4.20 star(s) 51 Votes

CyberBlader

Aug 8, 2016
Well he did say for now he concentrate in getting the 0.9 version out in mid-april or longer first depending on the coding and work done before anything else.

And it wasn't actually him that animated the scene remember?

CyberBlader

Aug 8, 2016
Also I like the idea for "Susan/Susie" idea from marauder, but for now we gotta wait on the release of the game before adding all the awesome content chilly and everyone else did

DimitarM12

May 8, 2017
All this talk of spamming Nergal and I just wanted to ask him how he animated A Zombie's Life. :coldsweat:
Nergal is only the coder for the game, he doesn't draw the animations/scenes. For A Zombie's Life artist is Scarlett Ann and for Urban Demons is Glassfish.

- sry if im bad at eng.

Reactions: Crawdaddy

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Reading comprehension.
Nergal animated the scenes drawn by Scarlett Ann in AZL himself. Unless there was another party involved, but I doubt it. He also said it himself, I think?
Coincidentally, I think that's why he pretty much gave up on AZL. The animation is just too tedious, doubly so considering there's a lot of old artwork to animate with the method he switched to at some point.

As for asking/demanding/spamming Nergal for content made here to be implemented in the main game, just stop. If he wanted to do it, he would do it. Don't put him in the awkward situation where he'd be forced to tell you exactly WHY he doesn't want to.

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Nergal animated the scenes drawn by Scarlett Ann in AZL himself. Unless there was another party involved, but I doubt it. He also said it himself, I think?
No, he did have an animator named Sijix work on AZL. This is one post I found that he mentions it in -
Also, if you look at Sijix's page, you can see that the animation style is similar.

crazybeaver

May 4, 2017
Well, this sunday i wish to raise a toast for: ChillyScholar, Belmontking12, Fappychubb, Rokmazterkil, duder1, and many other WHO added for this project!
So, if YOU (on that list) will have some questions in Moscow\Russia - PM freely, ill be happy to TRY to help.

Reactions: Crawdaddy

crazybeaver

May 4, 2017
Again - WE ALL have a good wishes for Nergal, for Glassfish, for ScarlettAnn - let they live 1000 years in good health with all theirs beloved. BUT HERE IS F95 - We not likes "newones" who regged just to say "Chilly - is an artrisan, and We ALL love NERGAL" - WE ALL see, that NERGAL DID many for it, but also, I see, that Chilly and guys did REALLY MUCH for it.
Chilly - again - you are my hero!

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
No, he did have an animator named Sijix work on AZL. This is one post I found that he mentions it in -
Also, if you look at Sijix's page, you can see that the animation style is similar.
Oh, so that's how he managed to smoothen out/improve the quality of the animation somewhere halfway through development. Still, he did do the original, "jankier" animations for AZL, a lot of which were supposed to be updated.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
In case it's not clear enough for people why Nergal doesn't want to include fan mods into the core game, here are some obvious ones:
1. They don't fit his creative vision.
2. It may not be up to his preferred standard.
3. They are based on pirated artwork, and thus would create a legal headache for him since he's creating a commercial product.
4. Even in the cases where it's original artwork, it could still open for possible litigation, so it's probably not worth the potential hassle for him.

So yeah, let mods be mods.

Crawdaddy

Aug 26, 2017
i dont understand the point of that comment nergal game is based off of wootch dead game nergal has stopped making updates on his games thus mods have picked it up
Nergal's game is sufficiently different (names, events, artwork, etc.) for it to not constitute copyright infringement, so that's a moot point. It's like the difference between Pokemon and Digimon, except, you know, more incesty.

Secondly, Nergal hasn't abandoned it, as has been made abundantly clear in this thread recently

Lastly, mods are very often based on taking artwork from artists and tweaking it. In this case, we've used a fair share of altered art from Glassfish, which she technically owns the rights to (meaning that we've pirated it, just like we pirate the game itself. They're cool about it, but technically what we're doing is illegal). If Nergal wanted to include it, he'd have to figure out some deal with Glassfish, perhaps pay her additional fees or something. In the cases were original work has been done here, the modder holds the intellectual rights for the art, so if Nergal wanted to include this into his game, he'd have to work out some deal with the modder. Ideally, this would just be a simply written statement saying that he could use it, but it would still require use of real names and all that legal stuff for it to be valid. If Nergal just stuffed original content into his game, he could risk some random person claiming copyright for that asset, and wanting compensation, and that's a risk many independent creators don't want to take.

D

Deleted member 40921

i dont understand the point of that comment nergal game is based off of wootch dead game nergal has stopped making updates on his games thus mods have picked it up
Nergal modified Wootch's version like Chilly however that was just with coding.
Nergal's game is sufficiently different (names, events, artwork, etc.) for it to not constitute copyright infringement, so that's a moot point. It's like the difference between Pokemon and Digimon, except, you know, more incesty.

Secondly, Nergal hasn't abandoned it, as has been made abundantly clear in this thread recently

Lastly, mods are very often based on taking artwork from artists and tweaking it. In this case, we've used a fair share of altered art from Glassfish, which she technically owns the rights to (meaning that we've pirated it, just like we pirate the game itself. They're cool about it, but technically what we're doing is illegal). If Nergal wanted to include it, he'd have to figure out some deal with Glassfish, perhaps pay her additional fees or something. In the cases were original work has been done here, the modder holds the intellectual rights for the art, so if Nergal wanted to include this into his game, he'd have to work out some deal with the modder. Ideally, this would just be a simply written statement saying that he could use it, but it would still require use of real names and all that legal stuff for it to be valid. If Nergal just stuffed original content into his game, he could risk some random person claiming copyright for that asset, and wanting compensation, and that's a risk many independent creators don't want to take.
Well said.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
In case it's not clear enough for people why Nergal doesn't want to include fan mods into the core game, here are some obvious ones:
1. They don't fit his creative vision.
2. It may not be up to his preferred standard.
3. They are based on pirated artwork, and thus would create a legal headache for him since he's creating a commercial product.
4. Even in the cases where it's original artwork, it could still open for possible litigation, so it's probably not worth the potential hassle for him.

So yeah, let mods be mods.
just checked the pateron and seems your correct he is back :D

sagela

Oct 10, 2017
Yeah although we're not asking him to directly put the fanmade content in the game, we're asking him if he's ok to take some inspiration from it... it's more of a fan request really

4.20 star(s) 51 Votes