 Votes

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Added the following to the game description, because too few people understand what slice of life means and complain that there's no story.
Slice of Life: A storytelling technique that presents a seemingly arbitrary sample of a character's life, which often lacks a coherent plot, conflict, or ending. Unleashed does not have any exposition or a clearly defined story. It is about your interactions and relationships with the characters.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Unleashed [v0.6.5b] Unofficial Android Port + JokerLeader's WT Mod & KoGa3's Cheat/Gallery Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 491mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Reactions: argute

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020

Hello Patrons and public alike!
This is just a quick note to let you know how it's going. It's going! lol
I should have the complete Episode 6 out for you at the end of the month - either the 29th or 30th, depending on coding.
Then the hope is to get Episode 7 to you at the end of May. This might slip a couple weeks as there are a few new things I'm trying and they may not work out.
I appreciate everyone's patience with me through these difficult times! <3

-CarbonBlue
Well, Episode 7 was weeks away in April and expected end of May. I look forward to seeing everyone in a year's time when we will still be told "soon".

Reactions: Grelk

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well, that explains the series of random renders you post - just add them all together, you get "episode 7"!
CarbonBlue's addition to the OP is not to be confused with a "series of random renders", which is oversimplifying (though that may have been the point of your joke). For instance, if the MC has made the correct choices any one of the ladies might be more interested in him. It just means that this is basically a peek at a small part of the characters' lives. In this case, the MC arriving at the house and starting to live with everybody there, developing relationships with them (possibly even more sexual and/or romantic). What is seemingly arbitrary (but isn't necessarily so) is what part of the characters' lives is depicted: why this segment of their lives over a different one? It's often not revealed and not obvious why.

Just because there may not always be a plot to a SoL story doesn't mean the story is pointless. A plot has very specific elements (introduction, overarching problem and a need to resolve it somehow, character development, conflict, resolving conflict, a climax, denouement, and so on). Many of those are typically absent from SoL stories since, in someone's actual life, there are many points where there really isn't anything like a plot but rather just going through regular, more mundane activities. But SoL can offer characters' perspectives, offer new ideas to mull over, provide humor (like with Unleashed), etc.

All of the above said, though, there are some creators who don't seem quite to grasp the idea of SoL, either. A slice-of-life story should avoid becoming boring by providing variation in mundane activities. For example, it's unlikely there will be another shopping trip in Unleashed (though this particular story does specifically try to mess with the expectations of its readers / players as well). But maybe there will be laser tag, or there will be a cutthroat board game, or there will be TPing someone else as "vengeance" for looking at Shannon the wrong way, etc. Changing things up like this helps keep casual events more interesting without needing an actual plot.
No story progress after 15 months :( I really like the game but how I can support it with such slow development speed...
What do you mean by "story progress"? Given the dev's post just a little above yours, you shouldn't be expecting "story" in the typical sense of the word. This is slice-of-life, so it won't have a real plot like most stories do. I'm not saying what you should or should not do with your own money, but it sounds like you may have had incorrect expectations about Unleashed.

Last edited:

Otter123

Dec 17, 2020
CarbonBlue's addition to the OP is not to be confused with a "series of random renders", which is oversimplifying (though that may have been the point of your joke). For instance, if the MC has made the correct choices any one of the ladies might be more interested in him. It just means that this is basically a peek at a small part of the characters' lives. In this case, the MC arriving at the house and starting to live with everybody there, developing relationships with them (possibly even more sexual and/or romantic). What is seemingly arbitrary (but isn't necessarily so) is what part of the characters' lives is depicted: why this segment of their lives over a different one? It's often not revealed and not obvious why.

Just because there may not always be a plot to a SoL story doesn't mean the story is pointless. A plot has very specific elements (introduction, overarching problem and a need to resolve it somehow, character development, conflict, resolving conflict, a climax, denouement, and so on). Many of those are typically absent from SoL stories since, in someone's actual life, there are many points where there really isn't anything like a plot but rather just going through regular, more mundane activities. But SoL can offer characters' perspectives, offer new ideas to mull over, provide humor (like with Unleashed), etc.

All of the above said, though, there are some creators who don't seem quite to grasp the idea of SoL, either. A slice-of-life story should avoid becoming boring by providing variation in mundane activities. For example, it unlikely there will be another shopping trip in Unleashed (though this particular story does specifically try to mess with the expectations of its readers / players as well). But maybe there will be laser tag, or there will be a cutthroat board game, or there will be TPing someone else as "vengeance" for looking at Shannon the wrong way, etc. Changing things up like this helps keep casual events more interesting without needing an actual plot.

What do you mean by "story progress"? Given the dev's post just a little above yours, you shouldn't be expecting "story" in the typical sense of the word. This is slice-of-life, so it won't have a real plot like most stories do. I'm not saying what you should or should not do with your own money, but it sounds like you may have had incorrect expectations about Unleashed.
What he means is that there's been zero new content in close to two years, despite the dev's constant bullshit about updates coming "soon."

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What he means is that there's been zero new content in close to two years, despite the dev's constant bullshit about updates coming "soon."
But there is new content now. Every single one of my saves from March 2022 continued on with this latest release. The previous time, it ended just shortly after Shannon shows the MC her boobs. This time, it ends shortly after they all watch the show together. There's an in-game day added to what was there before. So, while it's true there wasn't anything for over two years, there's content now; so saying "still no story progress after 15 months" is no longer true.

Kuokaman

Dec 15, 2021
After 15 months the game ends in the same moment and there's a very little new content. And despite all this beautiful words - the game does have a story/plot, the events are happening one after another, the characters get to know each other better and their behaviour is based on what's happened earlier. Yeah, and the plot is interesting, I would like to see what happens next.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
And despite all this beautiful words - the game does have a story/plot, the events are happening one after another, the characters get to know each other better and their behaviour is based on what's happened earlier. Yeah, and the plot is interesting, I would like to see what happens next.
There are several things wrong with what you've said. First of all, multiple events happening one after another does not mean there is a plot:
Dude gets up and eats breakfast. Dude showers and gets in his car. Dude goes to a friend's softball game and watches. Dude goes home and eats dinner. Dude goes to bed.​

That does not in any way resemble an actual plot. There is no conflict, there is no rising action, there is no climax, there is no denouement. The above is a series of events, one after another. The above is not a plot.

Second, I never said there was no plot whatsoever. I specifically said "in the typical sense of the word". There are individual character plots, but there is no overall story plot. This is what I meant, but apparently you didn't understand that. What is the major story-level conflict the MC has to get through, learning to live with girls? The only story-level conflicts for the MC have been the play-stuff that Shannon does, and possibly Angel feeling left out when others aren't around. The only story-level rising action has been the MC's junk in his shorts when a girl teases him.

Of course there are reactions to events that have happened. It wouldn't be slice-of-life (reflective of real life) if there weren't. Slice-of-life stories generally have individual character plots. But there is nothing like a standard story plot here. There's no "one day things were normal and then, unexpectedly, X, Y, and Z happened and now my world's turned upside-down" or similar. But of course there are individual plots. Anyway, whatever. I'm not going to argue anymore on this with you. This is slice-of-life; whether you accept the reality of that or not is your own prerogative.

Otter123

Dec 17, 2020
But there is new content now. Every single one of my saves from March 2022 continued on with this latest release. The previous time, it ended just shortly after Shannon shows the MC her boobs. This time, it ends shortly after they all watch the show together. There's an in-game day added to what was there before. So, while it's true there wasn't anything for over two years, there's content now; so saying "still no story progress after 15 months" is no longer true.
The update with everyone watching the show together is not the newest update. That was the previous update from like a year ago that I guess you missed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
This latest update only had 90~ renders. That is for the past 14 or so months of development.

All while the developer missed multiple deadlines, and kept pledges on. While spending a lot of their time fighting with people in this thread about it.

Your points on slice-of-life aren't incorrect or anything like that, but it seems you've missed some of the unsavory details about why people are mad/upset/irritated about the game & developer.

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
There's bound to be a few who will defend this dev don't see how anyone could but there you have it me personally I have given up on this VN

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The update with everyone watching the show together is not the newest update. That was the previous update from like a year ago that I guess you missed.
This latest update only had 90~ renders. That is for the past 14 or so months of development.

All while the developer missed multiple deadlines, and kept pledges on. While spending a lot of their time fighting with people in this thread about it.

Your points on slice-of-life aren't incorrect or anything like that, but it seems you've missed some of the unsavory details about why people are mad/upset/irritated about the game & developer.
Yeah, apparently I had missed the update a year or more ago. Well, I guess I'm all caught up now. :cautious:

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
While spending a lot of their time fighting with people in this thread about it.
You guys that say this obviously don't know how Daz works, lol.

It can take a few minutes just to load a new scene to render (most renders are based on old renders). Once you pose the scene it can then easily take 7 minutes or more for dforce (that's the simulation that makes Angel's hair droop in place). Taking a couple minutes to check out the forum and reply like this isn't really costing me any time on rendering.

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020

It can take a few minutes just to load a new scene to render (most renders are based on old renders). Once you pose the scene it can then easily take 7 minutes or more for dforce (that's the simulation that makes Angel's hair droop in place). Taking a couple minutes to check out the forum and reply like this isn't really costing me any time on rendering.
I love that's the bit of people posting in this thread you focus on :ROFLMAO:

JB08

Aug 6, 2016

Ignore haters. I kind of was one until I rethought some things. More people dont mind at all compared to the really vocal minority that likes to talk. I await future updates, Unleashed is really good with its seemingly normal plot.

Reactions: CarbonBlue

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Ignore haters. I kind of was one until I rethought some things. More people dont mind at all compared to the really vocal minority that likes to talk. I await future updates, Unleashed is really good with its seemingly normal plot.
theres-a-plot.jpg

There's no plot! And never will be.

4.20 star(s) 128 Votes