RPGM Urban Demons: Remake [Proof of Concept] [Urban Demons]

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes

throweawayee

Jun 26, 2020
how do i access the options/save menu? pressing esc does nothing.

nvm. I was playing the fnzone mod and not this one.

Last edited:

iRoxor

Oct 29, 2017
Oh boy. Well, here's hoping that "third time's the charm" actually works.

I hope Nergal has learned from the mistakes from the original Urban Demons, but I also hope he retains the essence of UrbanXLife which, for those who don't know, is the original "original game" that was abandoned by Wootch (twice or thrice) an eon ago.

Nergal did a superb job of keeping in Urban Demons the "UrbanXLife feel" of corrupting the characters in a way that doesn't make it feel like a 180 at the turn of a hat (although, other corruption games have been pretty good about it too like Bones' Tale). I really liked Nergal's approach in the first UD where he gives the player a choice if they want to experience the game at its grindy pace (as was the case in UxL, except 3x grindier) or experience the game with a Summertime Saga-like pace where you don't need to grind to view the next scene, so I hope he keeps that choice in.

It would be nice if Nergal doesn't focus too much on the story since the ending in the first UD felt too shoehorned in and didn't really matter for much except to burden the player with a very long, drawn-out, and annoying sequence. I would instead prefer more screen time of Meridiana, the demon lady, since she only got about 3 scenes despite being a major plot character.

Looks like Nergal and co. learned how to really optimize for the RPGMaker engine. A lot of areas are condensed into a single map, the framerate is improved during scenes, and I didn't see any animation jank. Although, I do wish he kept the H-scene structure that UxL and Bones' Tale uses where you have the options to speed up, slow down, or climax. Even though it isn't necessary, there's a certain nostalgic charm to it being there that I can't explain. It is a POC beta so there's a chance that it could be implemented, who knows.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Who is developing this remake? Dont tell me the same dude Nergals Nest is just re-hashing this?

History Lesson: Nergal milked THE HELL out of Urban Demons and kept delaying content to the point where he was actually forced to release something because the fanbase started reporting his patreon, so faced with potential shutdown of his revenue stream he hastily released a bugged mess of a game and called it "completed". He would later rebrand to Naughty Underworld in order to try and get away from the terrible past of Nergals Nest.

EDIT: It's the same dude lmfao, he currently has 2 other games in development which are all essentally the same game; "Nicest" and "Solarion Project", bro is really trying to milk his old Urban Demons fans for even more huh...

snes4life

Oct 12, 2018
Who is developing this remake? Dont tell me the same dude Nergals Nest is just re-hashing this?

History Lesson: Nergal milked THE HELL out of Urban Demons and kept delaying content to the point where he was actually forced to release something because the fanbase started reporting his patreon, so faced with potential shutdown of his revenue stream he hastily released a bugged mess of a game and called it "completed". He would later rebrand to Naughty Underworld in order to try and get away from the terrible past of Nergals Nest.

EDIT: It's the same dude lmfao, he currently has 2 other games in development which are all essentally the same game; "Nicest" and "Solarion Project", bro is really trying to milk his old Urban Demons fans for even more huh...
honestly, solarion project has had regular updates so I'll give it a pass and he has been very open about how nicest is a side project that won't be the main prioirty. neither seem like the same developmental mess urban demon turned out to be.

Fiah-crotch

Mar 11, 2018
honestly, solarion project has had regular updates so I'll give it a pass and he has been very open about how nicest is a side project that won't be the main prioirty. neither seem like the same developmental mess urban demon turned out to be.
Not only that but Urban Demons was like 7 years ago. Nergal has definitely gained a lot more experience and probably taken care of a lot of life's main quests that now allow him to spend more time on the games creation. I imagine at the time of the original he was probably juggling school/work, family/friend time, and other things.

Reactions: Nergal's Nest

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Still doesnt bode well starting a new project while you have 2 ongoing, not to mention when your only completed project is one you rushed to completion and left a buggy mess.
Not only that but Urban Demons was like 7 years ago. Nergal has definitely gained a lot more experience and probably taken care of a lot of life's main quests that now allow him to spend more time on the games creation. I imagine at the time of the original he was probably juggling school/work, family/friend time, and other things.
For some people developers can do no wrong. Which is exactly why they can always take advantage of gullible patrons and supporters. Some people really do never learn I guess.

naufalshodiqn

Mar 17, 2020
well we know where it gonna go...
they planning put more tag and what it is?
it is "Abandoned"..
i mean some mod have more scene, more dialog, from the original version.. and yes that preeeeety much good for me..

snes4life

Oct 12, 2018
For some people developers can do no wrong. Which is exactly why they can always take advantage of gullible patrons and supporters. Some people really do never learn I guess.
so he made 1 bad project almost a decade ago, and now u can never ever trust him no matter what. yeah i'm not gullible

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes