Mod Urban Demons [L0R3M's Mod]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
...how could we change how dialogues appear depending on the beginning of the relationship (rejection and disgust) to the final of the relationship (acceptance and joy)? Therefore only two variables are needed and Boku could use already written dialogue. Or is this how is already done and I just confused?
So, variables are tricky things. They act both as a way to add Variety into the game, while also adding Stability. If you're confused, that means you're on the right track~

At the start of the game, Sydney (just needed a character for example) will have 5 different things she can say to Peter, based off of Variable A. Each time you speak to her, she gives one of 5 random things to say. For instance:

Switch - None
Variable:Talk = 0-4
*words of disgust*

Switch - A ON
*words of begruding praise*

Switch - B ON
Switch - A OFF
*praise*

If you mean the sex scene dialogues, that's a whole other thing, because it means that you need to identify and pull up the corresponding scene and matching dialogue, which is difficult to do. It's why Nergal, Chilly and myself opted for the much easier method of:

Scene:Blowjob
Variable:BJ = 0

*disgust, anger, gross*

Variable:BJ = 1

*annoyance, bothered*

Variable:BJ = 5

*enjoying, wanting more*

At that point, the dialogue doesn't change, because it's been counting up the number of times you've seen a certain scene play out. It's also why rewriting the dialogues gets boring and repetitive - how many different ways can you accurately describe somebody begging Peter for his dick, when they're already pretty much enslaved to him and need it more than breathing?

In any case...

The variables required for any game will always be less than the switches, because you can reuse the same variables for multiple things at multiple times. What's needed is, instead, is definite and concrete times you want to show the scenes, which would determine what is being said at that moment. Urban Demons is, at its core, a sandbox game, where you can fully enjoy just one character completely before moving on to the next, which means that Sydney might love you to the ends of the earth, but Dizzy still thinks you're just a weird kid.

If I were to remake the game from the ground-up, I'd probably put in a more linear progression line, where you couldn't have the next 'stage' of sexual conquest until you've achieved it with one or two of the others simultaneously. Peter would never get a blowjob from Sydney if Mom wasn't also doing it; he'd never have sex unless Sydney, Mom, Grandma, Dizzy, Sarah, Lisa and Neala were all at that stage, too.

In that way, you can more easily define when/how you want the progression to go, but it's limiting as well, so... six of one, half dozen of another (makes no difference either way), people are still gonna bitch.

Hope that helps?

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
Morzan3 has provided me with some plugins that makes things easier. For example, instead of having to define new switches and variables to determine the state of the dialogue, the plugin allows me to use scripts along with conditional branches to check instead. Here are some examples:

$gameActors.actor(actor_id).progress == 0
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).corruption > 0
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).purity < 1
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).corruptionRoute == false
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).purityRoute == true
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).blackmailed != false

There are still some limitations I will have to deal with. For example, I'll still have to create new variables and/or switches for the scene dialogue, but overall, his plugin has made my job much easier.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Nice! Plug-ins like that are super helpful at keeping things neat and orderly. Though my monkey brain is wondering why you only have a corruption > 0 line, when it should be a ‘less than or equal to’ symbol.

Still, that’s awesome!

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
Though my monkey brain is wondering why you only have a corruption > 0 line, when it should be a ‘less than or equal to’ symbol.
They're just the examples that were sent through to me and those values and I think the operators were just to show whether I should be checking for a value or a true/false. I don't believe there was any greater meaning behind the corruption > 0.

Deleted member 1066026

Dec 6, 2018
Morzan3 has provided me with some plugins that makes things easier. For example, instead of having to define new switches and variables to determine the state of the dialogue, the plugin allows me to use scripts along with conditional branches to check instead. Here are some examples:

$gameActors.actor(actor_id).progress == 0
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).corruption > 0
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).purity < 1
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).corruptionRoute == false
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).purityRoute == true
$gameActors.actor(actor_id).blackmailed != false

There are still some limitations I will have to deal with. For example, I'll still have to create new variables and/or switches for the scene dialogue, but overall, his plugin has made my job much easier.
That reminded me, are you gonna to do like Chilly's way on the control scenes? like using the Q to hide the UI and all that?

CoalBurner

Sep 18, 2018
Always glad to see more modding for this game, just curious as to how new content will be handled.
Is the story of the main characters going to be left entirely alone from the 1.1 version save for a few additional optional scenes?
Or will the story be sort of elongated to add the additional scenes in between existing ones?

In xalenda mod the characters end up going past where the 1.1 version leaves them, all the way to a mind-slave rather than just dependent, are there plans to go that far with this mod too?

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
Good. That makes things go smoother. Chilly did say that if he wanted to do that he would have to do what you are doing and that's rip up everything and start from scratch...Which is now why he's making his own game.

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
In xalenda mod the characters end up going past where the 1.1 version leaves them, all the way to a mind-slave rather than just dependent, are there plans to go that far with this mod too?
I have no plans to take the characters this far in my mod. Not a kink I'm much into.

Always glad to see more modding for this game, just curious as to how new content will be handled.
Is the story of the main characters going to be left entirely alone from the 1.1 version save for a few additional optional scenes?
Or will the story be sort of elongated to add the additional scenes in between existing ones?
I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what you're asking, but I think I get the gist of it. I think it will depend on the scene, but I imagine most would be slotted in without additional story. We'll have to wait and see.

Deleted member 1066026

Dec 6, 2018
I have no plans to take the characters this far in my mod. Not a kink I'm much into.

I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what you're asking, but I think I get the gist of it. I think it will depend on the scene, but I imagine most would be slotted in without additional story. We'll have to wait and see.
I mean it doesn't have to be a full new event for the scenes, I just don't want a bunch of them thrown at the babysitting just cuz it's easier, dunno if I'm the only one that is like that, but I prefer a linear path to de scenes, got blowjob at the park? blowjob at the store is available and so on, maybe just a little chat before it.

Deleted member 1066026

Dec 6, 2018
Assuming you're referring to the fact that the MILFs show up as such in the phone menu, Hitomi and Mary will be treated like easter eggs and will not appear in the phone.
I mean like, will they have purity/corruption route, calling to babysit, going into they houses, etc. Or just meet and fuck

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote