4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, my gut feeling says this could develop into a lot of fun. That's why I decided to support him in this early stage.
But I have been wrong before :(. I hope he keeps up to this standard, or hopefully even better!

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Hi

I believed in the same thing, but after checking the code, it's not a real error, it's an image the dev put here in purpose.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's the same with the "error message" where there's an "option" to change Maeve's name. It's also a fake. There's an effort put into this and I don't get what is their purpose.

The one at Maeve's name changing scene doesn't actually give you an option to change her name. It calls the fake error screen if you click "yes" and the same happens if you click "no", but you have changed any other names previously.
If you click "no" and you haven't changed other names, the game just skips the scene where Maeve says "Thank you...". She says that only after the fake error screen.
In any case all names are set to default next, so it makes no difference.

These messages and fake options that change nothing - it looks like a huge brain fart to me.

The one with courage I get. Ha-ha. MC has no courage. :rolleyes: The one with the names, I guess it's also a joke on the player - giving him a fake "hope" that he can change the names while the dev actually has no intention to allow it. :sneaky:

Looks like fun otherwise. Looking forward to see what happens next. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Namco15

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Looking for some (more) player input regarding the Single Text Choices...

Explanation: The single text choices are there specifically to force input from the player. What I'm going for with those choices is whenever the MC talks or performs an action, it's you physically doing it. The plan was to continue this throughout the game. However! I'm not totally married to the idea and I'll be happy to change it if it annoys people. I could simply do an inner monologue type of thing.

So if you find it annoying, please let me know! Or if you like having the interactions, please also let me know!

(And, btw, THIS is exactly why I released the game as it is - to get player input on issues like this :) )

Reactions: Namco15

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It's the same with the "error message" where there's an "option" to change Maeve's name. It's also a fake. There's an effort put into this and I don't get what is their purpose.

The one at Maeve's name changing scene doesn't actually give you an option to change her name. It calls the fake error screen if you click "yes" and the same happens if you click "no", but you have changed any other names previously.
If you click "no" and you haven't changed other names, the game just skips the scene where Maeve says "Thank you...". She says that only after the fake error screen.
In any case all names are set to default next, so it makes no difference.

These messages and fake options that change nothing - it looks like a huge brain fart to me.

The one with courage I get. Ha-ha. MC has no courage. :rolleyes: The one with the names, I guess it's also a joke on the player - giving him a fake "hope" that he can change the names while the dev actually has no intention to allow it. :sneaky:

Looks like fun otherwise. Looking forward to see what happens next. :LOL:
Check out Rico Caramba's post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/unleashed-v0-1-carbonblue.33424/post-2148426

And my response:
https://f95zone.to/threads/unleashed-v0-1-carbonblue.33424/post-2148821

I think Rico has hit on it. It would explain a lot.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Explanation: The single text choices are there specifically to force input from the player. What I'm going for with those choices is whenever the MC talks or performs an action, it's you physically doing it. The plan was to continue this throughout the game. However! I'm not totally married to the idea and I'll be happy to change it if it annoys people. I could simply do an inner monologue type of thing.

So if you find it annoying, please let me know! Or if you like having the interactions, please also let me know!

(And, btw, THIS is exactly why I released the game as it is - to get player input on issues like this :) )
Please, please, please change this. It is more than annoying. It will stop some people from continuing to play your game.

Reactions: Dunduk_

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Please give players meaningful choices: having a click-fest to be railroaded is not what people want in a VN. Obviously, giving players choices means you have to be ready to create renders to fit the flow of the story, so that's more work for you. But it means more enjoyment for them because they feel their decisions as MC actually matter to the story.
So if you just want people to read through a story of your own design, but without any meaningful choices on their part, just get rid of the choice buttons and call this a kinetic novel...

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
The single choice option gave me the impressions that later there would be branching options in those scenes. If this is not the case then yes I would remove them.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
The single choice options in this game don't make much sense to me either.
CarbonBlue , you say you introduced this to force input from the player. But if it is only there to skip to the next page, what is the input you are looking for? You have to click for that anyway, so there is always input from the player.
It would make sense if the single choice option gave you something extra, something you wouldn't get if you just clicked to the next page. An extra scene or angle for instance, or a repeat. Then it is a choice: do I want to do that/see that scene (again) or not.
You could use it if you have a scene that is to kinky for the faint of hearted. Like a MC being circumcised by a cute girl ;).

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Patrons get a notification by email, so I just read it. Thanks man. Now, go ahead and develop :)

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes