Mod Urban Demons [L0R3M's Mod]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
Now, I read the plans for this mod/remake back on... think page 27 or so. But I wish to ask to be certain. Do you have any plans to rewrite anything to add more immersion/choices? Be it to Chilly or Nergal's original. The reason I ask is that there are things that could be improved upon - reactions that don't change and so forth - and part of the reason Xalanda's mod is so intriguing despite its myriad bugs is that the difference between the original purity and Xalanda's corrupt route is so much more pronounced.
Specifically, I would like to see something beyond blackmail being done for Lisa and Sarah - the milfs in the park. A scene where you, say, ask for Lisa's help because you got your dick stuck in your fly? Or giving her a hug before putting your dick away. More kissing would be really nice across the board. (Although that can be said for most games LOL)

I want to be clear I'm not asking for more art, just more dialogue. It would help the sensuality of the scenes and immersion.

As for choices, that would be more along the lines of how to seduce/be seduced by the ladies in the game. I would like more choices in terms of having purity and corruption interaction. The original touched on this by slowing the progression and adding several levels of dialogue, but more could be done.

I would also vote to remove Neala. While in the original she eventually added something, I think her role isn't really necessary.
I'd like to add more dialogue and options but I won't make any promises. As for removing Neala, I'm not a big fan of that idea. For one, I'd have to alter puzzles, most of the dialogue in the otherworld, the final boss fight, and the ending. Not to mention all of the quality scenes made for her. I haven't played the original game yet so I'm not sure what she adds in the original, but I have also previously mentioned I'd like to incorporate the story of the original since, as far as I know, the original has a more developed plot, so she may end up contributing more in my mod.

Reactions: roachghost

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
Her progression was very different compared to the other women. First you would get a scene with her in the Otherworld, then a follow-up in the Real World. alternate until completion of game.

But at the same time a lot of her backstory as too why she made a deal with Neala was kinda glossed over. While UxL was a fucking scam and a half, it did give the backstory of her stepmother pretty much stealing her inheritance and casting her off to the lonely apartment where Dizzy lives and Peter uses as a way to place some of the women after their separation from their significant others, but nothing was build up from that which leaves a lot of room for original story if not content.

I do agree with Taboofan however in that the progression system that Nergal made was a good foundation, but there needs to be a bit more. It doesn't have to be a super branching arc where every decision changes her perspective, but something to notice is that there isn't much difference in behavior from level 0 to level 8 or 9. It just goes from reluctant to "I want to jump on that cock NAHW!"

roachghost

Sep 6, 2019
Her progression was very different compared to the other women. First you would get a scene with her in the Otherworld, then a follow-up in the Real World. alternate until completion of game.

But at the same time a lot of her backstory as too why she made a deal with Neala was kinda glossed over. While UxL was a fucking scam and a half, it did give the backstory of her stepmother pretty much stealing her inheritance and casting her off to the lonely apartment where Dizzy lives and Peter uses as a way to place some of the women after their separation from their significant others, but nothing was build up from that which leaves a lot of room for original story if not content.

I do agree with Taboofan however in that the progression system that Nergal made was a good foundation, but there needs to be a bit more. It doesn't have to be a super branching arc where every decision changes her perspective, but something to notice is that there isn't much difference in behavior from level 0 to level 8 or 9. It just goes from reluctant to "I want to jump on that cock NAHW!"
In the Chilly's mod(i dont remember if is the same in the base game), neala explains that backstory, about the stepmother, the contract, etc. She was intended to be a second MC, thats why there is a highschool map.
I don't think it's a good idea to remove her either, she is the only one who interacts with the MC in the otherworld, it would be better if more events with her are added in the normal world(like the one planed with a bottle game with her ,sydney and dizzy), although is very ambitious and not more important than the problems from the base game.
You are right about fixing the progression, is too drastic and sometimes static (like flirt with syndey or mom in the dinner, it doesn't matter how much progression do you have, is always the same lines) and other ones are literally unfinished or bugged in the base game.
In my opinion, i think it would be best to fix those problems from the base game, and then add more content.

ClawedDog

Jul 29, 2020
First are there actual scenes unique to this mod if so how many as of now
Second please add more purity I dunno just much more consual acts just make it better

May 27, 2022
Is there anything to do in the game yet? I can play the intro and after that get to the world map but can't do anything or go anywhere? Why is this version 1.45 gigs if there's not accessible content?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is there anything to do in the game yet? I can play the intro and after that get to the world map but can't do anything or go anywhere? Why is this version 1.45 gigs if there's not accessible content?
See:
1653717833208.png
Also, on OP - right above the download links:
1653717923419.png

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
To try and prevent further questions regarding a lack of content, I have edited the OP to state that there is currently no available content

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
It's fine and understandable, however Boku-kun themselves has stated multiple times in the thread that the game is still PoC. He's making great strides for sure, but still ain't ready for release.

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
IIRC it's cause it's Javascript-based now rather than Ruby-based, but seeing how I have next to nothing of coding language experience, the difference is lost to me other than speed and response.

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
Is there a reason the game is not in PRGM VX Ace anymore?
I chose RPGM MZ for a few reasons:
  • It's the latest engine with more features and quality of life improvements than VX Ace. It also means that the engine will continue to receive updates, plugins and support for years to come.
  • It uses JavaScript instead of Ruby which, like Zaiaku mentioned, has better performance over Ruby so the game should lag less on low spec machines. There are more benefits, such as compatibility since JavaScript is widely supported, but I won't go into them.
  • Native support between Windows, Mac, Android, and IOS.
  • The scenes don't look as good in VX Ace since the lower resolution and smaller window size mean that the scenes need to be shrunk down and stretched out and they end up looking worse because of it.
1653811142588.png
  • Future proofing. What I mean by that is, say someone wants to make there own mod based on the game or update it to a newer engine. Assuming they continue to use JavaScript, then future modders may be able to just convert the game from MZ to the newest engine with a few clicks, similar to how it works updating from MV to MZ whereas they may have to work just as hard, if not harder than me to convert from VX Ace to newest engine.

kccapps

Sep 4, 2020
Came back just to say GOOD LUCK! with this man. Hopefully you make the game ( mod ) up to par with what you want it to be. :)

EDIT : I'm looking forward to trying it out once you have the game mod ver at least running to some degree.

Reactions: L0R3M

Rukatzu

Aug 30, 2018
I chose RPGM MZ for a few reasons:
  • It's the latest engine with more features and quality of life improvements than VX Ace. It also means that the engine will continue to receive updates, plugins and support for years to come.
  • It uses JavaScript instead of Ruby which, like Zaiaku mentioned, has better performance over Ruby so the game should lag less on low spec machines. There are more benefits, such as compatibility since JavaScript is widely supported, but I won't go into them.
  • Native support between Windows, Mac, Android, and IOS.
  • The scenes don't look as good in VX Ace since the lower resolution and smaller window size mean that the scenes need to be shrunk down and stretched out and they end up looking worse because of it.
View attachment 1837497
  • Future proofing. What I mean by that is, say someone wants to make there own mod based on the game or update it to a newer engine. Assuming they continue to use JavaScript, then future modders may be able to just convert the game from MZ to the newest engine with a few clicks, similar to how it works updating from MV to MZ whereas they may have to work just as hard, if not harder than me to convert from VX Ace to newest engine.
In that case, I have my own version of the mod tha I made myself. How do I then move everything to RPGM MZ?

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
In that case, I have my own version of the mod tha I made myself. How do I then move everything to RPGM MZ?
It's mostly just starting a new project in MZ and then overwriting the new project files with your old MV files (.rvdata2 files) as well as moving over assets like graphics. There's also some documentation built into MZ that should help you out, here's a detailing how to get to the documentation. I will mention however that any of the plugins you're using may not necessarily work in MZ, you may need to find MZ versions of the plugins or alternatives that work in MZ.

Reactions: MikeyBurger

Motordeath

Nov 16, 2019
hey i have problems with the game, the characters don't appear when i start the story not even the mother who says "mom said she had something for me, it must be in the kitchen" neither the mother nor sydney nor anyone appears

and the same with the rest of the map, how do I fix it? and the map doesn't seem to work either

Feb 27, 2020
hey i have problems with the game, the characters don't appear when i start the story not even the mother who says "mom said she had something for me, it must be in the kitchen" neither the mother nor sydney nor anyone appears

and the same with the rest of the map, how do I fix it? and the map doesn't seem to work either
game not ready. come again next year

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote