Mod Urban Demons [L0R3M's Mod]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Deleted member 1066026

Dec 6, 2018
Just to clarify. I am making it from the ground upI'll be using aspects of both. I'll be primarily focusing on the OG for story elements and Chilly's for everything else.

I'm not sure whether I'll add the apartments. I'll have to play through the OG to see how the apartment is obtained/used. As for money, I don't think I'll be increasing its importance in-game just because there really isn't anything to spend it on, but maybe I'll think of something.
I should replay the og game to remember the differences between stories. apart from the Kaylee storyline, I don't remember anything else.

Edit: Yeah, the whole money thing is more of a excuse to more different context to the scenes

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
You didnt say what you thought of the busts Boku-kun ?
My bad. I like both, but I prefer the original bust. Would you be able to re-colour the original so her nipples match the new naked bust?

Also just noticed that if you compare the original with new busts, the new ones are a bit squashed. Would it be possible to unsquash the naked bust?

Sorry for asking so much.

Deleted member 1066026

Dec 6, 2018
My bad. I like both, but I prefer the original bust. Would you be able to re-colour the original so her nipples match the new naked bust?

Also just noticed that if you compare the original with new busts, the new ones are a bit squashed. Would it be possible to unsquash the naked bust?

Sorry for asking so much.
Sure, I can do that, but about the squish thing, the og image is the one that's actually slightly larger than it's supposed to (I re-edited to be the same height as Kim), but I can make it like this if you want.

requiemss

Nov 15, 2017
I don't know if you noticed this as well but after introducing the modded scenes, some progression paths stopped making sense.

For example, there wasn't a "Has seen the night ride scene" requirement before fucking Mom in the kitchen, so you could have sex with her first before seeing the night ride which was supposed to be the first time, as it contains the "omg i can't believe I'm doing this" dialogue.

Boku-kun If you're taking the time to re-build this from the ground up, I'd suggest to plan ahead the paths and requirements to all the scenes already available for a character before implementing it so the dialogues makes sense.

Having planned requirements would allow you to have fewer branches to a scene (what if the player saw X scene before Y, or Z before Y or Y before X) which can lead to richer dialogues and not generic ones that have to account for all possibilities or none of them at all.

As a plus, I'd love to have some dialogues that get triggered after sequencing scenes. Like if you have sex with a character in the park, and then in the house, the character would comment on this.

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
I don't know if you noticed this as well but after introducing the modded scenes, some progression paths stopped making sense.

For example, there wasn't a "Has seen the night ride scene" requirement before fucking Mom in the kitchen, so you could have sex with her first before seeing the night ride which was supposed to be the first time, as it contains the "omg i can't believe I'm doing this" dialogue.

Boku-kun If you're taking the time to re-build this from the ground up, I'd suggest to plan ahead the paths and requirements to all the scenes already available for a character before implementing it so the dialogues makes sense.

Having planned requirements would allow you to have fewer branches to a scene (what if the player saw X scene before Y, or Z before Y or Y before X) which can lead to richer dialogues and not generic ones that have to account for all possibilities or none of them at all.

As a plus, I'd love to have some dialogues that get triggered after sequencing scenes. Like if you have sex with a character in the park, and then in the house, the character would comment on this.
That was definitely an issue I had with some of the dialogue, I just didn't know how to convey it. Like say, if you had a threesome with Mrs. Jennings and Bridgette/Mom, there was almost no mention of this until near the end of Nergal's updates. I kinda get it as they're relationship with one another is no more than "I fuck Peter with her from time to time".

I always felt that the dialogue not changing just made the immersion a tad harder to get into and not in the good way. Like, take the Solomons for example, Sydney to be specific, but if you just finished eating your mom out while your little brother fucks you from behind, you aren't really going to be acting the same way with them, are you?

roachghost

Sep 6, 2019

In the base game at least you have the daily dialogue that depended on the relationship level, i really liked it because of the inmmersion but sadly in the mods never was a thing.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
That does look cool, but I wonder how complex would it be to code it. Cuz like it would basically be - Day (Saturday) = Cloths #1 = Mom lingerie bj scene. And then each day would have different clothes and therefore different scenes But yeah, coding that would be hell, If Boku even considers it should not be a priority.
Hi all, Demon Pony here to give a quick rundown of what you’re asking an admitted “new” coder to do.

In the traditional sense of the game, there are a couple variables that go up and down to show the different ’days’ and ‘times’.

Day 0 = Monday, Day 1 = Tuesday... and Day 6 = Sunday, wherein going to sleep will reset the counter to 0.

So far, so good.

Then there the Time of Day variable, where 0 = Morning and 4 = Night. Got it?

Now, add to that, a separate Conditional Branching subsection for each character, where:

IF Day = 5:
If Clothes = 4:​
Set Character clothes to X​

Else If: Clothes = 3​
...​

Alllll the way down to include everything. It’s horribly convoluted and mind-numbing.

But you can use Switches, you say.

Yes, but you’d need to remember to turn the appropriate Switch On or Off, depending on what you want that person to be wearing, still using the above Conditional Branch method.

It’s how RPGMaker does its thing. My advice would be to show a steady decline of clothing via a Corruption/Purity/XXX value, and specialty clothing be reserved for special scenes.

So, under normal circumstances, the dialogue that plays during a scene is dependent on... some sort of incremental system so you see each and every dialogue.
That is how it works now. There’s a variable that counts how many times you’ve seen X scene, and the dialogue changes to match.

That’s why it sounds like Sydney is still protesting having sex with Peter even after she’s completely corrupted (in my version).

And going in, rewriting the dialogue to match each scene pre- and post-enslavement is very time and energy consuming.

Deleted member 1066026

Dec 6, 2018
Hi all, Demon Pony here to give a quick rundown of what you’re asking an admitted “new” coder to do.

In the traditional sense of the game, there are a couple variables that go up and down to show the different ’days’ and ‘times’.

Day 0 = Monday, Day 1 = Tuesday... and Day 6 = Sunday, wherein going to sleep will reset the counter to 0.

So far, so good.

Then there the Time of Day variable, where 0 = Morning and 4 = Night. Got it?

Now, add to that, a separate Conditional Branching subsection for each character, where:

IF Day = 5:
If Clothes = 4:​
Set Character clothes to X​
Else If: Clothes = 3​
...​

Alllll the way down to include everything. It’s horribly convoluted and mind-numbing.

But you can use Switches, you say.

Yes, but you’d need to remember to turn the appropriate Switch On or Off, depending on what you want that person to be wearing, still using the above Conditional Branch method.

It’s how RPGMaker does its thing. My advice would be to show a steady decline of clothing via a Corruption/Purity/XXX value, and specialty clothing be reserved for special scenes.

That is how it works now. There’s a variable that counts how many times you’ve seen X scene, and the dialogue changes to match.

That’s why it sounds like Sydney is still protesting having sex with Peter even after she’s completely corrupted (in my version).

And going in, rewriting the dialogue to match each scene pre- and post-enslavement is very time and energy consuming.
I'm not asking him to do anything, just brainstorming ideas since this will be our last chance to talk about it. But yeah, I already realized that it was that hard since my first message, that's why I said it should not be a priority. About the dialogues though, how could we change how dialogues appear depending on the beginning of the relationship (rejection and disgust) to the final of the relationship (acceptance and joy)? Therefore only two variables are needed and Boku could use already written dialogue. Or is this how is already done and I just confused?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote