Windchaser

Jul 12, 2021
Okay, let me be more emphatic.

Sorry but to say that it is impossible to not be able to tell the difference. We can tell apart fake breasts just fine, why do you think we can't tell apart fake vaginas.
A proper labiaplasty does not leave 'an open slit that is supposed to look like a vagina'. The surgeon constructs labia majora, labia minora, a clitoral hood, clitoris, and locates the urethra and vaginal opening correctly.

Moreover, in here, I'm talking about natural body parts involving true hermaphrodites.
"True hermaphrodites" do not exist outside of invertebrates and fish. Hermaphroditism in humans only exists in fiction. People with intergendered genitalia do exist, but they are not hermaphrodites, and it is insulting to call them that.

That doesn't mean we don't know the biological fact that when they have a penis (or recorded in literature as "enlarged clitoris") and an open vagina, they don't have scrotum.
Those aren't hermaphrodites, those are intersexed people.

They are recorded in medical studies with photographs. The genes only allow either scrotum or open labia to form. Therefore, you can't have both balls, and an open vagina.
Among real humans no, you can't. Among, say, salmon? They have both. At the same time. They still breed in pairs, one providing sperm and one ova, but both can do either. They HAVE to be able to do either, to be a 'hermaphrodite'.

Yes but when it comes to facts, I also feel obligated to make sure people know about it.
Your "facts" are part of a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding that is floating around. I have a lot of intersex and trans friends, and while none of them think hermaphrodites, futas, shemales, or whatever in art are a problem, those aren't words that should be applied to actual people.

Let's look at the gender options in this game, since, y'know, that's what we're talking about.

Biologically female with magically added cock-n-balls: This is the only one that is a hermaphrodite. We presume the female bits still work (though it's not the focus of this game, so that's just an assumption) and the male bits certainly do work since that's a plot point. A being that can function as male or female.

Biologically male with magically added boobs: Not a hermaphrodite. Except for the magic, just a guy that got a boob job, which any dude can do if they want.

"Female upper half with male lower half" - a male with gynecomastia. Can be caused by a hormonal imbalance. Which can be environmental - it's been caused by years of using bad stool that pinched things and messed up production. (Ow.) Can be treated with surgery or hormones, if undesired. (Which it usually is, but might not be.)

Male to female transgender with male reproductive bits - I don't think it's ever said how Lily transitioned (if it is, I missed it) but we can assume magic, hormones, or surgery to get the breasts. Most trans people never get 'bottom surgery' because it's invasive, somewhat dangerous (as is any surgery that takes all day), and is really really expensive if not covered by insurance, which it often isn't.

And the biggest reason your "facts" don't apply to the protagonist of this game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Although I guess that last bit shouldn't be a spoiler to anyone that's made it this far into a thread about the game, but hey.

I suppose our biggest disconnect is you're using the word 'hermaphrodite' to refer to real-world people with intersex genitalia, and I'm using it to refer to creatures that are functionally male and female at the same time, which can only be fictional in humans but do exist in the animal kingdom in the Real World.

Since all the people in this game, of any gender, are fictional, 'real world' limitations don't apply. And it's more fun that way!

PS: Sorry for the hijack, folks. I'll shut up now.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
OP has been updated to 0.7.2c with the following changes:
  • Guild Rank and Expeditions now reset on New Dungeon+
  • Lyra's spell now correctly has its cost reduced by 1 in the Magic Mines
  • Fixed a bug where players would get negative crystals at the end of a run.
  • Added a setting in the preferences menu to disable rollback.
  • Fixed being able to buy Lyra's clothes a few days too early
  • Fixed issues with the Research Tree not allowing you to purchase upgrades in certain orders. You still can't go backwards though.
  • Typo Fixes
All bugs and issues brought forward to me should be fixed now. I've already begun writing 0.8.0 which features the last hangouts for Mirabelle, Ophelia and Hazel. Look forward to it!

lampuiho

Nov 30, 2018
I suppose our biggest disconnect is you're using the word 'hermaphrodite' to refer to real-world people with intersex genitalia, and I'm using it to refer to creatures that are functionally male and female at the same time, which can only be fictional in humans but do exist in the animal kingdom in the Real World.

"True hermaphrodism" is a technical term used in medical fields. And it means a very specific thing. People with only enlarged breasts from hormone imbalance do not classify as "true hermaphrodites". Moreover, true hermaphrodism, literally does exist in real life. Therefore, your suggestion that it is pure fiction is completely wrong. There are fertile hermaphrodite who can both become pregnant and inseminate another.

And the biggest reason your "facts" don't apply to the protagonist of this game:
I disagree. The depictation is clearly those of trans, not futanari, which literally means "true hermaphrodites". The MC does not have a visible vagina clearly. A futanari must have both a penis and a vagina by definition.

Aug 8, 2017
That said, 'futanari' literally means 'hermaphrodite'. True hermaphrodites are really rare and generally only occur among invertebrates and fish. That said, synchronous hermaphrodites have to be able to produce both sperm and ova, so it doesn't make sense to have a human-complexity 'herm' without balls, to me.
All of which is a really long-winded way to say, 'futas' can have balls or not, and show up both ways in art and comics. 'True hermaphrodites' are incredibly rare in the Real World, but generally have both sets of bits in art I've seen. And I know a lot of trans people who haven't had any surgery, and thus still have a biologically male package, or have had 'bottom surgery' and appear fully female, but I don't know any who've had an orchiectomy.
A hypothetical human with both bits (whether it's achieved via magic, magicsufficiently advanced science, or Nature rolling the dice) with internal testes is possible. Without modification to the sperm produced, they wouldn't work from a reproductive standpoint but would still function for their other roles (e.g. hormone production).
"Female upper half with male lower half"
Another possibility is chimerism. That could range from fully different chromosomes in the different regions, to a very specific mutation during early fetal development. (Speaking of misunderstandings, that everyone has 1 DNA sequence, like a very long ID number that every cell carries an exact copy of.)

Helmrim

Jul 14, 2023
Currently my goal is to just get deeper. Not sure if something will trigger once I reach the same level as the hero.

lampuiho

Nov 30, 2018
A hypothetical human with both bits (whether it's achieved via magic, magicsufficiently advanced science, or Nature rolling the dice) with internal testes is possible. Without modification to the sperm produced, they wouldn't work from a reproductive standpoint but would still function for their other roles (e.g. hormone production).
Exactly, left ovary and right testicle can just remain inside. A partial development seen in fetus. However unlike what Windchaser said, it is actually unnatural to have both the scrotum formed and still retain the open vagina, at least not naturally. The skin that covers the vagina labia, is the same skin that forms the scrotum. In fact, there are case studies to show that those hermaprodites with open vagina do not have scrotums. At best they have bulging labia skin, but certain not dangling balls. That said, with magic maybe it's possible but the position of the balls would be off. But that's completely beyond the topic of this game...

Mar 24, 2019
I have the slight feeling that its kind of possible to do an endless dungeon run.
Stacking all the buffs from the traders and the obelisk event lets you scale comparatively to heat.

View attachment 3331567
It's possible, but without later upgrades, you'll eventually stop gaining loot, that's what the yellow text on the side is saying.

So even if you can go forever, you'll always reach an upper limit to what you can get.

LokoDmas

Apr 28, 2020
TwistedScarlett60 will you add a training fight of Lily vs all the maids like when Kane was fighting Ophelia and Amy? and will we talk to Kane at some point to try to make him see his errors or he will be left by himself?

Pirothea

Mar 4, 2019
BUG REPORT ON BUILD Ver 0.7.2b Please Note these were found on a fresh games and new save with a new persistant

- Lose Crystals and Enchanted Crystals at the end of the dugeon run (See Screenshots BUG Crystals 01
and BUG Crystal 02) apparently fixed in Build v0.7.2c

- Seraphina reverts back to her standard maid uniform anytime you replay her boobjob and vaginal
scene (if your wearing another outfit other than the standard one)

- Theres a chunk of dialogue missing from Hazel 3 Hangout (See Screenshots BUG Hazel 3-1 and
BUG Hazel 3-2, the missing dialogue is between those screenshot, 4 Text boxes worth. Been missing
since Build v0.7.1, last seen in Build v0.7.0).

- Durning Lyra 3 Hangout, when Lyra is riding Lily, Mirabelle name was used instead of Lyra on who was
speaking.

- Physical Damage starts doing 0 points of damage in the Dungeon after the
first run (not including the Intro)

Question:

- Is there any Dialogue for Emi joining your dungeon party? All I know is that she becomes a party
member after you complete her 2nd hangout. Ohelia has dialoge and so does Mirabelle.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

Pirothea

Mar 4, 2019
Time for the hilarous thing I've been missing all this time and just noticed

Kane Scalpt.png
Kane been Scalped by Juggernaut durning his fight with her

Pirothea

Mar 4, 2019
TwistedScarlett60

When I was wrapping my run last night and writing up the BUG report, something caught my attention during the Lyra 3 Hangou. So I just double check with it and there seems to be a contradiction about Beatrices decision becoming a succubus that she decide during the Purification 6 event, while in Lyra 3 Hangout Lily stated she decided not to. So what I'm asking is there going to something to explain Beatices 180 like in Beatrices Purifiction 7 when it gets released or is there a bug to play an alternative dialoge under certain conditions that didn't play or an honest writing mistake or something else?

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
TwistedScarlett60

When I was wrapping my run last night and writing up the BUG report, something caught my attention during the Lyra 3 Hangou. So I just double check with it and there seems to be a contradiction about Beatrices decision becoming a succubus that she decide during the Purification 6 event, while in Lyra 3 Hangout Lily stated she decided not to. So what I'm asking is there going to something to explain Beatices 180 like in Beatrices Purifiction 7 when it gets released or is there a bug to play an alternative dialoge under certain conditions that didn't play or an honest writing mistake or something else?
Maybe I misremembered something? It has been a few months since I wrote Beatrice's scenes, so I can double check for consistency.

Reactions: Pirothea

Kalkrion

Feb 27, 2019
I have a question regarding the upgrade system. Some upgrades list a level stat as a dependent, for example Enchanted Arboretum lists that you gain 100 gold per alchemist level per day. My question is does this update if your alchemist level increases? Or does it only check for the present alchemist level at time of purchase.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I have a question regarding the upgrade system. Some upgrades list a level stat as a dependent, for example Enchanted Arboretum lists that you gain 100 gold per alchemist level per day. My question is does this update if your alchemist level increases? Or does it only check for the present alchemist level at time of purchase.
From what I've seen, it updates if the level increases.

Reactions: Kalkrion

darkpyre

Apr 22, 2019
My 2 main complaints is that there isn't a mass upgrade button for when you start getting obscene amounts of materials, and I wish the carry capacity was higher because getting full after a single fight is lame

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes