saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
New version has too many unlikable characters that after their first impression will be extremely hard or impossible to turn around.
Unfortunately, this is true.

Zach I would just drop, he does not add anything positive to the game or the setup.
I believe that Waifston will force a friendship between the protagonist and Zachary, I hope I am wrong. but that conversation about karate classes discouraged me a little. I thought he was going to college and not coming back.

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
Remember most good drama comes from opposing viewpoints or inability to communicate while people still care for each other. Not from hate, uncaring like Elena decision for a lousy reason even if feels guilt later or purely hateful characters. :)
Again couldn't agree with you more, it's very difficult to be invested in these characters when they didn't give you a reason to care for them.

D

Deleted member 2366660

When writing a story, there is an obsession that inexperienced authors have : no restraints, they want to show off. Too much informations, too much explanations... emphasized by a technical overload - too many gimmicks and gadgets.

Storywise, you want to give your story a sense of gravity and tension but everything feels numb because :
  1. Your ideas follow pretty common tropes (thematic issues about unfairness, rebellion against the unfair order, the filial love as the protagonist's motivations) with a lot of typical figures (That is your game's motto - you even added the "asshole schoolmate" character to your story -). Alright. Following tropes is not a mistake by itself.
  2. What is is you are not subtle about it. You actually splash us with a whole bucket of pathos. The dialogues are too affected and the situations feel as unreal and unnatural as archetypal and expected.
When you see an overdressed guy, you never say that he is well dressed. You may say that "he made an effort to dress well" or "he did his best to look good". And that is a huge difference.

On a more "positive" note : those things I said can be applied to a vast majority of visual novels. We can only wonder, in regard of the result, if a story-oriented reboot was necessary ? Maybe, maybe not. But you should keep on with what you have in mind. It is displeasing to follow a story that has been denatured by the meddling of an author's ideas with the people's opinions - and I'm talking about opinions, not critics.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
When you write a story, the first thing you need to keep in mind is the ending. Most writers start a story and have no idea how it will end. An example: Sofia and Elena, they cannot be antagonistic if in the end they will be part of a possible harem. In the first part of DEMO these two characters were affected by bad decisions right off the bat.

D

Deleted member 2366660

When you write a story, the first thing you need to keep in mind is the ending. Most writers start a story and have no idea how it will end. An example: Sofia and Elena, they cannot be antagonistic if in the end they will be part of a possible harem. In the first part of DEMO these two characters were affected by bad decisions right off the bat.
I appreciated the fact that they are/were antagonistic. Having the main character feel resentment toward some potential lovers can make the story move in a interesting way. I actually wanted the quarrel with the teacher to last longer and to focus on her hypocrisy (the good teacher posture breaking in front of a financial intimidation). Telling her to fuck off and get out of the house at the end when everyone's happy to be here and helping.

Of course, the ending is the main point of focus for a story writer. But it is irrelevant here as I couldn't even go to the end of the prologue because the writing was just too heavy.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I appreciated the fact that they are/were antagonistic. Having the main character feel resentment toward some potential lovers could have made the story move in a interesting way.
I agree with you, but this only works if the writer has excellent creative and writing skills, it is not the case with Waifston (with all due respect).

Answer me one thing Waifston... What if the choice 'Work on the original game' wins? Do you think you will fix things by going back to work on the old version? If you think that, you are wrong. Do you know what we're going to think of that, Waifston? That you're making fools of us. Are you going to throw 6 months of work in the trash? Do you know how much you could have done in those 6 months if you hadn't had the stupid idea of working on a remake? 9 months, if we count that you spent 3 doing that crappy Christmas episode.

Reactions: Valeck and Daddums

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well they can, but very hard to see happen in a loving harem, much easier in one based upon domination and control. :p

Still the Elena decision does not make sense in the way she did it if she is supposed to care about MC or his mom at that moment in time. At the very least she should have shown to be way more conflicted about it and the reason why she makes her choice as she does. Now it is likely so MC gets access to Elena with some bad feelings on his side and guilt on hers. If Elena had made that choice cause she felt MC was not ready yet with offer of help, we could have had same MC being angry and disagreeing with her while Elena would not have been shitted upon heavily for example and looking way more positive and conflict drama also there. :p

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I would like to know how the results of the poll on Patreon are going. Waifston must have a very distinct audience...

acondo

Jul 23, 2020
That's the true reason why this turned into such a mess? For that matter I created a poll, people have voted for the continuation of the remake.
Ok mate, I have to ask

Did you actually read the thread? Do you actually believe that is the biggest problem of the remake?

There are by this point probably more than a hundred post longer than an essay, telling you in a lot of detail what they think is wrong with the remake. I’m pretty sure if you actually read the thread you will find with pinpoint accuracy the biggest perceive flaws of the remake, and extract valuable information of how to fix them.

Your post make me think that you are just disregarding everything as hate without seeing any validity to what I see are valid arguments.

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes