VN Unity Abandoned Unscripted [Season 1 - Ep.1] [Undergrad Studios]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
Looks really good, story is pretty fun. Honestly though, If you take away the amazing renders and fancy UI, it's just a regular VN.

walkthrough in the future would be cool

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
Jesus fucking christ......his friends are a nightmare. Like not even quirky and fun....just a trainwreck that would ruin any real interaction and that's exactly what this game is aiming for. They wonder why he cant pick up girls and the first thing his female friend does is when things are naturally going decent is to overwhelmingly and abrasively shove herself into the conversation one minute in. Then you get back to your friends who are active pieces of shit who immediately start ragging on you in front of the girl then announcing they were recording the whole interaction. By grace of the game it works out, but only to excuse whatever was going on there. The rest is a mixed bag. I hope this becomes more and I like the one and only love interest, but less of that would be welcome.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
another fine game, ruined by unity - you know, the engine that makes the fan on your laptop sound like a jet on takeoff, even if it shows you a textfile.
seriously, why do people code games like this on Unity and not on Renpy? Unity is practically just there to burn fossile fuels, without the comfort of a Renpy Game.
I want to laugh and cry at the same time because this is so true

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I want to laugh and cry at the same time because this is so true
Just set the graphics to "high" instead of ultra (not like the game needs "ultra" settings anyways because the acceleration will practically only benefit the animated menu and not so much still images), and go "full screen" instead of full "screen windowed". Fans will spin down.

By default Unity is more geared for animations rather than a slideshow. And fact that it will assume it's serving up animations like a shooter game, it will set graphic accelerations to full. Which I agree to some extent, is somewhat stupid. This is an oversight of Undergrad Studios. They can force a lower preset of settings as well as force fullscreen to prevent users that don't have a budget to grab the latest 4090s from invidia.

I think it's just a question of the creators not being very experienced with Unity because the engine is very viable, when used adequately. Personally, I think they went this direction as a futile attempt at circumventing scripters from hacking away at their code to work around the ingame variables (that hasn't worked for EA using more mature game engines, so I'm not sure why they thought this would work for them). And as much as I enjoy the content they usually fork-out, I think this is going to be a negative learning curve that will ultimately chew into their overall revenue.

Either way, they will end up learning that lesson, *cough*the hard way*cough*.
Face-planting usually does that...

• Sad
Reactions: Yuri L

Woodalicca

Jun 13, 2022
Good potential. Nice writing and nice renders. A gallery should be added in order to track missed scenes and oh, can anyone share a walkthrough if possible ?

P.S : 7 gb for a 1st build is crazy. Hope it can get lighter.

Gwarf

Apr 15, 2019
I played the demo, but this version isn't working for me, the progress bar when loading just freezes around a third of the way and never moves again. Any hints of how to fix this?

richiman

May 3, 2022
Unscripted
Downlaod:

The MAC version doesn't exist so don't ask.

Changelog:​
• Fixed players name not loading after closing the game. (Any old saves will not have the name that was inputted, but
new saves should have them).
• Fixed spacing issue when loading a save.
• Fixed issue with characters name being white when loading a save.
• Fixed being doubled on load.
• Fixed narrator having an extra space at start of the dialogue.
• Changed 3D music to be controlled by the music slider rather than the SFX slider.
• Fixed issue causing choices to be interacted with when pressing spacebar.
• Fixed issue where cutscenes became stretched on ultrawide screens.
• Fixed issue with attendant having a white name when ił should be grey.
• Changed how Scriptables are loaded, this reduces most initial loading. Instead, ił will be loaded in the background
while you are in the menu.
• Changed frame limit to 60 unless vsync is off due to players having issues with high gpu usage.
Other minor bug fixes.

Last edited:

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
Jesus fucking christ......his friends are a nightmare. Like not even quirky and fun....just a trainwreck that would ruin any real interaction and that's exactly what this game is aiming for. They wonder why he cant pick up girls and the first thing his female friend does is when things are naturally going decent is to overwhelmingly and abrasively shove herself into the conversation one minute in. Then you get back to your friends who are active pieces of shit who immediately start ragging on you in front of the girl then announcing they were recording the whole interaction. By grace of the game it works out, but only to excuse whatever was going on there. The rest is a mixed bag. I hope this becomes more and I like the one and only love interest, but less of that would be welcome.
This. The fact that the girl was down to earth and recognized the female friend saved the day. Otherwise she would've been gone from there in 5 minutes. Who the hell records their friend hitting on a girl and admit it while she's sitting right next to them? I guess devs tried to make friends awkwardly funny but they turned out just awkward.

Anyway, I see potencial. Hope main plot will get better. Single LI so far, but whole date was nicely done. Shame on Unity, but great renders, and MC could be looking slightly better.

Last edited:

raptorcoop022

Apr 3, 2021
I already like this game a lot better than college kings 2, that game just keeps getting more stale. This one has a much fresher take.

Reactions: cayseron

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I really like this game. Some Unity technical issues aside, I enjoyed pretty much everything. Far surpasses their previous work in my opinion and I am a sucker for lots of choices even if most don't greatly change the story. Only downside is the overall length. Decent length for a first episode, maybe could've been a bit longer, though they stated this is only going to have 6 episodes at least for season 1. If they commit to more seasons this may end up being really good. The optics for length for season 1 feels like a lot is going to be left on the table.

colormask

Oct 12, 2022
I like the renders and the story. But this game desperately needs a walkthrough. There are too many choices with consequences. No rollback option to try out the different choices. A limited number of save slots, so you can't have saves for all your previous choices. Oh! And in all your saves you get the save screen as the screenshot, so it's impossible to identify which save corresponds to what. Plus there is no option to name your saves to help you identify them somehow. All of that makes it a real grind to play through. If this were made in Renpy, many of those problems could've been avoided by retaining default settings. But since this is a Unity game and like most Unity games, the dev forgot to include some of the most important features, only a walkthrough can be its saving grace as far as playability is concerned.

Also, in the scene where River accompanies the MC to his home if you choose "No" to "Do you want to skip the sex scene?", the scene progresses and pauses at "They're sickly sweet, coated in a thin film of lip gloss. Watermelon, maybe?", and gets stuck there. Is this because the actual sex scene hasn't yet been completed in this update? If you choose to skip the sex scene, the story continues. But doesn't that defeat the very purpose of playing an AVN? Can anyone shed light on this?

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 6 Votes