Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Unraveling August v0.2 (MultiMod)[Sababukin]

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Started to work on the mod.
Just a heads up: Old saves won't work, but it doesn't look likes it's this mod or my mods fault, since I tried it on unmodded versions (making save in unmodded v0.2, trying to load in v0.3, rollback error). Seems like there are some changes in the code, which might always happen in the early stages of a game.
Prepare to start a new game.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Feel bad for this person but it seems they haven't been around since July making an update fairly unlikely.
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about it if I don't get a reply. But as I see it, taking over is for the players. In case they come back and want to pick up where they left, I will drop my mod. Seems like the best solution to balance the original modders and players interests.

Zesti38

Jul 17, 2022
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about it if I don't get a reply. But as I see it, taking over is for the players. In case they come back and want to pick up where they left, I will drop my mod. Seems like the best solution to balance the original modders and players interests.
Thanks so i will be able to start the game :)
also look like a good deal as long as u good with that in case they come back.

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'll have to make my mod thread and wait for it to get accepted/publizised.
The links in my signature have the mod uploaded to the "Unraveling August" folder.

Please wait with bug reports until my thread is public. Not that I expect any, but we all know how it is. :LOL:
I will post a link here as soon as I can.

Edit: New mod thread is approved!

Last edited:

Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020
The links in my signature have the mod uploaded to the "Unraveling August" folder.

Please wait with bug reports until my thread is public. Not that I expect any, but we all know how it is. :LOL:

thx
btw are you interested in taking over his other 3 projects?
https://f95zone.to/threads/hero-to-villain-remastered-v0-2-walkthrough-mod-sababukin.152301/
https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-harem-0-27-future-versions-cheatmod-sababukin.150584/
https://f95zone.to/threads/vae-vict...-breed-all-version-cheatmod-sababukin.153048/

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Ahhh, well, you see, what can I say…

I guess I could. Not sure about Vae Victis, since it had some things I didn't like to mod, when I had a look at it a looong while ago. Will have another look, I remember talk about the code being changed.
Will probably start with Hero to Villain, since it's not a sandbox. Should be easier to make a mod for.
Then Lust Harem, which I play myself every now and then.
After that, I might have a look at Vae Victis.

It might take a few days, since I'm currently working on something else. Maybe I get to it on the weekend or early next week. I will post in the mod threads, when I have something to show!

Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020
Ahhh, well, you see, what can I say…

I guess I could. Not sure about Vae Victis, since it had some things I didn't like to mod, when I had a look at it a looong while ago. Will have another look, I remember talk about the code being changed.
Will probably start with Hero to Villain, since it's not a sandbox. Should be easier to make a mod for.
Then Lust Harem, which I play myself every now and then.
After that, I might have a look at Vae Victis.

It might take a few days, since I'm currently working on something else. Maybe I get to it on the weekend or early next week. I will post in the mod threads, when I have something to show!
no problem, im just happy that some games that i liked are being taken care of

Reactions: RiamMar

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018

Now I can unwatch this thread in particular.

Thank you for your work with the new mod, Riam.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Please don't create a cheat mode for Vae Victis - Khan, it has an internal cheat mode called VN Mode. I don't care if people cheat, more power to them, but external mods break the game and people complain about non existing bugs caused by faulty mods.

The current VN Mode already allows you to win any combat with zero troops and Obedience and Morale never drops. You literally can't fail even if you try, you only have to activate VN Mode. If you think any cheat capability is still missing from VN Mode let me know and I'll try to incorporate it in the game, but external mods break the game.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Please don't create a cheat mode for Vae Victis - Khan, it has an internal cheat mode called VN Mode. I don't care if people cheat, more power to them, but external mods break the game and people complain about non existing bugs caused by faulty mods.

The current VN Mode already allows you to win any combat with zero troops and Obedience and Morale never drops. You literally can't fail even if you try, you only have to activate VN Mode. If you think any cheat capability is still missing from VN Mode let me know and I'll try to incorporate it in the game, but external mods break the game.
That's fair, alright. I have seen the VN mode and probably would have reconsidered making cheats for it when I got to start working on the mod.
I'll concentrate on the labels/VN mode then, I guess. Thanks for the interventive message. :)

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
That's fair, alright. I have seen the VN mode and probably would have reconsidered making cheats for it when I got to start working on the mod.
I'll concentrate on the labels/VN mode then, I guess. Thanks for the interventive message. :)
The VN Mode is nice and all but there should be away to add money in both style so we can build faster.

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
The VN Mode is nice and all but there should be away to add money in both style so we can build faster.
Hey there and yes. I'm pretty sure Doorknob22 didn't mean a money cheat or options to rename the MC or something. Especially since I usually tend to try and use "official" properties/functions to e.g. add gold and my mods don't overwrite game code and labels. As long as there's no anti-cheat detection or code obfuscation like in A17 or some other games I code read recently, that is.
What I would be worried about and — after the dev asking not to do cheats — will not touch, would be speeding up or adding troop (that's still a thing right?) or "hack" events that are heavily calculated, like the battles.

I will have a look what is feasible. Inventory money, Khaganate money, story flags like "aerlithSeduction" etc. "The easy stuff" that wouldn't break anything. :D