majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
Is this written by AI or by a nine year old? It's full of non sequiturs and repititions and nonsense. Text often doesn't match the scene. Some scenes don't make any sense. What a very strange experience... I can't even say if it's intentionally strange or just bad. The Melvin-Nicole holiday conversation is just trippy. Is the double introduction intentional, or was the writer drunk? Man, I am so confused. Yet, only 5 star ratings. That confuses me even more. Am I the only one not getting it?? Too trippy for me.

Morrister

Mar 7, 2019
hmm i'm playing it with the mod, and i'm hating how the best choices are the ones where she's more naive and passive. the decision to continue investigating by herself and the dude blocking the way wanting to fondle her, wtf, a cop would right away put him down. then next day choosing to go alone to the encounter and later the other creepy dude entering the bathroom to ask her if she liked the hand kiss and from then he just grabs her boobs, like wtf???

95% of the time i play games with female main characters, I quit early on cos it's so unbearable to have to choose to be with dudes who are rapey, and worse than that, there's nothing else available for them. I feel this uneasiness specially when the game tries to be realistic. Cos then you know there are bad consequences for your character - I want my MC to be able to choose things that really serves them.
I guess that with most of the games with a male MC, women there are just so ridiculously built that I don't take the whole game as seriously, it becomes just a silly fantasy without consequences. (i mean, unfortunately in real life there are people behaving as bastardly as those MCs, but well)

DemonLad

Developing Unseen Instincts
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Is this written by AI or by a nine year old? It's full of non sequiturs and repititions and nonsense. Text often doesn't match the scene. Some scenes don't make any sense. What a very strange experience... I can't even say if it's intentionally strange or just bad. The Melvin-Nicole holiday conversation is just trippy. Is the double introduction intentional, or was the writer drunk? Man, I am so confused. Yet, only 5 star ratings. That confuses me even more. Am I the only one not getting it?? Too trippy for me.
English is my 4th language, and maybe because of that native speakers are complaining about this. The scene was supposed to be a flashback, and a continuation of something 'Nicole doesn't remember' trope (indicating she's been busy with the case). Sorry if that was confusing.

Reactions: palyanchp

DemonLad

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
hmm i'm playing it with the mod, and i'm hating how the best choices are the ones where she's more naive and passive. the decision to continue investigating by herself and the dude blocking the way wanting to fondle her, wtf, a cop would right away put him down. then next day choosing to go alone to the encounter and later the other creepy dude entering the bathroom to ask her if she liked the hand kiss and from then he just grabs her boobs, like wtf???

95% of the time i play games with female main characters, I quit early on cos it's so unbearable to have to choose to be with dudes who are rapey, and worse than that, there's nothing else available for them. I feel this uneasiness specially when the game tries to be realistic. Cos then you know there are bad consequences for your character - I want my MC to be able to choose things that really serves them.
I guess that with most of the games with a male MC, women there are just so ridiculously built that I don't take the whole game as seriously, it becomes just a silly fantasy without consequences. (i mean, unfortunately in real life there are people behaving as bastardly as those MCs, but well)
Well, an adult game, especially FMC games needs to have a female with both choices in lewd and case solving. There are points that are being given to her character based on the decisions taken, and if she does skip all these guys/options or carry a stright/lesb path depending on her picks then there can be a "case solving" ending. Realism is something I try to follow but it will entirely deviate from that path as there won't be a full fledged adult game if there was one. I tried my best to keep it both hot and realistic as possible, but based on comments I might have failed here. Hope you like the game in the future.

Morrister

Mar 7, 2019
Well, an adult game, especially FMC games needs to have a female with both choices in lewd and case solving. There are points that are being given to her character based on the decisions taken, and if she does skip all these guys/options or carry a stright/lesb path depending on her picks then there can be a "case solving" ending. Realism is something I try to follow but it will entirely deviate from that path as there won't be a full fledged adult game if there was one. I tried my best to keep it both hot and realistic as possible, but based on comments I might have failed here. Hope you like the game in the future.
oh, thank you for replying! Also, a bit rude of me to skip the part where I praise your work, cos you're doing great! Yeah, what you're saying reminds me of how a soap opera for instance wouldn't have much appeal to it if every character communicated openly and kindly - then there wouldn't be drama, and that's what the public is coming for.
well I guess in VNs people are "coming" for other things too heheh

Anywya, I haven't continued the game yet; I'm considering to wait for a later update to give it a go and try out for example the strictly lesbian route, might be fun :D

Thank you for the work you're doing, for making it available here in f95 and for collecting feedback from players and even replying to them!
Keep on rocking ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: DemonLad

DemonLad

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
oh, thank you for replying! Also, a bit rude of me to skip the part where I praise your work, cos you're doing great! Yeah, what you're saying reminds me of how a soap opera for instance wouldn't have much appeal to it if every character communicated openly and kindly - then there wouldn't be drama, and that's what the public is coming for.
well I guess in VNs people are "coming" for other things too heheh

Anywya, I haven't continued the game yet; I'm considering to wait for a later update to give it a go and try out for example the strictly lesbian route, might be fun :D

Thank you for the work you're doing, for making it available here in f95 and for collecting feedback from players and even replying to them!
Keep on rocking ;)
No worries at all, mate. Your feedback was perfect and I liked it a lot. Good reference there with the Soap opera stuff, haha.

Sure mate, always open to play. Lesbian route is slowly cooking, and will have another scene where you can more spicier stuff. It will go great, I promise.

Thanks for your kind words, happy to have more player feedback, and of course, more players.

Love!

DemonLad

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Unseen Instincts v0.30 - Progress Update, Render Style Changes, and some plans

Again, you lads, thank you for making my last update a huge success. Thanks for supporting me in my rough time, and thanks to that, I've put in a lot of effort to make some visual changes, and I would like to share some new stuff with ya folks.

New Render Style - Better Lighting, Better Textures

My rendering style is something that I have gradually improved, and wanted to give a more 'lively' look. I made some changes to old renders before, but now, I believe it has come out the best. The upcoming renders have undergone slight yet noticeable changes. You can see the old and new renders from the coming v0.30 update.
NEW-1.jpg
NEW-2.jpg
With this, I believe the facial expressions come out better, making the animations more visually attractive. I need your opinions on this of course, so that we will work together and make the project a more successful one.

Patreons - A Thank You and Future Plans

Well, this is once again a heartfelt one. Thanks for supporting me, and given for that, a lot of plans are scheduled. The list is below.

• A 3D Mini-Comic featuring Amelie Banks - Officer+ Tier
  • Nicole and Slyvia - Caught in Romance Animation - Superintendent+ Tier
  • Christmas Wallpapers - Officer+ Tier
  • December 2023 Specials - Detective+ Tier
Some of these benefits will come once the v0.30 update is released.

Unseen Instincts v0.30 Progress

Coming to the main discussion, well, I am 30% done with renders and script. Things are going faster, I'm dedicating more time to renders, and your support is an added motivation. Will keep things updated in my Patreon page's ABOUT section. Keep an eye on that.

So, when the update might arrive? January 2nd week is the possible date, and in the meanwhile, will be dropping more updates soon.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Unseen Instincts v0.30 - Progress Update, Render Style Changes, and some plans

Again, you lads, thank you for making my last update a huge success. Thanks for supporting me in my rough time, and thanks to that, I've put in a lot of effort to make some visual changes, and I would like to share some new stuff with ya folks.

New Render Style - Better Lighting, Better Textures

My rendering style is something that I have gradually improved, and wanted to give a more 'lively' look. I made some changes to old renders before, but now, I believe it has come out the best. The upcoming renders have undergone slight yet noticeable changes. You can see the old and new renders from the coming v0.30 update.
View attachment 3173265
View attachment 3173266
With this, I believe the facial expressions come out better, making the animations more visually attractive. I need your opinions on this of course, so that we will work together and make the project a more successful one.

Patreons - A Thank You and Future Plans

Well, this is once again a heartfelt one. Thanks for supporting me, and given for that, a lot of plans are scheduled. The list is below.

• A 3D Mini-Comic featuring Amelie Banks - Officer+ Tier
  • Nicole and Slyvia - Caught in Romance Animation - Superintendent+ Tier
  • Christmas Wallpapers - Officer+ Tier
  • December 2023 Specials - Detective+ Tier
Some of these benefits will come once the v0.30 update is released.

Unseen Instincts v0.30 Progress

Coming to the main discussion, well, I am 30% done with renders and script. Things are going faster, I'm dedicating more time to renders, and your support is an added motivation. Will keep things updated in my Patreon page's ABOUT section. Keep an eye on that.

So, when the update might arrive? January 2nd week is the possible date, and in the meanwhile, will be dropping more updates soon.
Hell yeah. The updated renders do look so much better. Really hoping that also applies to background/environment assets, as some of those look extremely outdated imo. MC looking really hot with those updated graphics.

One thing I'd love to see in the future is a writer/editor. I know English isn't your first language (same here), but to me personally writing and solid translations are a make or break kind of thing. Good writing elevates a VN massively, and to me it's really immersion breaking when terminology/grammar is lacking. I'd go as far to say that atleast 60% of a VN's quality is determined by it's writing and storytelling. I know there's lots of people who don't care as much about that, but for me it's like reading a book. If the English is broken, it really does drag the whole experience down by alot.

That said, I think your game has lots of potential, and you're obviously trying to improve on all fronts. Best of luck! :)

• Red Heart

DemonLad

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Hell yeah. The updated renders do look so much better. Really hoping that also applies to background/environment assets, as some of those look extremely outdated imo. MC looking really hot with those updated graphics.

One thing I'd love to see in the future is a writer/editor. I know English isn't your first language (same here), but to me personally writing and solid translations are a make or break kind of thing. Good writing elevates a VN massively, and to me it's really immersion breaking when terminology/grammar is lacking. I'd go as far to say that atleast 60% of a VN's quality is determined by it's writing and storytelling. I know there's lots of people who don't care as much about that, but for me it's like reading a book. If the English is broken, it really does drag the whole experience down by alot.

That said, I think your game has lots of potential, and you're obviously trying to improve on all fronts. Best of luck! :)
Thanks mate! Yes, the assets are cheaper ones or sometimes I do them all by scratch, and I try to edit them according to the scene.

About the writing, yes, I've been improving on it, phrasing it better and it does need expert opinion. I can't really "afford" to get someone on board with me, so will have to look at improving my writing for now. Also have a story in mind, so I don't want my creative work to be hindered until an "in-game twist".

Once the game is complete it will undergo a healthy revamp (new updated renders, streamlined storytelling, and better writing) and take some feedback to improvise.

Much appreciated on taking your time to write constructive feedback, my friend. Love!

DemonLad

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Unseen Instincts v0.30 Progress Update and Release Period

Happy New Year lads! Wishing the best for you and your fam, and I also wish you play more games and enjoy your private time. ;)

Now, coming to the progress, the update will surely not have a long 2-3 months wait like usual. I will be wrapping off this update pretty soon. Animations will be limited this time, focusing more on the renders and keeping this update a finish to Chapter 3. So, this first week, you might see the new version of the game go live.

RELEASE PERIOD: January 5-8

WHAT TO EXPECT

As you can see, from Chapter 3 we will be having new improvements in terms of visuals and render textures. Some characters might look different from what you have previously seen, so the previous updates (including some parts of the story) will be getting a healthy revamp in the future once the game has been completed.

Honey, Brace Yourself Progress

After this update, I will be diverting my attention to Honey Brace Yourself, which is also getting a great revamp and if you are a fan of Unseen Instincts for it being a FMC, while also missing out on playing as a Male MC, you will get multiple options to begin your journey in the upcoming game.

Full Post here:

xcalibar4

May 17, 2022
Hmm... Female Detective going lewd and a hint of supernatural corruption, definitely my kind of thing.
Rendering is beautiful, plot is good. Keep up the good work.

• Red Heart

DemonLad

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Hmm... Female Detective going lewd and a hint of supernatural corruption, definitely my kind of thing.
Rendering is beautiful, plot is good. Keep up the good work.
Thanks brother, will work to do it better!

Reactions: xcalibar4

xcalibar4

May 17, 2022
Thanks brother, will work to do it better!
Here's are some mainstream movies that I think can be transformed into Adult games; Not in a parody way, their plot seems to have already erotic tone in it. (OK horrors ones have some sad and messed up things in them but if we remove them we can see it).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think many movies and tv-series have undertone erotism in them but I recently re-watched The Witch (2015) and thought why not share my thought.

• Yay, new update!

DemonLad

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Here's are some mainstream movies that I think can be transformed into Adult games; Not in a parody way, their plot seems to have already erotic tone in it. (OK horrors ones have some sad and messed up things in them but if we remove them we can see it).

I think many movies and tv-series have undertone erotism in them but I recently re-watched The Witch (2015) and thought why not share my thought.
These are good, but yeah, such settings might need time and give I haven't completed this game I can't work on something complex.

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes