VN Unity Abandoned Unscripted [Season 1 - Ep.1] [Undergrad Studios]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
realistic expressions tho, these are from DAZ?
I've just started playing around in DAZ Studio, but I've seen some pretty amazing renders from apps like Blender and others as well. In the end, I'm not familiar enough to tell you definitively yes or no. Sorry.

honkyfifteen

Jan 14, 2020
Nice start to the game. Really liked it.
Few bugs here and there, like sometimes a render doesnt load completely and characters go missing. Also noticed bg music stops sometimes while loading a previous save.
But all in all good start. There was a constant chill vibe which was refreshing.
Best part was that the conversations and the date with River actually felt real and was not filled with any cheesy lines or over the top flirting.
Unity is tedious tho, especially not able to roll back. Have to make saves to every choice to get the best outcome.
If quality keeps up, would definitely support the dev after 1 or 2 more updates.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is literally that kristen stewart movie Adventureland: let her lead and you are saved.
MC is clueless and lowest ranked in his pack of friends, so while going to walk the plank,
sent once more for the sheer lol-s by his friends, as they be looking only to revel
in his utter failure, we get to mingle in his lines and by the sheer miracle
of our intuition and a little nudge by them fates, wanting to giggle
at those friends for once, there is this gorgeous babe who is going for
a successful night out by calling us out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Make no mistake, this is a game about powerful mezmerizing women battling it out
some looking to humiliate and belittle MC, one looking to take MC for her prize.

We should call ourselves lucky the man eater wins us for a prize, as the game becomes interesting.

Unity, much like Unreal, is for serious studious who know their C++ and GUI full set of choices.
Smaller game teams with Unity games the size of peanuts (250MB and smth) know how to roll back
and code one UI nimble and useful.

These devs here do not seem too keen about the QOL features
that big gaming studios all strive to provide
to all their hugely acclaimed games across the globe.

The huge size and the goofy lacking UI are a tell tale they are not good enough to play in the big leagues, essentially when you know your Unity or Unreal, the troubles we have here never happen.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Any Mac version ?
Not that I'm aware of for now.

If you have enough space and resources on your mac, what you can try is install a Virtual machine (like VirtualBOX or VMWare), and install a windows Operating system within that Virtual machine, and play basic VNs that way that aren't yet compatible with Apple.

It's a bit of stretch to get access to windows only VNs, but hey, this could be a short term work-around to that limitation.
If this route interests you, make sure you have at least 8gb of ram, 16gb would be recommended though and at leaswt 100gb of free drive space.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
What's wrong with Unity?
It's a widely used programing environment. Don't blame the platform because of bad programmers.
When the code properly implemented, Unity can be quite efficient. I honestly don't see it being an issue for a VN. So long as their code is properly structured and assets decently optimized. They're good to go.

Reactions: fortuna95

big_hawg

Jul 3, 2022
"Take your relationship to the next level with non-explicit, story driven sex scenes, unique to each character. Fully optional, sex positive and super hot."

Please someone explain this to me. Is this going to be like R-rated movie sex scenes where all you see are tits and never actual penetration?

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
"Take your relationship to the next level with non-explicit, story driven sex scenes, unique to each character. Fully optional, sex positive and super hot."

Please someone explain this to me. Is this going to be like R-rated movie sex scenes where all you see are tits and never actual penetration?
Let me check my crystal ball...
-Nope still too foggy to tell this early on.

Lets call up a mind reader and peer into UndergradSteve's mind..
-Shit I lost "The amazing Kreskin's" phone number..

Looks like we'll have to sit around and chew our nails out until more chapters are released.

:ROFLMAO:

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
What's wrong with Unity?
It's a widely used programing environment. Don't blame the platform because of bad programmers.
When the code properly implemented, Unity can be quite efficient. I honestly don't see it being an issue for a VN. So long as their code is properly structured and assets decently optimized. They're good to go.
Yeah nothing wrong with Unity, but a lot of devs who use it for VNs I feel don't handle the use of the engine well which results in a lot of issues for users.

Reactions: Borkie56

Hooah

Nov 12, 2019
Yeah nothing wrong with Unity, but a lot of devs who use it for VNs I feel don't handle the use of the engine well which results in a lot of issues for users.
I just don't see as a user what advantages it offers over something like Ren'py. Whenever I play a unity game, it always seems to be a lower overall QOL.

Reactions: Borkie56

Dr Secz

Sep 30, 2020
View attachment 2369299

Overview:
Dive into the world of a wannabe writer and his friends trying to make it in Hollywood.
Build deep friendships, go on hilarious adventures and fall in love.
Make highly impactful choices and shape your story in one of the most ambitious visual novels ever created.​

Thread Updated: 2023-04-20
Release Date: 2023-04-11
Developer: Undergrad Studios - -
Censored: No
Version: Season 1 - Ep.1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - - -

Shared by, richiman

View attachment 2369287 View attachment 2369288 View attachment 2369289 View attachment 2369290 View attachment 2369291 View attachment 2369292
View attachment 2369293 View attachment 2369294 View attachment 2369295 View attachment 2369296 View attachment 2369297 View attachment 2369298
8gb, first episode... Overview looks interesting. I could try it and after few updates give my review. Is there any chance later to download only update? Every time to download more than 8gb is a bit annoying.

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes