Unreal Engine Unreal Lust Theory [v0.3.3] [Inceton Games]

2.60 star(s) 15 Votes

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
"It's much better graphically than House Party"
See, I disagree - my main reason is that people see raytracing and think "Oh pretty" - House Party, graphically is right where it needs to be. It doesn't need to be run on an alien space craft to get decent gameplay, and it doesn't look like a shitty Switch port. The game is right where it knows it needs to be.

This game, however, is trying way too hard by using pointlessly high detailed, pre-modelled assets and raytracing thrown in for pointless measure. This means it not only needs an ultra high end machine to run at 60+ fps, but that it also cuts your potential client base down by a large margin.

Edit - my primary point about the assets, is that I've seen those same houses, models and character bases in plenty of other games, which have tried to be more than they are.

Reactions: Snusen and Nemo56

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
The problem with 3D games is that it takes so long to make, heck, even 2D takes a long time and on top of that not everyone has the hardware to play it. I think 3D games should be bite size and not something the scale of Lust Theory.
one thing to maybe add here is that 2D will also always look way better.
since they get hours to get rendered instead of a fraction of a second.

something like big brother would translate better to 3D probably because it's a small area.
if they now stopped doing the outside world and just would create content in the house,
this game would probably have a brighter future if they get the performance in check.

until every lust theory character is created will take years, they already needet months to create both characters.
but i must say the quality of the characters are way better as in the first version.
I would like to see this one completed but i dont see how that is possible for them.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
3D can look as good as a pre-rendered scene, in fact - it can look better because you have motion, movement, interaction etc. However the important thing to note here is that it is entirely subjective.
that's just not true, there is nothing subjective.
There is a clear reason why 2D renders take hours to make while your gpu can render 3D in seconds.
It's because lots of technics which is used in pictures are just not possible to do in 3D because you would get 1 frame per hour.
Ray Tracing already exists for decades in pre rendered movies but were just possible with RTX cards for 3D.#

but i agree with the rest

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
My opinion with this Real time thing is "if you are gonna do it, do it 100%". I smell DAZ in unreal and for me its like playing FFVII remake in 4K 100fps in flat screen, and going to VR to see the same wonderful world all blurry and stuttery, or like living the adventure of your life as a passenger in a jet in VR but its just a regular panoramic low res flat image in 360. It doesn't work as intended.
But its cool though

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Great demo, has a huge potential.
"Potential" ... the most often used term when it comes to games for adult audiences. Everyone sees potential everywhere.
The problem is usually the end result ... if it reaches an end at all.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
It's much better graphically than House Party, but damn is it rough to run.
So far? No, not even close. All it has are high detailed environment models. But graphics are more than just models. They need to fit. The huge empty rooms in this game I don't consider to be "good" in any way. The rooms in House Party look as if someone is actually living there.
House Party uses older technology, that's all. Precalculated shadows for walls and fixed objects, shadow projections for the rest. It's not inferior to this game in any way so far - except for the outdoor areal of course.

Another issue is why Lust Theory? perfect opportunity for something different, even a crossover game, Mia, LT, Jennifer and all their supporting cast... throw the Lustyverse girls at it too.
That you could do in any game, there's no need for a 3D environment for that.

One question if they are using UE5 do they have access to their Meta Human tech? This would make the DAZ models we are used to obsolete.
Tech needs to be learned. If they want to go anywhere, they must use what they know. They have not enough people to start anything really big.

I think with the people they have at their disposal, they try too much.
But of course I would love to get proven wrong.

Reactions: LSC82

MilfMaster90

Sep 26, 2017
"Potential" ... the most often used term when it comes to games for adult audiences. Everyone sees potential everywhere.
The problem is usually the end result ... if it reaches an end at all.
All it depends on how much effort the devs are willing to put into this game. It’s much more difficult to make a 3d game than simple VN.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
Are you saying that someone preferring 2D content over 3D content is NOT subjective?

And what is the "clear reason" that you suggest here? Because as someone who works with 3D applications all day, every day - I'd like to know why I'm wasting my time working within the gaming industry and 3D modelling space when there is someone right here on F95 who knows more than I should know!

Fractally wrong and a flat out lie.

Yep. About the only thing that's correct here.
1) no? quality is not subjective dude.

2-3) then show me how you put out an vn with 60 renders which are in high quality within 1 second lol

4) you just proofed 2-3 yourself lol

• Angry
Reactions: .Sirene

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Right now there is only 1 scene in the game - sex with Megan in 4 positions. Camera can be moved around but there is no variation to each position or interactivity in any way. That's it - that's all there is right now. They removed the other characters and scenes for now.
The models do look better than the 1.0 version but it still runs like shit

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
Unplayable with the current controller settings...
Yes, if I had a way to assign the key assignment on the controller itself (like on the keyboard, for example)...
At least the corridor looks pretty good...

May 16, 2018
Yes, if I had a way to assign the key assignment on the controller itself (like on the keyboard, for example)...
yes, they need to add a 'cuck' button, like in BIG BROTHER

May 16, 2018
imagine using the corridor to get cucked! that would be awesome

2.60 star(s) 15 Votes