Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Dylan Dog

Jun 5, 2022
I Went through last couple of pages and I didn't see that anyone reported an error that I get but only on very few games. Python is working, unren start unpacking the archive but then goes through all the image files and says "Could not extract file xxx.png from blabla... the object has no attribute 'encode'. It happens only in like 2-3% of the games at the most. Everything else works fine

Merge2000

Jul 30, 2022
I Went through last couple of pages and I didn't see that anyone reported an error that I get but only on very few games. Python is working, unren start unpacking the archive but then goes through all the image files and says "Could not extract file xxx.png from blabla... the object has no attribute 'encode'. It happens only in like 2-3% of the games at the most. Everything else works fine
Are you use the Unren-Version matching the Renpy Version of the Game (game\script_version.txt)?

Dylan Dog

Jun 5, 2022
Yes I use the right Ren'Py. I can unpack other games with same version of Ren'py in their game/script_version.txt without any problems. It is just a really small number of them that report this error I posted above

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/ripples-ep-1-remaster-beta-jestur.56110/
anyone unpacked this? no unren version works, always error Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
[CITAZIONE="dacris69, post: 8865042, membro: 299172"]
https://f95zone.to/threads/ripples-ep-1-remaster-beta-jestur.56110/
qualcuno l'ha scompattato? nessuna versione unren funziona, sempre errore Impossibile individuare python.exe, impossibile continuare.
[/CITAZIONE]
Renpy version?
This thread does not have the latest stuff.

Try over here:

Link to VepsrP's thread

I used UnRen-ultrahack(v6) on that same download and it worked just fine.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Hmm i tested on other games with other renpy versions, i get the same error, what could cause it? i need something else installed?
its been around 2 months since ive played any VN but i remember working fine then, im on w10

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
UnRen doesn't recognize more and more games, Being a DIK, Ripples....
I've been using UnRen on Being a DIK since it came out, up to and including the Interlude release. I have also successfully used UnRen on the latest release of Ripples. You are not on the thread that has the UnRen release that works on those games.

See the link in my post 3 posts before yours.

ttytty12

Jun 19, 2022
it have error ,choose 1 it unpack file rpa ,but choose 2 display is no .rpyc files found ,mean no have file rpy ,so how can fix it ??

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
none of the versions work for me, i guess there is no alternative to unren?
You are right, there is no alternative to UnRen. But if you would read some of the posts on this page, especially mine, you would learn that the owner of THIS thread has not updated his version of the tool in ages, and that another person (on another thread) is actually working on versions that work.

It's over here

I can promise you that the version of UnRen there works on Ripples. I've done it.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
it have error ,choose 1 it unpack file rpa ,but choose 2 display is no .rpyc files found ,mean no have file rpy ,so how can fix it ??
The version of UnRen you are using probably doesn't check in subdirectories for .rpyc files. But, check the link in my post just above this one, for a version that should work for you.

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
I tried all those versions and older ones, except windowed , i get error with all of them on newer renpy versions. No idea why, i would try the windowed version but cant figure out how lol.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I tried all those versions and older ones, except windowed , i get error with all of them on newer renpy versions. No idea why, i would try the windowed version but cant figure out how lol.
IF you tried the versions on the other thread and they didn't work, then ask your question over there.

RetroDen86

Aug 31, 2022
View attachment 1065329

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in ), decompile RPYC files (using built in ), enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games and more.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source. Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10. XP and Vista users might need this PowerShell update from Microsoft:

Instructions:
1. Copy UnRen.bat to either the game's root directory (where the exe is) or the /game/ folder
2. Double click on UnRen.bat to execute
3. Select the option you require

Both RPA and RPYC files will be extracted/decompiled to the same path as the original files.

Known Issues:
- Having non-ASCII characters in your folder path may cause issues

Let me know if you encounter any issues or bugs.

Contributions:
If you'd like to contribute any changes or improvements, check out the new (currently out of date)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks like you need an update. Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801 blocks it.

Code:
   ! Error: Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
            Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit...

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I was getting tired of Ren'Py 8.* breaking this utility (in terms of Python location and/or RPA format), so the OP has been updated with a v1.00 UnRen.bat that can also handle newer Ren'Py installs (while remaining backwards-compatible with older games.)

A couple other alterations, too - see the Change log for details.

Feel free to report bugs here and/or via DM.

KeraliKara

Sep 1, 2022
У меня не открывается с новыми играми Renpy.

Помогите пожалуйста.

Can't open for me with new Renpy games.
Help me please.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
У меня не открывается с новыми играми Renpy.

Помогите пожалуйста.

Can't open for me with new Renpy games.
Help me please.
Please download https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/09/2042787_UnRen-1.00.zip from the OP, extract "UnRen-1.00.bat" and place it into either the root of the game's folder or within the "<game root>\game" folder, then double click to run; select the option(s) you need one-at-a-time and check for expected results.

Reactions: oracle255
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes