D

Deleted member 2366660

In short, in your opinion what should Waifston do? Don't get me wrong, my curiosity is genuine. It's just that I didn't think of anything he can do to fix things. Should he redo the DEMO? What is that? Is the remake of the remake's DEMO? :LOL::LOL::LOL:
He didn't deliver on his premium version so he should work in it or on the previous version - depending on the patreon's choice, i heard they chose the premium version. That's an economic reality.

But do this work - new renders, dialogues... - with the aim to add it to a reworked premium version.

Again, Waifston does not have the easiest road. But that is actually the road where we see good and crazy things. So I am hopeful. Don't give up, Waifston.

Reactions: saynotoNTR

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Aren't we forgetting the most important thing? What is the opinion of those who are patreons? First of all, how did the poll on Patreon end?

D

Deleted member 2366660

Aren't we forgetting the most important thing? What is the opinion of those who are patreons? First of all, how did the poll on Patreon end?
He'll have to do what patreons tell him to do. That's why I don't like this system of donators when it is based on a something as superficial and frivolous as wanking...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
So what's the difference between old version, original version and premium version? And should I try it?
Just because of your laziness you shouldn't even try anything.

He'll have to do what patreons tell him to do. That's why I don't like this system of donators when it is based on a something as superficial and frivolous as wanking...
It is a fair system. Doesn't money rule the world?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think this change can be made from little things. For example, keep the conflict between Elena and the protagonist be find a reason the latter is TRULY responsible for to make Elena refuse the recommandation to him. Keep the aggressive and wild mother, still doing her rebellious things, up to the point she is truly confronted to true despair and has no choice but to surrender to the aunt - in a light and comedic manner.

It is made of so little things that can be resolved from dialogues first.
I disagree, those characters as are in premium are not rescuable as is nor can be turned around without loads of problems (it is almost impossible to change first impression of characters in a game that is developed over months), nor is MC himself. Alice has become a weakness instead of a strength as Cinderella in distress and it is the main overarching story of the game as is it seems.

They will all need an overhaul from start, given better reasons for their actions and become more relatable and have something to love about them and same for Sofia and dimmed down by a lot. Aunt you might save maybe with adding more to her and Zach can be dropped reasonably easily if dev wanted it, but it would have huge consequences for story and planned conflicts.

Basically the dev has three options at the moment:

Continue premium as is, maybe try to salvage a few characters later in game by succeeding in turning them around and make them loveable despite first impression and people wanting a relation with them. This will be hard and will require some great writing and will likely conflict with currently planned things in game, since they are likely as they are now for a reason. Likely you will lose players like me, but you might keep players that like consequences and lot of antagonists on board and get new players over time.

Redo the premium from start, maybe even as a fully new game with new characters and story from start that will be less overblown. Disadvantage it will be a rework on a rework and dev must be behind that idea in the first place and have ideas for that. In my eyes probably in long run best option based on my opinion of the premium, but it is not like my opinion is law or the TRUTH. :p

Last option, go back in old game to before the reintroduction of Alice and use that to introduce characters like the aunt with drama that is more based on conflicting viewpoints or inability to communicate while they still care for each other and add the story and drama slowly from there. Disadvantage you miss the whole Alice arc as such and will need to be changed to fit new drama, overarching story arc needs to be changed into for example the reconciliation between the sisters and let aunt and granny agree/to convert to your life style as MC.

Disadvantages same as two, going back to old version, needs a technical rework to add the improvements from premium which will take loads of time and it will be hard to introduce extra drama for the old characters since they are already set in stone like MC, so you cannot make him change and grow too much, which is also the single real advantage since that will keep the tone lighter as many liked.

Last edited:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Waifston posted on Patreon's page, asking for opinions about DDS. Apparently, Joseph K. was right. Waifston intends to continue the Premium Edition (right choice, in my opinion).

D

Deleted member 2366660

I disagree, those characters as are in premium are not rescuable as is nor can be turned around without loads of problems (it is almost impossible to change first impression of characters in a game that is developed over months), nor is MC himself. Alice has become a weakness instead of a strength as Cinderella in distress and it is the main overarching story of the game as is it seems.
That's why I thought it would be nice to keep her in her wildest aspect until she truly hits the wall known as order.

They will all need an overhaul from start, given better reasons for their actions and become more relatable and have something to love about them and same for Sofia and dimmed down by a lot. Aunt you might save maybe with adding more to her and Zach can be dropped reasonably easily if dev wanted it, but it would have huge consequences for story and planned conflicts.
Dialogues has to be reworked but the premium's renders are still functional. And I disagree about Zach : he has a nice standing for a teenage crybaby type of character. I agree with you on Sofia's character.

Just to say that Waifston has a lot more alternatives as it seems. He just needs to tweak things.

Last edited by a moderator:

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
I disagree about Zach : he has a nice standing for a teenage crybaby type of character.
I said it once, I'll say it again. Waifston is going to force a friendship with Zachary. For what reason I don't know.

Dialogues has to be reworked but the premium's renders are still functional.
We need at least a dialogue with Elena depending on our choices, where is the option to refuse Elena's excuses?

I agree with you on Sofia's character.
Sofia can rot in hell. I never liked this bitch, not even in the old version, much less in the current one.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I said it once, I'll say it again. Waifston is going to force a friendship with Zachary. For what reason I don't know.

We need at least a dialogue with Elena depending on our choices, where is the option to refuse Elena's excuses?

Sofia can rot in hell. I never liked this bitch, not even in the old version, much less in the current one.
See here is the problem, just tweaking will not do it to turn those characters around or make them relatable. :p As are they will just not fit a romantic harem game. You need more as an excuse for Elena why she threw MC knowingly under a bus, knowing his past where she failed to help and protect him with the position in game she has like she was afraid to lose him. That would only make her even more of an egotistical bitch and that goes for the whole list of characters. Not even talking about the unrelatable MC as is in both character and looks that really makes no sense he will be able to grow into the successful male gold digger and savior of his mother with his current capabilities in a believable way.

The character and story as are might fit a very dark and corrupted harem game where negativity and revenge rules, not a romantic one. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2366660

To get close to his mother.

In my opinion, the issue about the Elena/main character's relationship is about responsability. In the eyes of most people, the protagonist is not guilty of his misfortune - I don't agree with it, I can not comprehend why he missed so many classes... but anyway. He is treated unfairly and Elena ends up as the enemy to loathe.

Waifston can find a true reason as to why the main protagonist has his recommendation refused. Something that can truely enable the dichotomy in Elena as : "no, I don't want to ditch him because he is a friend" and "I have to be fair and just because I'm a teacher and mostly because I'm his mother's friend".

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Mediocre as : not bad nor good. Just your run-of-the-mill game that has nothing more to it. Just good for fapping.

I actually think Waifston has a good materiel for a nice story...
He went from mediocre silly relaxing experience to badly written cliche mountain in the worst way possible. Sometimes, not trying to reach something you couldn't, and sticking what you're good at simply works better, especially if it isn't a new project but a remake.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
In my opinion, the issue about the Elena/main character's relationship is about responsability.
In version 0.1, Elena was a friend of Alice.
In version 0.2, Elena is a friend of the MC.

Elena didn't try to help. Elena did not warn Alice about the classes that MC did not attend. Elena did not tell the MC that he would not receive the recommendation. Elena just wanted to see him embarrass himself in front of the principal. Elena knows that he was not going to school because of Sofia. Elena fucked things up.

D

Deleted member 2366660

He went from mediocre silly relaxing experience to badly written cliche mountain in the worst way possible. Sometimes, not trying to reach something you couldn't, and sticking what you're good at simply works better, especially if it isn't a new project but a remake.
And yet, he still tries to make his game better even if he is shit at writing a story. That is honorable.

D

Deleted member 2366660

Elena didn't try to help. Elena did not warn Alice about the classes that MC did not attend. Elena did not tell the MC that he would not receive the recommendation. Elena just wanted to see him embarrass himself in front of the principal. Elena knows that he was not going to school because of Sofia. Elena fucked things up.
That is because of poor writing. I am convinced Waifston wanted us to relate to Elena but failed. And we always end up to the one reason : Waifston is a bad story writer.

It may be harsh. But you have to know what you can do and what you can not when you start something as "important" as the premium version of your game.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
That is because of poor writing. I am convinced Waifston wanted us to relate to Elena but failed. And we always end up to the one reason : Waifston is a bad story writer.
Are you suggesting getting mad at Waifston and not Elena? :KEK::KEK::KEK:
Interesting...

D

Deleted member 2366660

Are you suggesting getting mad at Waifston and not Elena? :KEK::KEK::KEK:
Interesting...
I don't like getting mad at someone... especially for a story I am not paying for.

But you never blame the character for his narrative flaws. Only the writer is to blame.

• Haha

Waifston

i am just man, ok?
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
  • DDS/Dynamic Dating Simulator
000.png
If you already played the latest update (0.2) you know what is DDS. But if you are not familiar with it here is a quick explanation...
DDS aka Dynamic Dating Simulator it's a complex dating system dedicated to create a real-life experience of the date. During the date event, your partner has 3 main stats that you need to consider. Interest, Restraint, Drunkenness. Keep your dating partner interested in you by increasing the Interest stat. The success of your date depends on how much she will be interested in you. Restraint is your date partner's overall restrainment, her defense. If you want to do some... lewd stuff with her, breakthrough her defense! Drunkenness... Well, making your dating partner drunk will unlock a whole new of set interactions + you may learn more about her... This is just a short quick explanation, the full tutorial of DDS will be available in the game soon.
Share your thoughts. What do you want to see in the DDS? Do you want it to be more real, more challenging... or maybe do you want it to be more simple and straightforward?

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes