Mod Completed Urban Demons [v0.8.2 | FNFZone Mod Ver. 5.5 + Bug Fix G]

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
after the groping and evening bj's would be my best guess. Afternoon in the Amos household. It'd just make the most sense narratively.

Reactions: ChillyScholar

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I'm not against using that idea, I am looking through Ms Amos stuff as I plan on using it as the basis for the storyline of a character in my game

Feb 27, 2020
Ive been mildly curious about this for a while, but is there any reason why there are so many duplicate images in the sex scene animations?

Take dizzy-fuck, for example. The animation is 60 frames long, but there are only 10 unique frames. The number 60 comes from looping the animation 3 times and then duplicate every single frame so that 2 frames in a row are identical. 10 * 3 * 2 = 60.
On the pic, comparing the orignal 60f animation at the left and the non-duplicate 10f on the right:

comparing60vs10.png

When i modify said scene to said 10 frames and test it in-game, the animation is twice as fast, which is to be expected since thats likely the reason every frame is duplicated. But is it possible to slow down the animation within the game code instead?
dizzy-fuck-60.gif dizzy-fuck-10.gif

Reactions: BoycottedGuy

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Ive been mildly curious about this for a while, but is there any reason why there are so many duplicate images in the sex scene animations?

Take dizzy-fuck, for example. The animation is 60 frames long, but there are only 10 unique frames. The number 60 comes from looping the animation 3 times and then duplicate every single frame so that 2 frames in a row are identical. 10 * 3 * 2 = 60.
On the pic, comparing the orignal 60f animation at the left and the non-duplicate 10f on the right:

View attachment 1994104

When i modify said scene to said 10 frames and test it in-game, the animation is twice as fast, which is to be expected since thats likely the reason every frame is duplicated. But is it possible to slow down the animation within the game code instead?
View attachment 1994105 View attachment 1994106
Animation speed is determined within the CSV (dialogue) files for each scene in question, so yes, you can change them. But duplicate frames exists so scenes don't go too fast. I can give a more detailed explanation at a later time.

Crasher92

Oct 7, 2017
while the 10 frame example above feels a little too fast, i often found myself thinking a lot of scene felt rather slow.

Feb 27, 2020
Edit: I didnt notice you already answered me before i posted this comment. I was still rambling about what i knew about the issue. Yes, id appreciate a more in depth look a the issue. rn i gotta catch some sleep so yeah whenever you can man. Appreciated in advance

I just tested and failed at something: i found out the script in charge of the sex scenes is called "Nergals Advanced Scene Player". So i thought there could be some value i could duplicate/half in order to keep the tempo of the original 60f animation with the optimized 10f.

le_scripting.png

I tried modifying the @max_speed variable from 5 to 10. And that initially seemed to work, as the speed of both the 60f and the 10f animations were identical. But see, when you progress the dialogue, the animation will increase in speed in order to match the intensity of the fuck. So whenever the animation speeds up, the "fix" stops working for the 10f animation i.e. It goes back to being twice as fast as the original.

Edit 2: it seems i managed to make it work by modifying the line 230 from [ICODE@max_speed = @new_speed[/ICODE] to [ICODE@max_speed = @new_speed*2[/ICODE]. I do not know if it truly mimics the original speed, if there are any unintended consequences or if its even feasible to do this for all the other scenes. idk, its too late in the night. i need some sleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoycottedGuy
Jul 12, 2021
Edit: I didnt notice you already answered me before i posted this comment. I was still rambling about what i knew about the issue. Yes, id appreciate a more in depth look a the issue. rn i gotta catch some sleep so yeah whenever you can man. Appreciated in advance

I just tested and failed at something: i found out the script in charge of the sex scenes is called "Nergals Advanced Scene Player". So i thought there could be some value i could duplicate/half in order to keep the tempo of the original 60f animation with the optimized 10f.

View attachment 1994122

I tried modifying the @max_speed variable from 5 to 10. And that initially seemed to work, as the speed of both the 60f and the 10f animations were identical. But see, when you progress the dialogue, the animation will increase in speed in order to match the intensity of the fuck. So whenever the animation speeds up, the "fix" stops working for the 10f animation i.e. It goes back to being twice as fast as the original.

Edit 2: it seems i managed to make it work by modifying the line 230 from [ICODE@max_speed = @new_speed[/ICODE] to [ICODE@max_speed = @new_speed*2[/ICODE]. I do not know if it truly mimics the original speed, if there are any unintended consequences or if its even feasible to do this for all the other scenes. idk, its too late in the night. i need some sleep.
From my understanding the "speed" number works as a fraction. What I mean is the constant "1" is the number of frames while the speed is seconds, so when the speed is 5 it moves 1 frame/picture every 5 seconds thus making the animations feel slow. by removing the extra frames you make the program jump faster ahead since every second is 60 frames. Every animation works on the concept of 60 fps so to make up for it, the program speeds up to fill in the gaps in time. All you did was add in the extra measurements for it to go slower if you wanted to. The simplest solution is to make the max speed 3 to give a slow, med, and fast speeds and make sure the scripts for the scenes match that maximum.

May 31, 2018
Pls help I can play the original game but somehow this version refuses to open, it just open then close immediatly, I installed rpgvxace rtp but still nothing happen.

May 31, 2018
That is weird. what're your machine's specs?
win 10 i5 9400f 1660 super, I can play other rgss3 games (which have red dragon icon) like the original Urban Demons but this game....I tried all solutions I found on internet but still nothing o_O

Edit: Actually not only this game, I don't know but I can't play someother rgss3 games (red dragon icon) either, it just open the window then close immediately without any warning. My computer can run perfectly with rpgm games ave the warriors icon.

Zaiaku

Jul 1, 2017
hmm...have you tried deleting the game and redownloading it? Yeah, I know obvious solution, but just want to cover the bases.

May 31, 2018
hmm...have you tried deleting the game and redownloading it? Yeah, I know obvious solution, but just want to cover the bases.
Yeah I understand, tried every ways I can but still no responding, I just reinstall the rpg pack and....well, the game still hate me, I guess I'll find another, thank you anyways :LOL:

May 31, 2018
Yo somehow I can I play the game with the weirdest solution I can think about and it actual works, I copy the game and paste into the folder which also has RPGVXAce folder and the game works. I can't believe in my eye when the game open and the picture of MC Neala and the demon popup lmao :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Zaiaku
4.50 star(s) 13 Votes