eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
That's the true reason why this turned into such a mess? For that matter I created a poll, people have voted for the continuation of the remake.
I don't think there is one solid reason why some of us dislike the new version compared to the original. You changed so many things, that every little detail might have not sit well with someone who played the original version. For some it might be Elena's or Alice's "new" behaviour, for others it might be some of the new side characters they don't like or the mini games or the MC's new looks, character etc.

No matter how many polls you put up, the majority will most likely vote for the premium version, because that's obviously the one you want to work on and they're afraid that if you go back to the original one, you'll eventually abandon it.

For me the original game is already abandonded/dead and this is a new one, with a new story, a new (12 year old/gigolo wannabe) MC, some new side characters and the old ones from the original story in similar roles with different (and so far unlikeable) personalities. At this point I'll probably just keep an eye on this thread and give the game another try when there's some content with Alice and it gets somewhat close to where the original stopped.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
  • The plot
My game has a weak plot, it's not a secret. I learned harsh lessons from the Christmas Special, so I won't be making the same mistakes once again. I have thought twice before making any changes to the plot.
This... This is the post of a liar! Waifston Giovanna!

Reactions: Daddums
D

Deleted member 2366660

I agree with you, but this only works if the writer has excellent creative and writing skills, it is not the case with Waifston (with all due respect).
I guess we are expecting different things from Waifston. I am not asking him to write a perfect story. I am not even asking him to write a good story. I appreciate his story with its flaws actually. His lack of writing skills and some of his gullible pieces of dialogue delight me and I even feel sympathy for him because of it.

But it pains me to see this guy lost in pointless ranting and bragging, not knowing what to do when the answer is quite clear in my opinion. Forget polls and everything, keep going on. If it's good, people will follow. If not, do better next time.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I guess we are expecting different things from Waifston. I am not asking him to write a perfect story. I am not even asking him to write a good story. I appreciate his story with its flaws actually. His lack of writing skills and some of his gullible pieces of dialogue delight me and I even feel sympathy for him because of it.

But it pains me to see this guy lost in pointless ranting and bragging, not knowing what to do when the answer is quite clear in my opinion. Forget polls and everything, keep going on. If it's good, people will follow. If not, do better next time.
Once again I will have to agree with you, the answer is clear. I said it once and I will say it again, Waifston doesn't seem to have confidence in what he does. It seems that with each update released this guy gets more and more lost. Sometimes I think he just ignores everything we say.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
So like, why is the patreon poll 50/50 now when last time it was clearly in favour of the Premium Version? Did people like 0.1 better?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I would just wait a day to see how it developes it was 80/20 for the Old Version in the first hour.
HOLY SHIT!

So like, why is the patreon poll 50/50 now when last time it was clearly in favour of the Premium Version? Did people like 0.1 better?
Perhaps people thought that version 0.2 would miraculously fix all the flaws in version 0.1. No way they liked version 0.1 more, that update was horrible.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
The new version is not that bad, but there is so much drama in the story, so much unknow choices, that you have no idea what will do, so much stuff that don't help in anything the story, that the main focus of the game get lost. The remake is not bad, but need some good work, there is some characters that don't make sense in the story, they are there just for the hate and to fill some empty space, while i really love choices, having soo much there it will just make the game take a hell long time for each update. There was stuff in the old one that i really disliked, and i'm glad that are changed in this one.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The new version is not that bad, but there is so much drama in the story, so much unknow choices, that you have no idea what will do, so much stuff that don't help in anything the story, that the main focus of the game get lost. The remake is not bad, but need some good work, there is some characters that don't make sense in the story, they are there just for the hate and to fill some empty space, while i really love choices, having soo much there it will just make the game take a hell long time for each update. There was stuff in the old one that i really disliked, and i'm glad that are changed in this one.
Like I said before my main problem with the new version is that the tone of the game is completely changed from loveable to annoying characters. Nobody including MC and except maybe for that mob guy is fun and likeable and why play a game that has no likeable chars at all, only annoying ones? So no I am not glad it changed.

Technically the game made a great leap forward, story wise dev stripped basically everything out of the game that made people enthusiastic for the game until he introduced the mother in game. So no, I am not surprised about that 80-20 since people became a patron for the old game in the first place with the loveable chars. I already said before why I think that removal of Alice not work well, if he had wanted a slow build with her she should have never been gone in the first place, but after she was her path should have been very different from other girls.

Edit: Problem I see now is what the dev wants and why he went for the remake. If the remake is where his passion lies there is no good reason to go back to old version whatever player base wants. If he wanted more players, well it is unlikely he will with this much drama and making a few of the main girls less likable so this premium version will need a rework as well if dev wants a bigger playerbase. It is a bit a damned if you do and damned if you do not. I wish he had spoken about his chars with a few people before he embarked on the remake. If he wanted to add drama and stronger story he overshot the mark unfortunately and forgot the first rule, the main characters must be able to garner sympathy from the players in a romantic harem, even when bad people. :p

Last edited:

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
The main reason why I hated the Mentor system. 3 mentors, 3 paths, more work for Waifston and less content for us. There should only be Mr. Bonito as a mentor and that's it.
Holy crap I almost forgot about him, basically the only good thing came out of this update.

When a side character is more likable than all of the leads lol (including the female leads).

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Holy crap I almost forgot about him, basically the only good thing came out of this update.

When a side character is more likable than all of the leads lol (including the female leads).
I noticed that Mr. Bonito is Russian, like Waifston. Waifston must like this character a lot, he is the best character in this game.

mcguill

May 10, 2020
I am really missing the sandbox aspect of the original game.

This way i end up clicking skiping all the text.

Zoonma

Apr 13, 2019
Can always add the sandbox later in the game as it progresses. MANY games have done this before and it works just fine. Either way, they extra work has been done already so for better or worse, should stick and focus on the premium. I know people liked the old version, so did I. But if the dev feels more inspired with this then that is better then not, trust me. An uninspired dev can only hurt the game.

Again, if the sandbox is THAT popular (maybe take a pole vote on this) then add it later down the road. This can be done and it can be a great addition.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Again, if the sandbox is THAT popular (maybe take a pole vote on this) then add it later down the road. This can be done and it can be a great addition.
I am really missing the sandbox aspect of the original game.
You guys also don't know how to wait for things, Waifston said a thousand times that the free-roam will be present after the Prologue comes to an end. This is just the introduction of the game, the next updates will not have as much text for you to ignore.

SilentSevenStar

Feb 16, 2019
Waifston literally took a mallet and broke the ice under our feet, the reason I liked the game was because of its simplicity and easy-to-understand mechanics. The "remake" is difficult to swallow because there are people like me who have followed its development for more than a year and then comes the saying "clean slate", obviously you are going to feel annoyed !!, and wait for more to get to the content level to the previous version is ... I don't even know how to say it but you will lose players, you will lose them. From my point of view, it would have been better to take the game and edit it as other developers are doing, that while they release an update, they improve the previous content, raising the quality of the renders, making the animations more fluid, rewriting various things and improve the gameplay ... a few hours ago I felt happy because I passed my university entrance exam, now disappointment and some sadness mixed and I don't like it (Although nobody here cares ~). Anyway, I still hope that you continue with the previous version ...

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes